User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
sonoran OP
bruh

Oddometer: 21,833
Bluetooth goodies

I like to ride with tunes on and normally use my iPhone as the source for music. One issue has been the lack of control- volume, mute, skipping forward or back on the playlist while mobile. I tried some of the earlier iPod remotes like the Scoche with mixed results.

But now I think I've found a couple of nice solutions:

1. Jabra Clipper:

This compact unit is a bluetooth receiver that you clip onto your jacket and it provides control functions while your iPhone stays tucked away in your pocket or tankbag. It's reasonably weatherproof and while small it provides enough tactile reference so that you can operate it with gloved hands without looking with just a bit of practice.

At first I was concerned about sound quality but it's actually very good, assuming you toss the POS headphones it comes with and use a decent set of earbuds.

Another benefit is that it's rechargeable via a micro USB cable to keeping it topped off on a bike is simple

Product link: http://www.jabra.com/products/blueto.../jabra_clipper

2. Satechi Multimedia Bluetooth Remote:

I've tried the old Monster and Scoche remote and found that they generally sucked, plus you had to use their dongle with invariably fell out of the iPhone.

This Satechi unit provides full control of your iPhone and is big enough that you can press the buttons even with gloved fingers. It's not weatherproof but my solution is to keep in the map pocket of my tankbag. It's small and light enough that it could be velcro'd to the dash or any reasonably flat surface. One downside is that it runs on batteries and has an on/off switch so you need to remember to turn it off or you'll run it down. Battery life is around 60 hours of use.

Product link: http://www.satechi.net/index.php/sat...remote-control

I have affiliation with either company, just wanted to share my findings.
sonoran is offline   Reply With Quote