Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #1306
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
Wow - over 1300 posts. Bokad, what oil do you use :-)

I thought the Dot3 to Dot4 brake fluid thing would get people going...

We all know DOT 5.1 is far better then that crappy 3 or 4
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #1307
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

Oddometer: 393
Hey Schitzman, if you had any skills for fixing you Ural you would have fixed your front brake. It is a Brembo that uses Brembo parts,available easily on the internet and almost any other bike shop.

Get some real skills under your arse before you start knocking other people, you are a danger to others,end of.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #1308
MotoJ
Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
Hey. Hey. Hey..... Now, I may be a lot of things, but I am no hipster. Once again you should lurk more and post less. If you go back a page or two, you will see why I couldn't fix my front brakes. That whole reading thing is complex . Oh and since you clearly don't know what "sycophantic" means allow me to help you out. A sycophant would be someone who is trying to win favor of important people through flattery. I assure you, I could give two fucks about impressing anyone. The majority of people on here that know me can assure you on that as well. I have nothing to gain from trying to impress Cob. I just give credit where credit is owed. It seems obvious that you didn't understand his invested interest in this thread or Urals in general. I took the opportunity to enlighten you. There are plenty of other Ural riders who deserve credit as well. Such riders include but are not limited to Berger, Bounty Hunter, JohnBG,Tarka, and Windmill. I have nothing to gain from complimenting them as well. Wait Bounty Hunter does fix my bike so I guess there is something to gain from that.
Nah, I'm gonna stick with sycophant after this post too. Nice Google work.
I will take your word for the no hipster claim, although that Tumblr account makes me veerry suspicious.

MotoJ screwed with this post 07-13-2012 at 02:40 PM
MotoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #1309
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtr96sn View Post
Hey Schitzman, if you had any skills for fixing you Ural you would have fixed your front brake. It is a Brembo that uses Brembo parts,available easily on the internet and almost any other bike shop.

Get some real skills under your arse before you start knocking other people, you are a danger to others,end of.
Actually Brembo no longer carried the parts. Ural changed the design for their bikes and no longer had it in stock. This is also leaving out the fact the prior Ural parts distributor was a nightmare. So I was able to swap the master. The disk and brake switch on the other hand were quite a process. Do some more research on it though. It seems you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Oh and you were one of the trolls I was talking about.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #1310
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJ View Post
Nah, I'm gonna stick with sycophant after this post too. Nice Google work.
I will take your word for the no hipster claim, although that Tumblr account makes me veerry suspicious.
Google work huh? Try again. Explain to me what I have to gain by flattering anybody on the forum? What does Cob have to offer me in exchange for my flattery? Please explain?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #1311
MotoJ
Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer: 1,177
Quote:
Google work huh? Try again. Explain to me what I have to gain by flattering anybody on the forum? What does Cob have to offer me in exchange for my flattery? Please explain?
I don't know- attention? Some of those posts sure seemed cloying to me.
But I'll stand corrected. I admire your loyalty to the cause. Be safe.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:41 AM   #1312
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

What I do know is that you could have swapped out the complete system if you had one ounce of knowledge as to how your bike works, or doesn't.
If you insist on having everything so it bolts on then you will be in trouble.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #1313
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,931
Quote:
Schatzman - good job on keeping it going. I like your style.
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #1314
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,925
Quote:
yeah, that is so last year. Super heavy duty DOT3 is da bomb SHDDOT3
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #1315
oppozit
Banned

Oddometer: 341
It's good to see that the usual rules of ADVrider to not apply to the disgusting attacks of the Ural Cabal. We'd have possibly had a decent discourse otherwise. Shame the moderators missed it all, or perhaps supported it. The attacks against Bokad wouldn't have been permitted elsewhere, but perhaps it's OK since it was a Ural thread!? The BanHammer seems non-existant when Uralists are at fault. Guess that will now get me banned.
oppozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #1316
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Quote:
What I do know is that you could have swapped out the complete system if you had one ounce of knowledge as to how your bike works, or doesn't.
If you insist on having everything so it bolts on then you will be in trouble.

You really just can't let it go can you? See if I were to swap it with something that was not a Ural standard part, I would void my warranty. I purchased an extended warranty for a reason. I wouldn't piss it away over replacing it with a non ural approved setup. I know it may seem scary to you, but front brakes aren't needed to stop the bike. Drum brakes have been around a fuck load longer then brembo disc brakes. Down shifting and using the rear and sidecar brake is quite enough to stop the bike. Just give up. Your pathetic attempt at trolling is a joke. Go lurk toothy down in the basement for a lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppozit View Post
It's good to see that the usual rules of ADVrider to not apply to the disgusting attacks of the Ural Cabal. We'd have possibly had a decent discourse otherwise. Shame the moderators missed it all, or perhaps supported it. The attacks against Bokad wouldn't have been permitted elsewhere, but perhaps it's OK since it was a Ural thread!? The BanHammer seems non-existant when Uralists are at fault. Guess that will now get me banned.
Mud has been thrown by both sides. I will write up a list for you step by step on how you should handle this:
1. Donate $20.00 to ADV
2. Start a thread in the basement calling out the mods
3. Send a PM to Baldy complaining about the mods and how you donated $20.00 to the site. Tell him how your opinion matters because you donated $20.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
Schatzman - good job on keeping it going. I like your style.
We all know this thread has reached the point now. It is now just a joke and a place for the anti-ural crowd to cause chaos by using flame bait. Bill up there is a perfect example.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #1317
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

You are a dick. I aint a troll, I am being serious. Your famous fix it yourself,reliable(ish) Ural and you need a extended warranty!!.

I know you can stop with the rear brake, but it is in twice the distance of the front brake alone, I do know,I have more than 10 times your riding experience and I aint a know it all greenhorn like you.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #1318
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

Oh yes, another thing,I aint anti Ural either.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #1319
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Quote:
You are a dick. I aint a troll, I am being serious. Your famous fix it yourself,reliable(ish) Ural and you need a extended warranty!!.

I know you can stop with the rear brake, but it is in twice the distance of the front brake alone, I do know,I have more than 10 times your riding experience and I aint a know it all greenhorn like you.
You sure seem like a troll. I purchased my extended warranty because my rear drive blew up while off road. I was willing to spend the extra cash for the insurance. I also thought it would be a good selling point if I decided to get a newer Ural.

Where in this thread did I say I fix it myself? Link please?
Where in this thread did I call the Ural reliable? Link please?
Where did I claim I know it all? Link please?

You made it sound like riding my Ural with no front brakes was unsafe. I never once felt unsafe. Do I wish I had my front brakes working right away? Yes of course. Was I going to let it stop me from riding my Ural? Not a chance in hell. No one ever got hurt. Never had a near accident. To be perfectly honest I barley noticed they were missing.

If you think driving with no front brakes is scary, you should try being flat towed behind Bounty Hunter on his Dnepr while your rear drive is locking up and your front brakes are over heating and locking up for 10 miles.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #1320
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

I dont think it is over scary riding with no front brake, I think it is stupid.

Do you know, I think in real life we would get on as we both have strong opinions and like to argue the toss. Id do think a lot gets lost on here as you cannot see the emotions I am having, be they pity,sadness,anger or laughing away.