Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #1426
Mike Ryder
Kriegerkuh

Oddometer: 883
Hiya Guys, This is all so phuckin beautiful. I spewed with the bunny pic.

I demand more, lots more ,over the hills, keep going. Don't let fear and common sense dictate your white bum.

lovin it.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #1427
Baggi'tard
Assventure rider

Oddometer: 600
Prolly a little late on the response (I've been riding for 11 days, gimme a break). But that is soooo funny to see you with Gene and Neda, who I've also been following since they started.. groove on you four..

Also, Gene's look seems to be "holy shit this is light and has a lot of power.. "

"Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger.
KTM 640E, KTM Duke II, Ducati Multistrada 1100S

Baggi'tard screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 04:53 PM
Baggi'tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #1428
SkycamNZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcycle View Post

Croikey dick, the rear brake's done near knackered! I give the old gal a bit of a kick and whadayaknow, Bob's yer uncle and everything's a box of budgies! I'm feeling pretty chuffed and Neda pipes up with an ole, "Good on ya, mate!" so hooray to Guatemala City! We spend a few moments dodging lorries on the roadway, had to tella few to "NAFF OFF" but we got to Antigua all home'n hosed and just in time for tea! Phew, I could really go for a vegemite sarnie, right about now!
You've captured the Kiwi lingo well and truly! Excellent commentary.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #1429
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,457
Quote:
Here's a couple of pics from Maya's perspective to fill in the gaps in Andi's report:

Two Moto Canucks, back in the saddle!
.... well it suits you sir and siress ...you look quite at home there
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #1430
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:

.... it is quite funny she made YOU bow to her as well, I thought we had preferential treatment
Old 06-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #1431
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:

Croikey dick, the rear brake's done near knackered! I give the old gal a bit of a kick and whadayaknow, Bob's yer uncle and everything's a box of budgies! I'm feeling pretty chuffed and Neda pipes up with an ole, "Good on ya, mate!" so hooray to Guatemala City! We spend a few moments dodging lorries on the roadway, had to tella few to "NAFF OFF" but we got to Antigua all home'n hosed and just in time for tea! Phew, I could really go for a vegemite sarnie, right about now!
Actually most of what he said here I had to put into Google translate and it came back with Austradian ...... you just canrt trust those two moto canamericans

The funny thing was in chattin bout boikes I foolishly stated that with all the goodies we had got down from the US we had clobbered Maya's bad habits induced by the PO, I was proud sittin there saying that.

With Genes riding ability and the timing of bringing her back from Guatemala City ....what can possibly go wrong

As Murphy would have yes Maya stamped her feet and got grumpy with Gene and the rear brake did something kinda silly.

Bottom line is some ill adjustment on the pushrod by P/O meant the piston was being held about 5 mm further up not allowing backflow and there was some moisture in the master cylinder suspect from humidity here in Central America.

The combo of the two saw the pads smoked and the trailing edge of the piston pad take off and go on holiday somewhere in Guatemala.

Pistons and all working fine, nothing sticky so a good system clean, pop all pistons out and clean, dry fresh oil and correct adjustment I hope we have cured that problem.

We are going to flush the front brake and clutch to so we then know where we are at.

A huge thanks still to Gene and Julio and apologies to Gene for the incident with the rear brake....we are making it up to them by slowly torturing them with Sushi
Old 06-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #1432
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afry View Post
. I hope Andi's ribs hurt from laughing.
Heya Arnie ..... I did laugh and yeap it did hurt but was worth every bit.

Gene did a perfect job of translating the issue other than the Ozzie slant .... I am surprised Craig Idema and the Ozzie contingent from AZ haven't piled on here.

Interesting yesterday at Sushi Sabado (Sushi Saturday) I found an interesting product ..... now I ain't gonna ask too many questions here but plastic wrapper for Kangeroos .... nothing like that in New Zealand

Old 06-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #1433
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ryder View Post
Hiya Guys, This is all so phuckin beautiful. I spewed with the bunny pic.

I demand more, lots more ,over the hills, keep going. Don't let fear and common sense dictate your white bum.

lovin it.
HA... there will be more once we start doing some interesting stuff again ... it is pretty hard to hype up broken ribs

As for the bunny ... there is a lot of Sushi in them there hind quarters .... but we will prolly stick to takin photos only I think

Coming up to week four on Tuesday for the ribs and things are starting to settle a little ... got a head cold now to compliment the ribs and a few sneaky unwelcomed sneezes but at this stage not as bad as the first week

Hi to the crew Too Mike
Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #1434
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkycamNZ View Post
You've captured the Kiwi lingo well and truly! Excellent commentary.
Heya Pete ... he did do a goud juob eh, he haas ofcoarse beean to New Zealand and got soume praktice on our gearls .....
Old 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1435
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Paracematol (Panadol)??? With Codeine???....Or Naproxen w/codeine??? Got a big shot of that last year, had to drag myself to the hospital first but instant relief. I sure can rate codeine, only thing that worked for me for them raging rum hangovers. Evil Lamb's Navy, had to go beg our British captain for some codeine back then. No drugs....no lunch for you Captain. Oh well, he did it to us dropping that bottle on the mess table after supper.
Nah man just Enantyum and some pain stuff, hopefully all going well next week will see the end of tho, still strapped for another week so walking round like an unoiled robot with sticky brembo brakes
Old 06-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #1436
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggi'tard View Post
Prolly a little late on the response (I've been riding for 11 days, gimme a break). But that is soooo funny to see you with Gene and Neda, who I've also been following since they started.. groove on you four..

Also, Gene's look seems to be "holy shit this is light and has a lot of power.. "
No better excuse than riding mate it does not get any better than that .... and much more fun than writing!!

Yeah great catching up with Gene and Neda again, comparing notes on Cuba and places, even tho they are Canadian them seem nice

We are also stealing ideas from Gene on photography although our kit is only a POS, he takes great photos from a different perspective which catches your eye.

I think secretly Gene wants a KTM he had the opportunity to ride ours with raising the alarm .... just nearly the fire alarm with the rear brake

Gene said Maya feels a lot lighter and more flickable than the BMW but my experience riding 12 GS's says his bike is still a lot more comfy for the longer hauls being set up that bit more for touring and RTWing.

Each has plus and minus
Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #1437
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,374
Sticky Brembos....A little too much of that on them BMW forums.Not a good idea installing new pads without cleaning the pistons first, and more so with them newer calipers with internal dust seals. Glad some Kiwis know about brake maintenance and piston cleanings.Got to be too much of that between me and FlyingKiwi...!We concur...!

I was just readjusting that rod yesterday,pedal was down a bit. May not be exactly to BMW specs now but....wiggle wiggle, who needs instructions but I have read the manual before.

But Eh....linked brakes we BMW riders are not supposed to use the rear pedal. Unless riding the shingles of course. Out the door better go find some of that now that I washed my bike.Coffee in Kaslo??? Lots of old dolls in Nakusp/New Denver yesterday, may be something going on in Kaslo???
Old 06-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #1438
Ozgirl61
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Bloody oath mate, dont be stealing our lingo and trying to pass it off kiwi style........
you must be half way healed by now?
Ozgirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #1439
ozrockrat
Ozrockrat

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgirl61 View Post
Bloody oath mate, dont be stealing our lingo and trying to pass it off kiwi style........
you must be half way healed by now?
Ah we all knew it wasn't kiwish. At least 1/4 of the words were spelt correctly. That would never happen with a kiwi
ozrockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #1440
shrek lone rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Great news, it is only a temporary thing and should be all tidied up and healed max 50 years

So I had a CT Scan and can see hundreds on pictures of my inner most self, to be honest I have no clue as to their worth however the Doc basically says no further damage, organs all ok, just time that is going to see it right.

Got to do heavy breathing by blowing into a bottle full of water to avoid pneumonia as that is now my biggest danger other than smacking my ribs however that is extremely unlikely given the protection I am giving them from the discomfort.

All in all good news, got some heavier drugs to send to me to a better level when things are grumpy....really looking forward to the day they stop crunching around
sounds like you're turning into a soft cock bro do you want me to send you some thing to help? maybe a so it makes you feel better....