User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #1291
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Why can't we all just get along?

Emotions are far too intense here this last while so let me break the tension with a good joke:

Sign Posted on Local Utility Poles

LOST DOG:

20 years old, cross between a Yorkie and St. Bernard, only 3 legs after being hit by a car, one ear bitten off in a fight with a Pit Bull, only one eye left after a fight with a cat, hip displaysia, the mange and arthritis, also covered in boils. He is neutered.

Answers to the name Lucky.

Reward if found.

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.

Montague screwed with this post 07-13-2012 at 09:01 AM
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #1292
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Oddometer: 713
Estamos copados
Confusion to our enemies.Zaphod for president!!
matman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #1293
MotoJ
Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague View Post
Clearly you have never seen some the flame wars on IBMWR..........................

When I was learning to do regular maintenance on my Ural, I had regular advice and personal support from fellow forum members (CURD) in my area.

The OP and his henchmen started by bashing the brand and its owners. We have all had bad experiences with machines, but please show me the thread in many years on forums where I posted "You Should Not Buy a BMW K100RS" or anything like it.

Fair use for him to post about his issues and there was help offered, but he and his cohorts went off on rants about deluded Ural owners.

If it had been contained to the statement "I will never buy a Ural again", that would be reasonable, but to attack everyone else who either currently owns or might want to own a Ural is over the top.

Sorry bud, but that is a personal attack and totally unwarranted.

The Cabal has met in judgement of you and decided you are a hypocrite.
How's that? How am I a hypocrite? I never said anything against owning or wanting to own a Ural. I do myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIP6EwqMEoE

MotoJ screwed with this post 07-13-2012 at 08:49 AM
MotoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #1294
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Oddometer: 713
Yoda says....
MMMM... For a long time, nowhere has this thread gone........
Estamos copados
Confusion to our enemies.Zaphod for president!!
matman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #1295
Montague
UDF Adventurer

The Force is strong in this one..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by matman1972 View Post
Yoda says....
MMMM... For a long time, nowhere has this thread gone........

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #1296
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Withdrawn with apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJ View Post
How's that? How am I a hypocrite? I never said anything against owning or wanting to own a Ural. I do myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIP6EwqMEoE

Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #1297
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Armor View Post
Ha ha, he said he'd burn it. I don't think there was mention of making a claim on it. If I remember correctly, Mr. Cob has a history with incendiaries... maybe just a touch of pyromania?

~ha
Howdy Heavy Armor,

Again some folks are making "assumptions", they "can't handle the truth" so they make up shite about filing false insurance claims. And YES I do, "love the smell of napalm in the morning"

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #1298
hogmaine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague View Post
Emotions are far too intense here this last while so let me break the tension with a good joke:

Sign Posted on Local Utility Poles

LOST DOG:

20 years old, cross between a Yorkie and St. Bernard, only 3 legs after being hit by a car, one ear bitten off in a fight with a Pit Bull, only one eye left after a fight with a cat, hip displaysia, the mange and arthritis, also covered in boils. He is neutered.

Answers to the name Lucky.

Reward if found.

I thought you were describing your Ural
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #1299
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

Oddometer: 393
I thought he was going to tell a good joke. Oh well.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #1300
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,661
Quote:
Get what? I think you missed my point.
If I was the OP I wouldn't accept any help from any of the posters who ran me down with such venom. It seems disingenuous, to say the least. Riders should help other riders regardless of marque. You don't get any kudos from me for calling another guy a pussy, asshole, etc., and then saying you'd help him if he was down. He's been down, and some people here just piled on him. Gleefully, I might add.

Anyway, I'm a member of a Forum for each of my bikes and I can assure you members of all are just as helpful and chummy as the Ural folks, as are members of just about any group of folks with similar interests. It could be a quilting circle! The Ural "cabal" isn't exceptional on that account.

What I've not seen on any of the other Forums is the hateful language directed against a guy who isn't as brainwashed as some of the "cabal" seem to be.

Granted, Bokad used some provocative language, but he kept his cool a lot more than some here, as another member pointed out.His posts didn't equal the responses he got.

I think he's just like a kid poking a hornet's nest for fun, at this point. You all fell for it. He's laughing his ass off in some internet cafe on the other side of the world right now!

Should I dim the lights for you guys now so you can have your group hug?

Jesus fucking Christ you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? I forgive you because I am from Baltimore originally and I know the the reading level of the Baltimore Sun is about 3rd grade. When I said, "You don't get it do you?", it was in response to your statement against Cob. You said he shouldn't take it so personally. I am going to go out on a limb and say you are new to the sidecar world. Why don't you go look up on SS and here Cob's RR and other threads. While the Ural isn't his sole identity, I would go out on a limb and say Ural has played a major role in his life over the past 5 years. He has tested their bikes, designed aftermarket parts, and has worked with the company. He has done more for Ural then any other poster on this forum for Ural. If you don't know why he would take it personally or have an invested interest, then you should lurk more and post a fuck load less.

The majority jumped at the opportunity to help Bokad. Instead he refused any advice. He refuses to take any responsibility for any issue. He has made up his mind and refuses to listen to advice from those that have driven these whacky sidecars to the ends of the earth and back. The real douche bags in this thread are the anti Ural crowd trolls who only show there face in negative Ural threads. Those trolls put flame bait in this thread and it took off. At this point it seems quite obvious this thread is just serving the purpose of letting the anti Ural crowd cause chaos.

You would be hard pressed to find any Ural owner who would claim the Ural is perfect. The bikes do have imperfections. The biggest problem Urals have is lack of care by owners. A fair amount of the Ural "problems" are caused by owners not a lack of quality control.

I said Bokad had sand in his vagina. I stand behind my statement. He doesn't want help. He has made his mind up and will not take advice from others. He has misrepresented Urals and potential owners who come across this thread will now receive inaccurate information.

Once again, you don't get it.
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #1301
MotoJ
Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
Jesus fucking Christ you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? I forgive you because I am from Baltimore originally and I know the the reading level of the Baltimore Sun is about 3rd grade. When I said, "You don't get it do you?", it was in response to your statement against Cob. You said he shouldn't take it so personally. I am going to go out on a limb and say you are new to the sidecar world. Why don't you go look up on SS and here Cob's RR and other threads. While the Ural isn't his sole identity, I would go out on a limb and say Ural has played a major role in his life over the past 5 years. He has tested their bikes, designed aftermarket parts, and has worked with the company. He has done more for Ural then any other poster on this forum for Ural. If you don't know why he would take it personally or have an invested interest, then you should lurk more and post a fuck load less.

The majority jumped at the opportunity to help Bokad. Instead he refused any advice. He refuses to take any responsibility for any issue. He has made up his mind and refuses to listen to advice from those that have driven these whacky sidecars to the ends of the earth and back. The real douche bags in this thread are the anti Ural crowd trolls who only show there face in negative Ural threads. Those trolls put flame bait in this thread and it took off. At this point it seems quite obvious this thread is just serving the purpose of letting the anti Ural crowd cause chaos.

You would be hard pressed to find any Ural owner who would claim the Ural is perfect. The bikes do have imperfections. The biggest problem Urals have is lack of care by owners. A fair amount of the Ural "problems" are caused by owners not a lack of quality control.

I said Bokad had sand in his vagina. I stand behind my statement. He doesn't want help. He has made his mind up and will not take advice from others. He has misrepresented Urals and potential owners who come across this thread will now receive inaccurate information.

Once again, you don't get it.
What I get is you're a sycophantic young hipster with poor reading comprehension. And, since you have only four years on the road, AND you can't even bother to fix your brakes for six months, I'm going to suggest that YOU lurk more and post a whole lot less.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #1302
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Quote:
What I get is you're a sycophantic young hipster with poor reading comprehension. And, since you have only four years on the road, AND you can't even bother to fix your brakes for six months, I'm going to suggest that YOU lurk more and post a whole lot less.
Hey. Hey. Hey..... Now, I may be a lot of things, but I am no hipster. Once again you should lurk more and post less. If you go back a page or two, you will see why I couldn't fix my front brakes. That whole reading thing is complex . Oh and since you clearly don't know what "sycophantic" means allow me to help you out. A sycophant would be someone who is trying to win favor of important people through flattery. I assure you, I could give two fucks about impressing anyone. The majority of people on here that know me can assure you on that as well. I have nothing to gain from trying to impress Cob. I just give credit where credit is owed. It seems obvious that you didn't understand his invested interest in this thread or Urals in general. I took the opportunity to enlighten you. There are plenty of other Ural riders who deserve credit as well. Such riders include but are not limited to Berger, Bounty Hunter, JohnBG,Tarka, and Windmill. I have nothing to gain from complimenting them as well. Wait Bounty Hunter does fix my bike so I guess there is something to gain from that.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #1303
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,220

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #1304
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload View Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #1305
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,792
Wow - over 1300 posts. Bokad, what oil do you use :-)

I thought the Dot3 to Dot4 brake fluid thing would get people going...

SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote