Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
ipetter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
3-day ride in Norway

Hi,

Thought I'd share our motorcycle club's ride with you guys and girls. We're an open-for-all club based in the eastern part of Norway, an hours drive south of Oslo.

Last weekend some of us took a 3-day trip over the mountains to the west coast on some awesome roads, nailing 5 mountain passes in all.

Pictures says a thousand words, so I'll let 17,5 minutes of video do the talking...

https://vimeo.com/104249403

For those interested in the route taken you can see it here: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...a534bcc2a07491

Hope you enjoy it :-)
ipetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Mortis (the Brit)
Seeker of the truth

Oddometer: 92
Excellent! Loved it. I hope to visit Norway on the bike in 2016. I'm starting to save up for it now
Mortis (the Brit) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:15 AM   #3
ipetter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis (the Brit) View Post
Excellent! Loved it. I hope to visit Norway on the bike in 2016. I'm starting to save up for it now

You'll have a great time in Norway. To make it less expensive, stay in cabins (hytte) or hostels. Especially the cabins are a lot cheaper than hotels. Buy your food at supermarkets and prepare it yourself, a "hytte" usually comes with all the pots and pans you need. As well as a small cooking top. Or to really go on the cheap, bring a tent!

Any alcohol you take with you or buy on the boat from Denmark. Now you only have our insanely expensive petrol to complain about. Current prices are around 1,5 - 1,6 per liter :-P
ipetter is offline   Reply With Quote