ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #61
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
That article was fantastic. Thank you Cortez.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #62
Tacoma
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Oddometer: 233
I am back from being booted for my comments, I am sorry if I offended anybody, I was just here looking for a friend to talk too, I just wanted to see if anybody else had the same problem of being singled out as a black sheep just because I own and ride a Tmax.
If I would have known that I would be laughed at , made fun off, critized just because I ride one maybe I would have never purchaced it in the first place.
I am guilty for being upset that people that own other scooters get respect.
I was warned by the Yamaha Dealer that I would be made fun of for riding the Tmax,, I have to admit he was right.

Maybe I don't understand but its more about the make and type of bike or scooter that you own to just to impress other people than what it is what make or model that impresses you.
I own the Tmax as a muilti-use vehicle, I ride it back and forth to work, I take it to my weekly grocery shopping trip, I use it to run a long distance trip I need to make to save on fuel costs. No! I don't want to race you, I don't care if another scooter has better perfomance, my Tmax goes the speed limit and thats all I need.
Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #63
hexnut
just cruising
 
hexnut's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: middle Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
I am back from being booted for my comments, I am sorry if I offended anybody, I was just here looking for a friend to talk too, I just wanted to see if anybody else had the same problem of being singled out as a black sheep just because I own and ride a Tmax.
If I would have known that I would be laughed at , made fun off, critized just because I ride one maybe I would have never purchaced it in the first place.
I am guilty for being upset that people that own other scooters get respect.
I was warned by the Yamaha Dealer that I would be made fun of for riding the Tmax,, I have to admit he was right.

Maybe I don't understand but its more about the make and type of bike or scooter that you own to just to impress other people than what it is what make or model that impresses you.
I own the Tmax as a muilti-use vehicle, I ride it back and forth to work, I take it to my weekly grocery shopping trip, I use it to run a long distance trip I need to make to save on fuel costs. No! I don't want to race you, I don't care if another scooter has better perfomance, my Tmax goes the speed limit and thats all I need.
Well I see you didn't learn a thing..
__________________
Kymco People S 250
2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #64
InlineSkate
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Bay City, MI
Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
I am back from being booted for my comments, I am sorry if I offended anybody, I was just here looking for a friend to talk too, I just wanted to see if anybody else had the same problem of being singled out as a black sheep just because I own and ride a Tmax.
If I would have known that I would be laughed at , made fun off, critized just because I ride one maybe I would have never purchaced it in the first place.
I am guilty for being upset that people that own other scooters get respect.
I was warned by the Yamaha Dealer that I would be made fun of for riding the Tmax,, I have to admit he was right.

Maybe I don't understand but its more about the make and type of bike or scooter that you own to just to impress other people than what it is what make or model that impresses you.
I own the Tmax as a muilti-use vehicle, I ride it back and forth to work, I take it to my weekly grocery shopping trip, I use it to run a long distance trip I need to make to save on fuel costs. No! I don't want to race you, I don't care if another scooter has better perfomance, my Tmax goes the speed limit and thats all I need.
Just a piece of advice. Don't think to much of someone criticizing your purchase decision. Especially if they aren't the ones who put out the money for it or are making the payments.

I purchased a scooter, but I got a lot of flack for a different reason. I'm a poor college student working at a Subway. I bought a brand new PCX 150 for $3,900 instead of buying a car. In Michigan mind you.

My reasoning behind it was that a used vehicle I would of got for 4k would be unreliable and expensive to fix. Plus the insurance would be prohibitively expensive. This is before I even got to filling the thing up. My family and friends constantly give me shit for it, but I simply laugh it off because while they're going bankrupt to maintain their vehicles I have $300/m in extra money that I can store away or play with.

TL;DR We all have reasons for our purchase decisions don't let people who don't understand them get you down.
InlineSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #65
hexnut
just cruising
 
hexnut's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: middle Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSkate View Post
Just a piece of advice. Don't think to much of someone criticizing your purchase decision. Especially if they aren't the ones who put out the money for it or are making the payments.

I purchased a scooter, but I got a lot of flack for a different reason. I'm a poor college student working at a Subway. I bought a brand new PCX 150 for $3,900 instead of buying a car. In Michigan mind you.

My reasoning behind it was that a used vehicle I would of got for 4k would be unreliable and expensive to fix. Plus the insurance would be prohibitively expensive. This is before I even got to filling the thing up. My family and friends constantly give me shit for it, but I simply laugh it off because while they're going bankrupt to maintain their vehicles I have $300/m in extra money that I can store away or play with.

TL;DR We all have reasons for our purchase decisions don't let people who don't understand them get you down.
Its not his scooter...hes a nut-case.
__________________
Kymco People S 250
2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #66
tmaximus
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by linusje View Post
Hello,

I just recieved my yamaha t-max 530 with some option :















Still to come :

lightech mudguard front , carbon boomerangs side , carbon Y front , lightech carbon swingarm covers

Hi linusje,

Firstly i must say you got an awesome looking tmax, may i ask where did you get all your accessories from?

many thanks in advance.
tmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #67
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
Its not his scooter...hes a nut-case.
+1

And when people quote him, the ignore list doesn't help,
so please people, don't quote him.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #68
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: London UK
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
http://www.zimbio.com/Motorcycles/ar...x+500+measures

Numbers at the bottom of the article.

FJR1300-like fuel consumption included.
What is interesting is something that no CVT scooter can avoid - namely the inherent inefficiency of the CVT transmission. Of the 47 claimed crankshaft horsepower only 34PS makes it to the rear wheel - another magazine calculated 36PS using a different machine.
This is where the Honda Integra should have an advantage with its ""robotized manual" DCT gearbox - there should be less power loss. Because of the Integra's greater weight, this is not felt so much in the acceleration times but rather at the gas station.

As for T-Max fuel consumption...
Under extremely arduous Alpine test conditions, a T-Max used more or less the same amount of fuel as a Kawasaki 650 Ninja twin ridden over exactly the same route. Very worthy I would say.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #69
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,536
Other then greater power losses, you can't rev the scoot with CVT
(there are exceptions, though) to it's maximum power rating either,
so there goes even more power.

They all need DCT or at least a 'power' mode, like the Burgman has.

As for the fuel consumption.. I've put over 20k miles on a 650R, and
I know a lot of Tmax owners (the old 500), and it's a lot more thirsty,
up to 50% more.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #70
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: London UK
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
As for the fuel consumption.. I've put over 20k miles on a 650R, and
I know a lot of Tmax owners (the old 500), and it's a lot more thirsty,
up to 50% more.
I don't doubt you for a moment. My comment derived from a comparison of the new 530 in the latest issue of Motorrad.

John
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #71
linusje OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 56
Update....new mirrors , new levers and wave brake disc.

















linusje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #72
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV
 
gkgeiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Akron, Ohio
Oddometer: 549
Looks like the most expensive T-max in the world. Nice ride.
__________________
"If more is better, then two much must be just right"
Gene
'14 R1200GSW
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:09 AM   #73
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Looks like the most expensive T-max in the world. Nice ride.
+1

Overkill in every single way but still looks amazing.
I'm affraid it now needs an Akrapovic exhaust though.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #74
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Ohio
Oddometer: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
how do you scooter owners control your temper? I admit I have a hard time controling myself to stop myself from kicking someones face in when they make insulting remarks,,, I avoid all other motorcycle riders at all costs, if there is a restaurant or a bar I was planning on stopping at and I see a bunch of motorcycles parked there, I go elsewhere! All my former motorcycle riding friends have forgot about me, they don't want to be seen riding with me. The 2 scooter clubs in my area refused me memebership. It doesn't matter that I have owned all types of motorcycles in the past and I am an experienced rider, when you own a scooter you're labled as a beginner, or a guy that can't clutch and shift gears.
I was at the local motorcycle dealer last weekend looking at new bikes but It came to me that no other bike in his showroom excited me or was better to me than the Tmax I already own! Is that crazy? No other motorcycle thrills me! I admit I am lost, there is no hope for me anymore!
Why do you worry about what other people think? I ride a Honda Reflex ( also other bikes ). Nobody makes fun or comments negatively.
When they find out how far I ride, they're like WOW!, on a scooter?
Hey, it runs 80+mph, gets 70 mpg, is as comfortable or more so than my Harley.
Remember, the motorcycle doesn't make the man, the man makes the motorcycle!

Maybe it's your attitude.
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #75
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna
 
Photog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Cackalacky
Oddometer: 46,212
Tacoma's rant pruned and punted to EH.

Carry on with the T-max good times.
__________________
Only an XR1200 owner knows why Cthulhu hangs its head out a car window.

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014