Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #151
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmanriding View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. You cannot provide the figures because they don't exist. First you say 1000 per week then 600 per week. You are just making it up as you go along. Sad Sad Stuff.

What part of "approximate" and "around" is it that you do not grasp ?

Google ... use it

Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #152
oppozit
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Scroll to the top of this page .

Saw your comments for a brief second before they were deleted. Censorship is so usual when it comes to Ural posts. The red cordial people just can't deal with the truth.
oppozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #153
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppozit View Post
Saw your comments for a brief second before they were deleted. Censorship is so usual when it comes to Ural posts. The red cordial people just can't deal with the truth.
I zapped it .
Figured the thread would head off on a tangent that would have no benefit .

My sides are hurting from laughing so much

Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #154
Oldmanriding
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
I zapped it .

Might as well zap them all because your delusions and that's what they are, are of no value.
Oldmanriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #155
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppozit View Post
I'm dealing with his comments about Russian products and Russians analytically - I intend to prove him wrong without a comeback. However your claims are ludicrous! Almost all certification is homogenised - if i meets US certification it meets EEC and ECE. Better find another excuse to justify IMWA raping the world's Ural markets.
Well I must respectfully disagree with you, I just don't understand how you can say production numbers don't significantly affect per unit cost in todays world market regardless of where final assembly happens to be..
Old 05-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #156
RAMKILR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokad View Post
... Read the hack forums on advrider and you will find quite a few experienced and quality places that can put together a street or dual sport rig for you. For as little as $12,000, with a brand new bike.
Okay - I would like to see some evidence of a brand new bike with a sidecar setup, for $12K. A link to a website selling such a machine would be nice.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #157
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

Oddometer: 393
Brit asking a question here. Can you buy a new Ural in all of your states? I understand there is one that you cant. So, if Ural's are so good why are they not available bale country wide?

I must say though that pound for pound, or dollar to dollar, Urals are amongst the worst value for money that you can ever buy and have always been that way.

Let's break free from the 'Ural mystique' and look at it as a mode of transport, in this case it fails woefully. Lets compare it to bikes/cars of similar price (Not value as Urals are overvalued and over priced), you can get much more reliable transport for the same amount of dollar or less and it is the owner that imbibes their vehicle with 'character' and 'soul' not shoddy manufacturing and ancient design.

The only part of a Ural I would buy for good money is the sidecar body.

Would I have a Ural? yes,caveat, if it was free or cheap just for the mechanical challenge.
Billtr96sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #158
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
Might as well zap them all because your delusions and that's what they are, are of no value.

So they hold no value for you ... big deal .

How did you go with the google search ?

Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #159
Oldmanriding
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Loosen your hat Fozzie, it's cutting off the O2 to what is left of your pea brain.
Oldmanriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #160
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
Loosen your hat Fozzie, it's cutting off the O2 to what is left of your pea brain.

Ad hominem ... That all you got ?
You do realize that is not me don't you ?

Twelve whole posts and you had to resort to that level already and deflecting the question . So did you do a google search or not ? .

My advice , stay out of Jo momma buddy .

Old 05-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #161
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
Your own own words to me were "The Ural is just not geared low enough for hard off road use"

Yep, the Patrol will be sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
I know you have had some problems and you have made some valid points that many of us Uralistas have been complaining about for years. That said some of your other observations miss the mark completely. Its clear that the Ural is not a machine your comfortable with so sell it to someone who can appreciate it for what it is.
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #162
bokad OP
Difficult Child

It amazes me too!
I made a mistake in buying a Ural. Responsibility taken. What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
It just amazes me that you have the ability to aquire the means to do what you have done, yet be so lacking in judgment in how to use it, or the character to take responsibility to your mistakes.

Mine for buying. Ural plays a hand in misrepresenting it. And if I want to inform other people that a Ural may not be right for them, why does that bother you?
Quote:
Ural builds Urals for folks who want Urals, if a Ural isn't right for you that's ok, but really who's fault is that?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #163
oppozit
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Well I must respectfully disagree with you, I just don't understand how you can say production numbers don't significantly affect per unit cost in todays world market regardless of where final assembly happens to be..
Disagree all you like. Jay and Claude and their workers earn a damn lot more than anyone at IMZ in Irbit and yet they can turn out outfits with a cheap tug, cheaper than IMWA sells an outfit in the US, cheaper than in Europe and a hell of a lot cheaper than here in OZ. And those outfits are better for most purposes than a Ural. I love Urals and Dneprs and even accept the various Changs, but I know Urals are well overpriced for what they are, and aren't what they are too frequently advertised as.

I disagree with about 1/3rd of what Bokad wrote, but wholeheartedly agree with the other 2/3rds.

From what I've seen, read and heard of in Australia, the actual rate of "catastrophic failures" (where bikes must be towed away because repairs are not immediately possible) is about 10%. (About 18 of 180 bikes in four years.) Not a good number. From what I've seen in European and US forums the rate is probably the same elsewhere.

What saves URAL/IMWA is most bikes are toys and not ridden. Yes I know a few have high miles, but really - 32,000 km in eight years proves anything? I get that sort of mileage just going to and from the shop for fresh fruit and veges. I could use the scooter or the solo but the chair is so handy for the unexpected purchase.
oppozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #164
bokad OP
Difficult Child

You are misleading. You have compared an extremely high end custom rig to the barest bones cheapest Ural available.

Quote:
Look at what it costs to have DMC, or CSM do a custom rig, A lot of folks end up $30 K - $40 K into their rigs. Is that over priced compared to a Ural T's $10 K price tag? Certainly not, those custom rigs are carefully hand built in very small volumes, they dont do it as a public service or charity, they charge what they need it to provide the product and turn a profit the same as Ural.
Price, fair value, and value to an individual are very different things.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #165
bokad OP
Difficult Child

I said Russia by and large produces low quality goods and has big quality control problems. I said nothing about Russian people.

If you disagree about the quality control, please explain.

Quote:
I'm shocked you are letting his extremely disparaging comments about Russia and the Russian people slide without comment, I'm of German/Italian decent and I found them offensive.