User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #1
deej OP
Deej (Deric)

Oddometer: 516
Summer is here!!!

I know some of the folks back East are still getting hammered with old man winter, but we are having the weirdest weather I have seen in 40 years. The weather has been awesome here so I broke out the KLX and went for a 50 mile loop on some FS gravel roads. Anyway here are a few pics.

Then on the way back I was doing around 50 mph on the FS blacktop and a cop passed me going the other way, I watched in the mirror and it didn't look like he was going to turn around so I tried to put some distance between us, then on a really long 3/4 mile straight I saw lights in my mirror, not the red and blues but headlights, I knew he had turned around, so I pulled over took off the helmet, grabbed a granola bar and waited for him to show up. He pulled up pretty fast and walked back, asking for my license, registration and insurance, I informed him that Washington State doesn't require insurance on motorcycles (which I actually think is dumb) I handed everything to him, I also let him know that I just noticed my tabs were expired, and that I was carrying a pistol with my conceal permit with me, he asked if I had one in the chamber and I told him it was a revolver (another reason I like revolvers) then he told me that the reason he came back was that he had see some areas that were tore up by bikes and quads, I then let him know that I didn't do stuff like that, and that I had been riding dual sport bikes up this road since I was 14 and have never destroyed areas. He was actually a pretty decent guy, we talked for a bit, he asked me about the bike and then said to just get the tabs, which I had no idea till I got off the bike 30 minutes earlier that day that they were even expired. Too many toys and vehicles. 3 bikes, 3 cars, and a travel trailer, sheesh I can't afford this!

2005 ST 1300--2006 250S--2006 XT 225
deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:52 PM   #2
on2wheels52
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,451
Hat's off for your minimalist approach dj.
How many days/weeks will you be riding?
Jim
on2wheels52 is online now   Reply With Quote