ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
rockitdoc OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rockitdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ft Collins, CO
Oddometer: 344
Question Auxillary fuel no fill?

Installed the 2.2 gal Neduro in place of my left pipe on my 990A. All connected, foolproof gravity feed, but it doesn't. Even opened the petcock! Any clues appreciated.
__________________
'00 DR650SE
'60 BSA Gold Star Clubman (in process)
'76 BMW R90S
'85 Laverda RGS1000SFC (also in process)
rockitdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 3,225
Checkvalve installed backwards.

BTW- the Aux tank cannot provide fuel until the main tanks get below the level in the aux tank. The highest level provides the fuel.
Important to remember to fill the aux tank last due to that operation.
__________________
Tom
2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC,
To Think is to Create!
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
xdbx
Motorcycle Connoisseur
 
xdbx's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit
Oddometer: 2,493
make sure the line isnt kinked, or clogged, and check to make sure your vent is working.

Does the aux tank flow fuel when removing the filler cap?
__________________
Daniel
2005 KTM 950 Adventure S
2004 KTM 250 exc
2004 KTM 525 exc
2006 Beta Rev3
xdbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
rockitdoc OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rockitdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ft Collins, CO
Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Checkvalve installed backwards.

BTW- the Aux tank cannot provide fuel until the main tanks get below the level in the aux tank. The highest level provides the fuel.
Important to remember to fill the aux tank last due to that operation.
I started troubleshooting it on the road, and fuel doesn't get through the check valve. I'll turn it round tomorrow after some sleep. 2700 miles R/T Ft Collins to Phoenix on two-lanes. Trip report coming. zzzzzzzzzzz
__________________
'00 DR650SE
'60 BSA Gold Star Clubman (in process)
'76 BMW R90S
'85 Laverda RGS1000SFC (also in process)
rockitdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitdoc View Post
I started troubleshooting it on the road, and fuel doesn't get through the check valve. I'll turn it round tomorrow after some sleep. 2700 miles R/T Ft Collins to Phoenix on two-lanes. Trip report coming. zzzzzzzzzzz
There should be a direction arrow on the valve.
__________________
Tom
2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC,
To Think is to Create!
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
rockitdoc OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rockitdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ft Collins, CO
Oddometer: 344
No Direction Arrow...I don't think

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
There should be a direction arrow on the valve.
I turned the valve around and PRESTO! it works. Shoulda done this little excersize before my ride to AZ (see trip report)



Closeup shows which end is which. This is correct.


No arrow that I could find.
__________________
'00 DR650SE
'60 BSA Gold Star Clubman (in process)
'76 BMW R90S
'85 Laverda RGS1000SFC (also in process)
rockitdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
sonoran
subsonic
 
sonoran's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Valle del Sol
Oddometer: 21,522
That quick disconnect is not a check valve.

You should have something similar to this inline to prevent fuel from flowing back into the Neduro tank.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
You can't go to other parts of your city because you are a giant vagina in a Men's Warehouse suit.

the sun does not have no prisoners
sonoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
rockitdoc OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rockitdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ft Collins, CO
Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoran View Post
That quick disconnect is not a check valve.

You should have something similar to this inline to prevent fuel from flowing back into the Neduro tank.

Yeah, that is located up near the T with the original fuel line. But, the quick disconnect is directional. Flows one way, but not the other. Trust me. I just switched directions and now it flows.
__________________
'00 DR650SE
'60 BSA Gold Star Clubman (in process)
'76 BMW R90S
'85 Laverda RGS1000SFC (also in process)
rockitdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!
 
bikyto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Cali
Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitdoc View Post
Yeah, that is located up near the T with the original fuel line. But, the quick disconnect is directional. Flows one way, but not the other. Trust me. I just switched directions and now it flows.
No they're not. The quick disconnect flow both ways when they are connected. It only stops the flow when they are diconnected on one side for single shut off and on both for dual shut off setup.

I would check your quick disconnect and see if the mecanism inside releases properly.
__________________
The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself...
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
rockitdoc OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rockitdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ft Collins, CO
Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto View Post
No they're not. The quick disconnect flow both ways when they are connected. It only stops the flow when they are diconnected on one side for single shut off and on both for dual shut off setup.

I would check your quick disconnect and see if the mecanism inside releases properly.
Understand, all I know is it flows now, but didn't reversed.
__________________
'00 DR650SE
'60 BSA Gold Star Clubman (in process)
'76 BMW R90S
'85 Laverda RGS1000SFC (also in process)
rockitdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!
 
bikyto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Cali
Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitdoc View Post
Understand, all I know is it flows now, but didn't reversed.
__________________
The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself...
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014