Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #691
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 750
He has another KTM for sale in the flea market... feel free to visit.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #692
mustardfj40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Wow! $17,000 for that bike with a bad water pump and other things at 2,000 miles. Hope thing will work out for you and your luck will turn around in the New Year. I really enjoy reading your RR.
mustardfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #693
Ducatijim
Hopeless Poseuer!

Oddometer: 288
Fucking sux, not like it was a bargin either.

I am no gynaecologist, but I would be happy to take a look.............................................. ......................................
Ducatijim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #694
Yellow Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
You would think so wouldn't you, I wanted to keep it below the deck and deal with the previous owner but he will not respond to any emails of phone calls.

Not going to be too long before I hang the dirty laundry out on him.

This is how it was advertised

This is how it was sent

Sent with bad waterpump, fooked shitty oil, stuffed oil filter and shit all through the motor .... bit disappointing really.
What a flipping toolshed this jerk is!
Yellow Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #695
tbird649
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
The Other KTM for sale

Dont think ktm950se will be selling the other one so quick.

tbird649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #696
terryckdbf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 839
Been subscribed from the get go and enjoying except for Ellen's get off. And now this. Shipping a bike without cleaning it is bad enough but misleading the condition is unforgivable. $16,000 in extras is a new bike in its self

Hang in there Andi, hoping things get better.

Terry
terryckdbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #697
HeatXfer
Bad knees

Oddometer: 516
That is a shitty thing to do. I'm having a similar experience with my recently purchased 990, although not nearly as bad. It is my fault for not being diligent in my inspection of the bike and more direct in my questions before buying. Had I known about the lack of maintenance, the extent of needed repairs and the real possibility of a complete engine rebuild I would have offered $2k less.

If the previous owner had been forthcoming about the bike's problems, I would have known the guy to be honest and taken my chances on the deal. Again, it's my fault for not being thorough, but that doesn't excuse his deception and his willingness to let me drive off with a time bomb.

Too bad, now he's just another guy I can't trust.
HeatXfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #698
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,909
Having seen what Andi has gone thru up close, it is certainly disappointing for him.

I recently brought a 990 then same way, for me it was a great experience and I now count the previous owners as friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #699
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatXfer View Post
That is a shitty thing to do. I'm having a similar experience with my recently purchased 990, although not nearly as bad. It is my fault for not being diligent in my inspection of the bike and more direct in my questions before buying. Had I known about the lack of maintenance, the extent of needed repairs and the real possibility of a complete engine rebuild I would have offered $2k less.

If the previous owner had been forthcoming about the bike's problems, I would have known the guy to be honest and taken my chances on the deal. Again, it's my fault for not being thorough, but that doesn't excuse his deception and his willingness to let me drive off with a time bomb.

Too bad, now he's just another guy I can't trust.
Mate I am sorry to hear that too, if I had known that this guy was FOS and just deceitful I would not have gone near it either or gone WAY less to cover for repairs.

Lesson learnt for me being a dumbarse trusting Kiwi, got to get around this in cost damage recovery mode hence selling basically all the good bits and put back on the factory stuff, expensive mistake unless he stumps up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
Having seen what Andi has gone thru up close, it is certainly disappointing for him.

I recently brought a 990 then same way, for me it was a great experience and I now count the previous owners as friends.
If it weren't for the support of the local Phoenix crowd and our mates here it would be bloody hard to the point I probably would have packed it in and gone home by now, to be honest I have had enough of troubles and wouldn't mind a bit of a good run for a change.

Anyway, happy new year all, hope you have a great time with family and friends.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #700
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
what a bugger...to have a bike so well set up yet in such poor condition must be a real let down.He is a poor judge of things though selling to a fellow adv rider and in the middle of a ride report too...whats he expect is gonna happen!
All the best guys!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:56 AM   #701
korukiwi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Happy New Year

Andi and Ellen, we hope you have vastly improved fortunes in 2013.
As kiwis we find it hard to believe the latest let down you are dealing with. I want to come over and give you a big hug.
Hopefully you are getting loads of help and support from the good people around you.

The fireworks in Queenstown exploded with exuberant joy. I hope that your New Year does too.
Kia kaha
Diana
korukiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #702
preppypyro
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Im sorry to hear of your shity luck in buying the bike. Looked like such a nice bike from the add.
preppypyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #703
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,296
Good luck Kiwis.

I can't believe the guy shipped you a dirty bike. You might, in some strange universe, and even that's a stretch, overlook the water pump, but shipping a dirty bike is just WRONG.

The guy needs a beat down just on principal. I looked at that add several times, and like you, I assumed it was a sweet ride. If I recall he said he had some kind of "life event" that forced a sale? Who knows the real story?

When I sell a bike, I prep it like I am going on a long trip myself. Full service. Then I detail it to the max. I always divulge any issues I have had and and any existing if there are any.

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #704
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Happy New Year 2 Kiwi's
I hope all this bad karma can be left behind in 2012.
Time to ride into 2013.
TOTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #705
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTim View Post
Happy New Year 2 Kiwi's
I hope all this bad karma can be left behind in 2012.
Time to ride into 2013.
Happy New Year to you too mate, and to the people supporting us, Doug you are a good man, really appreciate it, so much support from the ADV community.

Have to admit to feeling a little less than party enthusiastic today ... few more drinks may raside enthusiasm
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote