Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #616
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
mmm Andi had better make this stronger then.
.... we won't be shaggin on it mate!!!, BTW that blowup sheep you ordered arrived today
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #617
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
BTW that blowup sheep you ordered arrived today
Is it as nice as yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #618
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

On The Way To Nogales

Our plan is to get back to the US and get sorted to continue on one bike ..... what can possibly go wrong???

We employed a fello and his good lady with a ute to bring Chiwi and Hobbit back to the USA as Ellen could not ride.

We left Lo De Marcos, 7.00 am sharp so 8.30 Mexican time... hmmm what happened to 7.00 sharp?? a n y w a y the trip was uneventful, we arrived at Navajoa and got a Hotel at midnight after clocking 1000 km of our 1600km drive.

Following morning we set off at 9.00 am sharp, 10.15 am Mexican time ... hmmm what happened to 9.00 am sharp ... there is a pattern forming here.

Only 10km out of Navajoa BANG and the left front of the truck drops to the road amidst grinding and thumping sounds, our driver to his credit held it straight and bought us to a stop, we all bailed out, we just past a road cone on the side of the road so I ran back and placed it 100 metres back from us in our lane.

Upon returning back to the truck we had established the bottom suspension ball joint had failed (mostly cos it was fncked to start with) and bailed out of the swingarm and the whole lot had gone to ground, it had hit the tire and gutted that wide open too.

The swingarm was ground down and torn open so was stuffed and they had to find a replacement.

We were there two minutes when a couple of mechanics pulled up, they organised the tow truck (uh ouwh ... here we go again) and we were on our way back to town.

So here we are right back at the beginning of the report sitting waiting for parts to turn up, we are supposed to be in Nogales tonight crossing to the US tomorrow.

The guy for the shocks turns up, yes the RHS is yesterday so he takes off and gets a new pair, he comes back, argh wrong ones, hmmm, ok come back 1 hour later and has the right ones, but only one has rubbers and washers .... WTF.

We sit and wait another 1 and 1/2 hour.

This is how Mexicans can two a 2 hours job into a 6 -7 hour job so easily and as usual the only time we DO have something organised like our pick up in the USA at Nogales this shit happens and we to simply sit around and wait for others for the most of it seemingly simple shit.

For the most of the time we have no timetable or organised deadline as this seems be the only time when shit happens and it stuffs things up.

See what happens now.

We finally hit the road again some 7 hours later and drive into the night to Hermosillo, we ended up staying at a love Motel and we had to be out at 6.00am which enabled us to get a good start by 7.00am, we carried on to Santa Anna for breaky which was very nice.

Upon finishing breaky we continued to Nogales to the border, to get out TVIP back turned into a bit of a drama as the bikes were loaded front first ....where the VIN numbers are, the (huge) lady wanted us to unload them completely ... we managed to get the manager across an shuffled things around enough to read them and get our deposits back.

We carried on to the border and had to fill out an I94 and pay some money to extend our VISAs in order to get sorted again.

We met up with Neil a fello ADVer who offered to come and pick us up, very kind indeed, also a HUGE thanks to his boss Al Jesse http://www.jesseluggage.com who gave Neil the time out to come and pick us up, in this harsh world there are still great people around, you guys rock!!!.

The bikes were unloaded from the ute and reloaded on to a trailer after a carpark reassembly job

Neil in action

Both bikes loaded we were ready to do the finally leg to Phoenix so time to say goodbye to our driver Manuel and his good lady who we will catch up with again when we head south.

Now we are in Phoenix, re grouping, ordering replacement gear and selling bits and pieces off and playing the waiting game with Maya and here arrival.

Not much to report other than slowly waiting.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #619
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
Is it as nice as yours?
Nah mate we bought the deluxe model bahbahbah
Old 12-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #620
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Thumb An Exciting Week For Kiwis

Dick and Diana Hubbard from New Zealand just completed their top to bottom Ice To Ice trip.

Well done you guys you make us Kiwis proud.

Take a look at their blog, very entertaining indeed.

http://www.ice2icebymotorcycle.blogspot.co.nz/

Love to all

Cheers Andi & Ellen
Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #621
Ducatijim
Hopeless Poseuer!

Oddometer: 291
Its little wonder that most 'Mechies' seem to want to be north of the border by the sounds of it!!!! How do you keep your tongue in ur head and not say 'something'????

I am no gynaecologist, but I would be happy to take a look.............................................. ......................................
Ducatijim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #622
going south
hero & Zero...

Oddometer: 998
Holy Shit: You two are truly amazing!!!! I am in Alaska now, will be back in Mazatlan about January 2nd or 3rd...
If you need anything send it to my Seattle address, & I'll bring it to Mazatlan for you, & if not swing by & I'll buy you a beer, or a shrimp Taco or two.....

Best Regards,

Jim & Cindy....

Stay strong....

Never Lost! Just Don't know where I am!

"Don't worry about your money, let your money worry about you" Jorge González
going south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #623
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatijim View Post
Its little wonder that most 'Mechies' seem to want to be north of the border by the sounds of it!!!! How do you keep your tongue in ur head and not say 'something'????
Mate it is an unusual world and unusual things happen ..... soem funny shit to be honest.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #624
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by going south View Post
Holy Shit: You two are truly amazing!!!! I am in Alaska now, will be back in Mazatlan about January 2nd or 3rd...
If you need anything send it to my Seattle address, & I'll bring it to Mazatlan for you, & if not swing by & I'll buy you a beer, or a shrimp Taco or two.....

Best Regards,

Jim & Cindy....

Stay strong....
Heya Jim and Cindy

Slowly regrouping now, will get the new machinery and get re-setup, will be coming down Baja this time as we have done the mainland side, will come across to Mazatlan via the floater so will stop in and say hi again.

Not sure if we will stay as I think the boat gets in early but will see closer to the time.

This time I think we are all good ... I hope

Cheers Andi & Ellen
Old 12-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #625
toddiscdn
Take off, EH!

Oddometer: 1,000
Your going to get on a boat!! not sure thats a good idea with your luck

Seriously, though I hope the rest of your trip goes well, seems like one thing after another for you two so far, breaking the unbreakable DR, crashes, broken pickups, etc.. Good on ya for hangin in there.

Cheers, Todd
toddiscdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #626
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,462
Sold them bikes Eh!

If you guys missed what happened on that thread yesterday, I'll let you know but not here. Down in Head Explody now....good place for that and my first.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #627
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddiscdn View Post
Your going to get on a boat!! not sure thats a good idea with your luck

Seriously, though I hope the rest of your trip goes well, seems like one thing after another for you two so far, breaking the unbreakable DR, crashes, broken pickups, etc.. Good on ya for hangin in there.

Cheers, Todd
Heya Todd, yeah we have had our fair share of speedbumps but we are all good, the bikes are sorted which is cool for both sale and purchase side.

Just have to wait for Maya to turn up and we got confirmation today that she is on her way .
Old 12-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #628
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Sold them bikes Eh!

If you guys missed what happened on that thread yesterday, I'll let you know but not here. Down in Head Explody now....good place for that and my first.

Yeah I saw it and the shit the ADV Grifter bought up, not sure what his bones are with us, we don't know him and we certainly DON'T want to know him, we have done nothing against him and had no bones with him until now, now he can piss off and die for all I care, he is nothing but an oxygen thief.

So yes, Chiwi and Hobbit have new owners, Maya was picked up today so it is the waiting game from here.

In the mean time we have been very lucky to be staying with some very nice Ozzies Bevan and Clare here in Phoenix, Bevan has some bikes that need one or two jobs doing so with my time off I am helping him out while he is away at work swapping bars, changing tires etc and fitting up chain guards etc.

Good karma comes and goes around and we are very lucky to have support here.

Won't be long now and we will be back on the road hopefully enjoying the rest of our RTW tour.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #629
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Yeah I saw it and the shit the ADV Grifter bought up, not sure what his bones are with us, we don't know him and we certainly DON'T want to know him, we have done nothing against him and had no bones with him until now, now he can piss off and die for all I care, he is nothing but an oxygen thief

Don't worry about this guy mate...

It seems that anyone who has problems with a DR 650 gets into Grifters bad books... We have him spouting off in other threads about how when the DR breaks down it is from owner neglect and no fault of the bike... He's posted quite a bit in the DR 3rd gear failure thread and seems to be truly quite offended that the thread was started and the fact that some DRs do blow up... He even had one of the 3 he owned suffer from what was likely a 3rd gear failure {I believe he stated that he sold that bike without checking the cause}... So with you guys experiencing so many problems in a short time with your bikes it's only natural that you got Grifters attention...

All in all take it with a grain of salt and don't let it bother you, those that personally know you will vouch that you are a gear head and do well at maintaining your rides ...

I have learned to treat Grifters DR defensive posts as entertainment and take no offense towards the guy and he does post some good tips and advice from time to time...

gunnerbuck screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 07:55 PM
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #630
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,924
Andi and Ellen well done on selling the bikes! That is great news. Hope to catch back up in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote