Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 01:42 AM   #16
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
. . .

over here in the states Yamaha is running scared about selling too many scooters thinking that would ruin their reputation of selling other models of big cruisers and fast sport bikes because too many people look down on and make fun of scooters, over here is all about image, to pretend you are special and better than everybody else because you ride a big monster cruiser bike that makes a lot of noise,, its not about the joy and fun of riding its only about how tough you look on one!
I guess Yamaha understands that and caves into the social make up of the typicial guy that wants to buy a bike so Yamaha tells the few like me to get lost and they don't need my money and my business.
So be it!
I get very upset watching new guys that just got their first big cruiser bike that can't ride it, then these exact same guys cutting me down and making fun of my Tmax,,,, and those new guys are the customer that Yamaha wants
An answer? Unshackle your brand-pref thinking and search-out dealers who will stock the BMW C600 Sport. BMW is not promoting a range of "big monster cruiser bike(s) that makes a lot of noise".

In Australia - BMW luxury car showrooms will soon see scooters amid the gleaming cars.

Quote:
Motorcycle boss Tony Sesto believes that 11 of their 24 dealers who are also car dealers will scatter the BMW C600 Sport and C650 GT maxi-scooters throughout their car showrooms when they are released in October.

"Car dealers will see it as extra selling opportunities," he says. "Car people may like these maxi-scooters. They are a two-wheel vehicle that will appeal to car people more than a sportsbike. A handful of our car customers already have bike licenses but don't own a bike. I think this will be attractive enough to them to own one
Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 AM   #17
linusje OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
linusje? you owned the older Tmax in the past? (meaning: how do you know the 530 is faster-quicker)

here is what I noticed on the changes of the 530:
final belt drive instead of the enclosed chain drive
much bigger brake discs with ABS
thicker seat padding with nice stitching
( I always read the reviews of the Tmax owners complainning about the thin seat padding making the seat uncomfortable,,, but I don't have a problem with the stock seat)

over here in the states Yamaha is running scared about selling too many scooters thinking that would ruin their reputation of selling other models of big cruisers and fast sport bikes because too many people look down on and make fun of scooters, over here is all about image, to pretend you are special and better than everybody else because you ride a big monster cruiser bike that makes a lot of noise,, its not about the joy and fun of riding its only about how tough you look on one!
I guess Yamaha understands that and caves into the social make up of the typicial guy that wants to buy a bike so Yamaha tells the few like me to get lost and they don't need my money and my business.
So be it!
I get very upset watching new guys that just got their first big cruiser bike that can't ride it, then these exact same guys cutting me down and making fun of my Tmax,,,, and those new guys are the customer that Yamaha wants
I previously owned a yamaha tmax 2011 techmax.
I can not yet compare since I only drove 150 km with my new tmax 530.

The brakes are very good.

I have the comfort seat and this one is very comfortable.
linusje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #18
Scot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Whoa! That's awesome.
2009 Honda DN01
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #19
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,054
I have to say, that is one amazing looking machine! Very, very impressive.

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #20
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamofo View Post
Very nice, love to hear how it compares to the older one, if you've ever ridden one.
About the same as the old one with a perfomance CVT like the one
from polini or malossi.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #21
linusje OP
Adventurer

Endcap exhaust now is black :

Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #22
S/W
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Tmax

How many helmets fit under the seat?
S/W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #23
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,789
Quote:
linusje? you owned the older Tmax in the past? (meaning: how do you know the 530 is faster-quicker)

here is what I noticed on the changes of the 530:
final belt drive instead of the enclosed chain drive
much bigger brake discs with ABS
thicker seat padding with nice stitching
( I always read the reviews of the Tmax owners complainning about the thin seat padding making the seat uncomfortable,,, but I don't have a problem with the stock seat)

So be it!
Yamaha can't sell the few scooters they do import. I don't know what the hell you are talking about and I don't think you do either.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #24
linusje OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/W View Post
How many helmets fit under the seat?
one
Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,536
Quote:
how come a Kawasaki 250 Ninja costs $3695 and a 150cc Honda Scooter costs $4995?,,, does the Honda scooter have gold plated engine parts and the Kawasaki doesn't?
I'll assume you're talking about the SH150.

If that's the case, the SH has better suspension and brakes then the
little Ninja, and is built better then my ex Ninja 650.

That may have something to do with it.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #26
Hardguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:

stand in line! take a number for everybody that hates me!
every dealer in my part of the country have NO scooters on stock and if you looked at the 2011-2012 motorcycle sales figures scooter sales are wayyyyyyyy up

all i am saying is dealers must be really stupid business men by not stocking scooters that are the hottest selling and cheap to make and asking top price with a higher percentage of profit

why is it I am the only one that sees that scooters are the future of motorcycles?
There are a lot of new '09 to '11 Tmax left over all over the country. I found almost 70 new ones sitting in dealer showrooms just from a two minute search from ONE online shopping site. There wouldn't be so many people in line that hates you if you would do some research first before you speak.

http://www.cycletrader.com/New-Or-Us...011&&newsort=1
Hardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #27
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,789
Quote:
stand in line! take a number for everybody that hates me!
every dealer in my part of the country have NO scooters on stock and if you looked at the 2011-2012 motorcycle sales figures scooter sales are wayyyyyyyy up

all i am saying is dealers must be really stupid business men by not stocking scooters that are the hottest selling and cheap to make and asking top price with a higher percentage of profit

you have to have holes in ur head to spend $10,000+ for a Suzuki Burgman or $12,000 for the new BMW scooter when it costs them less to produce one than any cruiser or dirt bike,,, just think of the money they are making!

how come a Kawasaki 250 Ninja costs $3695 and a 150cc Honda Scooter costs $4995?,,, does the Honda scooter have gold plated engine parts and the Kawasaki doesn't?

why is it I am the only one that sees that scooters are the future of motorcycles?

I certainly don't hate you. I do think you are full of shit. I'll back that up. I don't know that you are from Tacoma, but I did a Cycle Trader search for Tmax scooters within 250 miles of Tacoma. There are 5 new 2009 (that's 4 model years old) Tmax scooters in dealer showrooms within 250 miles of Tacoma right now.

http://www.cycletrader.com/New-Or-Used-Yamaha-Tmax-Motorcycles-For-Sale-In-Tacoma-Washington/search-results?type=356953&make=Yamaha|2321194&model=Tmax&modelkeyword=1&zip=98405&radius=250&sort=yearesc

If you don't live in Tacoma, then run a search on your area and see what you come up with. I'll bet there are new Tmax and other scooters in that area that are several model years old. You are right on some counts. The TMax is a fantastic scooter. MSRP on some scooters seems inconsistent with their technology, size and performance.

Which scooters are the hottest selling ones that dealers should stock up on?
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:59 AM   #28
linusje OP
Adventurer

please don't spoil my topic.

Thanks and many greetings from Belgium.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #29
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
people do judge you by what you ride,, if you ride a scooter you are a tree hugger, enviromental wacko that wants to save the planet from global warming,,,, or you're just a beginner rider thats too afraid or too inexperienced to ride a real motorcycle, you're just not talented enough to shift gears and more the clutch handle at the same time, you're a weenie, a nerd.
I don't have anything to prove to anybody, I don't have to say sorry cause I ride a scooter, I ignore the insults cause I don't want to spend the night in jail after I kick in some bikers face.
,,,,but to my surprize I was AMAZED that other scooter owners are the same way! They tease and taunt me cause I ride a different brand of scooter than what they have, all they do is cut down and expose all the weakness of my scooter just so the scooter they own looks good.
The dealer that sold me my Tmax was right, I didn't believe him when he tried to talk me out of buying the Tmax saying everybody would make fun of me.
But since then I have learned to love my Tmax even more, the more that cut it down and cut me down for riding one the more I love it cause I consider the a hole that makes those remarks.
So don't walk up to me when I am at the gas station with my Tmax cause I am prepared by attacking you with words and insults and if I have too with physicial harm, yea, might be 6 tough bikers there, I know I will lose the fight, but I also know at least 2 of them will spend the night in the emergency room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linusje View Post

I'll try not to. But this moran from Tacoma is getting to me.

To the moran...look, clown. Nobody cares that much what you ride.

You have no friends...because you're a PECKERHEAD.

Read more; post less; STFU and enjoy the ride. You might even make a few friends that way...there's other misfits out there; just show a little restraint.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #30
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by linusje View Post

The bike looks outstanding! BTW Belgium Rocks :-)

my smugmug: http://svizzerams.smugmug.com

Proud to be Riff Raff 07-08-09-10-11 !!!!
svizzerams is offline   Reply With Quote