Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #1741
Darkblood
n00b

Oddometer: 4

Just when you think and hope a post has died there is always someone who just can't hold back from poking the hornets nest.
Just my 2 cents. Both sides are guilty of throwing vitriol into the mix at SS and just as that is the case neither side can see that they did it.
Everyone has their opinions and ideals and I will fight to the death to defend their right to do so. That being said I likely will not agree with 50% of the posts in SS and no amount of name calling and comparing to the Third Reich will change that FROM EITHER SIDE.
People need to take a breath and realize that just because someone thinks differently then them it's not a frigging personal attack. Grow a spine and realize that people will disagree with you. It doesn't mean they are bad or are out to get you it simply means they have a different viewpoint, garnered from their beliefs and personal history.
Everyone learns from their own experiences and as such will come to conclusions based on what they perceive. No 2 people will every 100% of the time be in total agreement as no 2 people will every have exactly the same experiences in life from which to draw information from.
Am I on both ADV and SS. Yup. Do I spend more time on SS. Yup it's a site dedicated to the bike I currently ride and there is valuable information contained in the multitude of members who have BTDT or already fixed the problem I'm experiencing. Do I venture here and look at posts. Yes as there is valuable information on this site as well. The difference is on ADV I don't feel like I'm going to my friends house for a beer after work I feel like I'm going into a huge corporation where I am a number rather than a name. At SS I've contacted members by phone, mail, in person etc. I feel like I know them. It feels like family. And since it feels like family I know that there will be some I tend to avoid just like "Uncle Joe" at the wedding. Roll with the punches but understand never will everyone agree with you. The sooner you realize that the happier you will be in the long run. It's not the destination but the travels along the way that are important, right? Isn't that why we all ride and pick bugs out of our teeth?
Darkblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #1742
MartyL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Prmurat, thanks for the advertising... Soviet Steeds always welcomes new members and you bringing us up might encourage just that when folk who need helpful assistance in repairing their Russian rig, finding out about Russian rig gatherings, sharing ride adventures, meeting nice folk from all over the globe, looking to buy or sell Russian rig related merchandise, learning about cool modifications, and just plain helping people with their passion for motocycles. Thanks a million!!!

MartyL screwed with this post 04-19-2013 at 06:43 AM
MartyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #1743
BigBeemerBob
Just call me "Beemer Bob"

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyL View Post
Prmurat, thanks for the advertising... Soviet Steeds always welcomes new members and you bringing us up might encourage just that when folk who need helpful assistance in repairing their Russian rig, finding out about Russian rig gatherings, sharing ride adventures, meeting nice folk from all over the globe, looking to buy or sell Russian rig related merchandise, learning a out cool modifications, and just plain helping people with their passion for motocycles. Thanks a million!!!
+1

I wonder if we should nominate Prmurat as a SS ambassador of good will?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #1744
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
Bokad Bokad Bokad

Wonder if he's still out there, riding around the world on the rig he hates?

He's for sure having a more joyus life than Prmurat That dude is angry!

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #1745
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prmurat View Post
Funny how you took the liberty to edit my posts to suit your rhetoric ... If a group is not able to ban the "few" (your words!!!!) spreading hate and all the ism previously previously mentioned, could you explain why this group should not be denounced as a whole? Try to be intelligent and not mention the short closing of The Soap Box ...
You've apparently not seen this...
Church, State & Money
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #1746
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Funny how you took the liberty to edit my posts to suit your rhetoric ... If a group is not able to ban the "few" (your words!!!!) spreading hate and all the ism previously previously mentioned, could you explain why this group should not be denounced as a whole? Try to be intelligent and not mention the short closing of The Soap Box ...
Are you really that obtuse?

I said that I agree with you that there are some vitriolic right wingers. Unfortunatly you have obviously chosen to ignore that, and that there are also vitriolic left wingers, who both choose, like you, to condemn everyone who doesn't think exactly like you.
Freedom of speech* goes both ways, banning only one side is censorship.The soapbox was temporary suspended because both sides went too far.

No matter how many excuses and justifications you make, it doesn't change the fact that you are guilty of unjustly stereotyping an entire group of people on this forum.

You seem to think this is some sort of philosophical debate, it is not, you are spreading hate and intolerance here, you are simply being called on it.

*Freedom of speech doesn't include slander.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #1747
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Still sorry: racism etc are not negotiable... Go ahead and do more personal attack! Me? I am going riding in the beautiful "Liberal Republik of Kalifornia"!
Prmurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #1748
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,680
Quote:
Still sorry: racism etc are not negotiable... Go ahead and do more personal attack! Me? I am going riding in the beautiful "Liberal Republik of Kalifornia"!
So, let me get this straight. It is not OK for someone to judge a race by the actions of a few, but is OK for you to judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few? I fail to see how you aren't a hypocrite.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #1749
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
So, let me get this straight. It is not OK for someone to judge a race by the actions of a few, but is OK for you to judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few? I fail to see how you aren't a hypocrite.
He's so far out in left field that he's alone in another ball park, and the only game being played is the one in his head.

It seems that in his opinion, partisipating on S.S. makes you guilty by association even if you dont hold the oppinions he claims to abhor. I wounder why he doesn't apply the same standards here?

The fact that he hasn't acknowledged his unjust slander of those of us who are innocent speaks volumes.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #1750
Oldmanriding
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
You know Racism is a 2 way street. Seems to me the one screaming it loudest is the biggest racist here. Why don't you go back to what ever 3rd world rock you crawled out from under and save it from mankind.

Say have you donated all those bikes you own to the less fortunate like you said you were going to on SS. Probably not considering your just a I'm PRMURAT and you the only person in the world who counts. It amazes me even San Francisco can out up with your crap. Maybe if you got a good douche you'd feel brighter.
Oldmanriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #1751
gspell68
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoe View Post
My neighbor, a farmer down the road from me bought a used Ural bike and let me tell you....it was funny as hell! He was super excited the first time he rode it.......he left for his first ride and never came back.....3 hours later he shows up all tired asking me for a ride. He walked 2 or 3 miles (we live in the outskirts where nobody lives and no cars had passed him). The engine went out on the first short ride of more than several miles.....main bearing. He fixed it and about 3 months later he was riding and the wheel bearing failed in the rear wheel hub.

And he made fun of me buying a Jap bike. Look whose laughing now. I had a Jawa bike (british) and it was MUCH MUCH better than the Ural bikes could ever hope to be. Jawa required some maintenance, but they were solid runners and much more reliable than Urals. Still they were not considered highly reliable, but I LAUGH at anyone that thinks Urals are good bikes and can honestly say it with a straight face..... In the words of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.... "here's your sign".
I think Jawas are made in Czech or maybe Poland...
gspell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #1752
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspell68 View Post
Or imported from Tatooine. I hear there is a larger displacement version in the works called a Jabba.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #1753
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspell68 View Post
Grasshoppers Troll-Fu is weak.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #1754
DavePave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
This thread

When I earlier stated that I enjoyed the controversy and heated discussion on this thread, I didn't mean weak and pointless accusations of racism and hatred. I was referring to motorcycle related stuff.....

"Troll-Fu" - I had to look that up on the internet. I learned a new word today.

Freedom of speech is great! I also have the freedom to listen or not to listen. If some of you don't like what's on the internet then go to another site. I assume that's also why the inventers of television and radio gave us a choice of channels.

Then again, some people do like to yell at the rain, it's how they vent what they don't understand about themselves.

Can we get back to Urals now?????
DavePave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #1755
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePave View Post
Can we get back to trashing Urals now?????
fixed it.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote