User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
wrigmanG/S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
New "Sport" Screen for R1200 G/S from Aeroflow

I have seen that many of you with G/S's ride with a screen/"half faring" from Aeroflow. You know that with the screen/Aeroguard combo, you can be on a bike that is more RT than an RT. And when the pavement ends, well your "RT" can go off road as well. Hey, It's why we ride a G/S isn't it? BUT in the SUMMER/HOT WEATHER being behind a screen that works SOOOOOOOO well can be a little bit........stifling to say the least! having NO air hitting you is not the best of things. Anyone that split's lanes on any of the L.A. freeway's can attest to this!
Well afterHOUNDING Paige at Aeroflow about this for the last two years, he finaly relented(He can be a tough nut to crack sometimes).
What he did was come up with a new body, or bottom half of his screen, while keeping the top half. The result.......A screen that lets smooth cooling air hit you in your chest and legs, while still getting the airflow over your head and letting you still ride with your face shield open when the traffic starts to move. AND the BEST part................If you buy a hole new set up, the whole package will be over $100.00 less than his full faring set up.
OH I alomst forgot to mention, that if you go and buy the "winglets" that come stock on an Adventure(or if you have an Adventure) You can still have a comfortable "still pocket of air" to sit in when the weather cools off!
I think this new setup LOOKS great as well.(yes, Paige KNOWS what some of you say about how his screens LOOK) Anyone that has ridden BEHIND a properly setup Aeroflow screen knows how well they WORK! But now there is a lower cost option! Contact Aeroflow screens for pricing and availablity, Here are a few pic's of the new screen................Be sure to keep scrolling for more pic's, including the smoke body pic's!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]http://[/IMG]
[IMG]http://[/IMG]

wrigmanG/S screwed with this post 10-24-2010 at 11:35 AM
wrigmanG/S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
wrigmanG/S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm not!

Sorry, I'm not a vendor, and don't work for Aeroflow. Just an impressed rider.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
jabandsnort
a mighty fly dancer

Oddometer: 192
Hmmm. I've settled into my Givi, but it's not perfect. Couldn't ever get my mind around owning an original aeroflow, but this one looks pretty good.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,284
So, only $400 instead of $500. Hope to read some riders reports on the sport version.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
wrigmanG/S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Bias??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken
Your post reads like an advertisement. Your bias shows.
Well then, I guess that my other posts must read the same. I've posted in most of the Motoport threads pretty much in the same way.
I have tried other screen's on many other BMW bikes I have owned, and Aeroflow screen's work best for me, so I DO have a bias towards them, Because they work.

wrigmanG/S screwed with this post 10-02-2010 at 04:45 PM
Old 10-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
wrigmanG/S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Function over form

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabandsnort
Hmmm. I've settled into my Givi, but it's not perfect. Couldn't ever get my mind around owning an original aeroflow, but this one looks pretty good.
I DO know what you are saying. I've always been a function over form kind of person. Aeroflow screens have always had a funky/cool look to me, BUT I have had one on my K1200rs that worked aand I now have one on my G/S that works. That's all I care about. This new screen DOES look better though.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
I'm looking for a good screen right now for my 09' GSA,this sounds interesting. Have you used the Cee-Bailey on your GS as well as the Aeroflow? I've narrowed it down to those two.
I can't tell from the pics-is there a scooped area above the aeroflow sticker that allows the air to come through? Can you describe how "hard" the air comes through at your chest area? How is the noise ? I've added the Touratec little additional screen on top of my stock screen & it has certainly improved the sound and buffetting,but I'm too hot behind it in the summer. My main reason for wanting a better screen is to help eleviate the helmet issue which causes me neck pain! Any more details with your aeroflow would be appreciated. Thanks for the nice pics as well.
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
wrigmanG/S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

