Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #1441
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Sticky Brembos....A little too much of that on them BMW forums.Not a good idea installing new pads without cleaning the pistons first, and more so with them newer calipers with internal dust seals. Glad some Kiwis know about brake maintenance and piston cleanings.Got to be too much of that between me and FlyingKiwi...!We concur...!

I was just readjusting that rod yesterday,pedal was down a bit. May not be exactly to BMW specs now but....wiggle wiggle, who needs instructions but I have read the manual before.

But Eh....linked brakes we BMW riders are not supposed to use the rear pedal. Unless riding the shingles of course. Out the door better go find some of that now that I washed my bike.Coffee in Kaslo??? Lots of old dolls in Nakusp/New Denver yesterday, may be something going on in Kaslo???
Brakes all sorted now, just gotta get out and test/check them but new fluid and proper adjustment we should have no issues now x fingers.

The decks cleared of all the snow now bro?
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #1442
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgirl61 View Post
Bloody oath mate, dont be stealing our lingo and trying to pass it off kiwi style........
you must be half way healed by now?
Heya Clare .. yeah caught them before they got the lingo, we Kiwis have a rep to unhold ya know

Yeap just past week 4 yesterday, nutha week and hopeful to fling a leg over Maya.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #1443
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrockrat View Post
Ah we all knew it wasn't kiwish. At least 1/4 of the words were spelt correctly. That would never happen with a kiwi
Yeah not bad for an Austradian attempt ... but only a 1/4 yeah that would never happen with a Kiwi, nuthin less than a hundy % for Kiwis
Old 06-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1444
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek lone rider View Post
sounds like you're turning into a soft cock bro do you want me to send you some thing to help? maybe a so it makes you feel better....
... mate I just wanted an excuse to come back Antigua ... didn't think you would see through me that quick

Takes a long time to photoshop broken ribs
Old 06-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #1445
shrek lone rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
... mate I just wanted an excuse to come back Antigua ... didn't think you would see through me that quick

Takes a long time to photoshop broken ribs
good to see you mending well must be the red wine & with a bit of TLC... or you're just dragging your arse so you can stay away longer
will try another e-mail let you know what the haps have been & give that lady a hug for me
Old 06-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #1446
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek lone rider View Post
good to see you mending well must be the red wine & with a bit of TLC... or you're just dragging your arse so you can stay away longer
will try another e-mail let you know what the haps have been & give that lady a hug for me
Heya Shrek

Yeap on the mend, can't wait to be firing on all again

Not much drinkies mate ..on the meds, wonna give em fair chance to work properly ... once they are finished it will be game on!

Ping us an e and give us the gos ... bit of homeland is always welcome.

Had a 4.7 earthquake here last night ....adds to the fun.

Luv to you both

Cheers A
Old 06-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #1447
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,911
So I walk into the a bike shop to buy a helmet lock today. Got talking to the owner and we happened to mention these Kiwis we knew. Response "Oh Andi, yeah he stayed with for a month".

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #1448
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,387
Snow on deck ???Only snow these days is from the Cottonwoods.

Eh....met a Kiwi on the road. Well right at the junction where it turns to shingles, had to stop and investigate why the gravel was wet. A little taste and Calcium Chloride.

He was coming the other way and had heard of you guys. I don't think he spends too much time on here so wasn't up to the latest news. I think he will now. Talking food again.......I sent him for Poutine in Revelstoke. A little treat for him after all he had some of the right stickers on his bags....in Canadian French.

That's for the other Kiwis on the road to Alaska.....say Hi to Clint, heading to Inuvik and Alaska.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #1449
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
So I walk into the a bike shop to buy a helmet lock today. Got talking to the owner and we happened to mention these Kiwis we knew. Response "Oh Andi, yeah he stayed with for a month".
Arh that would be Barb (and Victor) from Alaska Leather, very very cool people and made the start of our trip a great experience.

They lent us their shed to do the bike work ... with a heated floor ... that more than we have in our house

But the month would be 10 days ...... close enough I spose , on the 10th day we were there we rode to Homer for a break from setting up having done everything fitting up and fitting out the bikes.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #1450
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Snow on deck ???Only snow these days is from the Cottonwoods.

Eh....met a Kiwi on the road. Well right at the junction where it turns to shingles, had to stop and investigate why the gravel was wet. A little taste and Calcium Chloride.

He was coming the other way and had heard of you guys. I don't think he spends too much time on here so wasn't up to the latest news. I think he will now. Talking food again.......I sent him for Poutine in Revelstoke. A little treat for him after all he had some of the right stickers on his bags....in Canadian French.

That's for the other Kiwis on the road to Alaska.....say Hi to Clint, heading to Inuvik and Alaska.
Thats good, seen various posts saying of late snow and lots of it.

Another Kiwi .. .gezz NZ will have ground to a halt with no-one to work there ... god to see more on this side of the globe.

Good on ya for pointing him in the right direction bro ... I know he will appreciate it
Old 06-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #1451
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,093
Me and Padmei are keeping things going over here. Was a bit dicey for a while though. He took the whanau to Raro for a few days. I had to do everything myself.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #1452
shrek lone rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Me and Padmei are keeping things going over here. Was a bit dicey for a while though. He took the whanau to Raro for a few days. I had to do everything myself.
well you got the north of the south covered I got the south covered that's until I sneak norf in the school hols for a week
Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #1453
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Another Kiwi .. .gezz NZ will have ground to a halt with no-one to work there ... god to see more on this side of the globe.
Don't think NZ could grind to a halt you guys are sure tough and mechanically crafty.

He is an AmericanoKiwi,18 years in New Jersey,could almost have told from the accent but the NZ sticker gave him away first.They speak funny in NJ too....that's fine by me, we all do.

But I sure told him which Ice Cream brand to look up when he goes back down there for a visit.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #1454
mistasam
ciao!

Oddometer: 10
Whaaa so random to see Gene and Neda there! Two ride reports crossing paths on the road! How cool is that
Old 06-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #1455
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
You are an honourable machine mate taking that one single handed, will contact mother England to get a nordiehood

Padders.... raro ... awesome mate hope ya had a great trip!!