What's it like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftystrat62
I'm looking for a good screen right now for my 09' GSA,this sounds interesting. Have you used the Cee-Bailey on your GS as well as the Aeroflow? I've narrowed it down to those two.
I can't tell from the pics-is there a scooped area above the aeroflow sticker that allows the air to come through? Can you describe how "hard" the air comes through at your chest area? How is the noise ? I've added the Touratec little additional screen on top of my stock screen & it has certainly improved the sound and buffetting,but I'm too hot behind it in the summer. My main reason for wanting a better screen is to help eleviate the helmet issue which causes me neck pain! Any more details with your aeroflow would be appreciated. Thanks for the nice pics as well.
I have never OWNED an Cee-Baily screen, but I have ridden behind one on a friends bike and found that for me it didn't work very well. Maybe it was the wrong size I don't know, but I had to look through the plastic and it just didn't work. There was a lot of air buffeting from the sides and top.
There is a scoop on the bottom just above the logo. It is to let air attach itself to the back of the screen, and push the air up higher that flows over the front side.Don't ask me how, but it works. This is what lets me leave the facesheild open on my helmet while lookin OVER, not through the screen.
There IS more wind noise with this lower body. But that is the price of warm weather comfort. Like I said, if you want less air and noise, get the Adventure G/S "fender winglets" that come stock on that bike. They will cut back on noise and wind hitting you for when things cool down. As far as how hard the wind hits you, it's not hard hitting because it gets slowed down by the extensions that come down past the headlight.
The result is smooth air, not buffeting air.
Hope this helps. If not, feel free to PM me questions on how the screen works. I can't answer questions about price or availablity, because I don't work for Aeroflow. I will say, that I did help by test riding these lower bodies and helped paige come up with the idea of a smaller lower body for those of us that like to be in the wind a little more. However the most I was PAID to help was a meatball sammich!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
wrigmanG/S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik
So, only $400 instead of $500. Hope to read some riders reports on the sport version.
I would guess in the upper $300.00 to lower $400.00 range depending on the upper screen height.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigmanG/S
Well then, I guess that my other posts must read the same. I've posted in most of the Motoport threads pretty much in the same way.
I have tried other screen's on many other BMW bikes I have owned, and Aeroflow screen's work best for me, so I DO have a bias towards them, Because they work.

BTW- your inner mumble mumble is showing..........
You can change your wording or I will.

The choice is yours. This is a limited time offer. tick tock

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590

johnjen screwed with this post 10-02-2010 at 06:39 PM
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,680
Quote:
Vendors
Quote:
Your post reads like an advertisement. Your bias shows.
If you think the OP is a Vendor, Report This and let us deal with it, instead of antagonizing him.

Of course there's a bias in a product review, if you've bought it, you are obviously biased towards it, and we like product reviews here... it's how we find new ways to blow money.

To the OP, thanks for an informative review. Please keep it civil and use the Edit button to fix your post.

I've avoided Aeroflow screens because I wasn't all that keen on the looks.. after trying 2 or 3 other screens with mixed results, I finally installed an Aeroflow on my ride and have been very pleased with the buffeting free ride. Paige certainly knows what he's doing. I can ride at 75 mph with the helmet visor open and the wind is directed above my helmet.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
If you think the OP is a Vendor, Report This and let us deal with it, instead of antagonizing him.

Of course there's a bias in a product review, if you've bought it, you are obviously biased towards it, and we like product reviews here... it's how we find new ways to blow money.

To the OP, thanks for an informative review. Please keep it civil and use the Edit button to fix your post.

I've avoided Aeroflow screens because I wasn't all that keen on the looks.. after trying 2 or 3 other screens with mixed results, I finally installed an Aeroflow on my ride and have been very pleased with the buffeting free ride. Paige certainly knows what he's doing. I can ride at 75 mph with the helmet visor open and the wind is directed above my helmet.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #13
wrigmanG/S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen
You can change your wording or I will.

The choice is yours. This is a limited time offer. tick tock

JJ
Fixed, although I HAVE seen wrose on this forum.
Just thought the guy was trying to insist on my being a part of the Aeroflow company. Although I HAVE done some testing for Paige, I am not in his employ. I maybe could have found a better way to let the guy know that I won't be pushed around though.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
wrigmanG/S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy

I thought the same thing. When I had my 89 K100rsa, I didn't use the Aeroflow product. I didn't like the way it looked or the way it was attatched. I went with a Laminar Lip instead. When I started to ride my 98 K1200rs the lip din't work as well as I would have liked, so, even though I didn't like the looks of the Aeroflow, it gave me what I wanted. After riding behind the screen, it's beauty became aparent.
I have a full faring for my R1200 G/S as well as this new "Sport" screen. I have tested for Paige on both of the screens and gave my input on both. I think the new lower body is what I was looking for, a little more air on me in warm weather. I was switching between a Z-tenic for warm weather and the Aeroflow for cooler weather. I now feel as if I won't have to do that. It's Aeroflow 365 now.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,284
This is good news, as the older I get the less I like getting beat up on the highway behind the stock screen on my 09 GSA, and I couldn't bring myself to get into the Popemobile full version. I'll be waiting to hear some more reports, or to buy someones used one if they don't keep it

I for one welcome these posts and appreciate the data from the OP and look forward to hearing more.