Test

Test
Gecko@Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
Gecko@Venture OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Dec 2010 Trip for Graham Mathieson (UK) Keneya

This is a Ride report from Graham on his experience in Namibia... I'm submitting as I'm not sure if he is on Adventure Rider

"
Namibia was somewhere I never managed to get to. Having travelled all around the world I finally ended up working in Kenya. Suddenly getting 2 weeks off work with no kids to worry about and a guaranteed job to return to. I got on the internet. As it was nearly xmas all the main motorbike tours were booked or closed. 3 independent operators referred me to Ben. Ben immediately sorted me out despite being on holiday with his family. I was met, housed, fed, and chauffeured to the bike.

3 immaculate KTM 690s with Touratech additions. For a relative novice these bikes were far too beautiful as I new dropping was high on the probability scale! An hour to pack, sign some papers and Ben simply pointed North and said ‘sand – head up , stand up and throttle - ‘enjoy’’. I often had to repeat this to myself as wobbled in a dune.

For anyone contemplating Namibia – go. The geology, endless deserts and friendliness of the people never failed to amaze. The isolation, silence and absence of vehicles and people, sometimes for days, was terrifying and yet wonderful. The country is geared for campers with every few km a beautiful site with firewood, braai pit and often a bar. The dirt roads were well graded and the scenery changed at every bend each view more breathtaking than the next. I often found I had been riding for 6 hours without stopping just to try and soak in the view and the colours. I could have done the whole trip without touching tarmac.

I camped beside the bike with no tent, just a roll mat and sleeping bag with stars and moon so bright I had to put a towel over my eyes to sleep. Getting up and riding before the heat of the day, stopping for food and then camping in the evening became a wonderful routine.

I thoroughly recommend Namibia as a biking destination, I doubly recommend Ben and his bikes. Nothing was too much trouble and any problems were taken in his stride. I found Namibia met my pleasure to risk limits and then some. Two weeks of only having to think about fuel, food and water, and whether my ability was up to the next road. "
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
Gecko@Venture OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Picks From Graham Trip Dec 2010

One more Picture form Graham close to the Skeleton Coast (Namibia)
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
fatalerror
skrik vir niks

Oddometer: 867

fatalerror screwed with this post 01-17-2011 at 07:40 PM
fatalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,663
Generally, ride reports ought to be persona, as per the posted rules. As long as you don't promote your touring biz in this forum, we'll keep enjoying your pics. Use the Vendors forum for promoting your touring operation. Namibia riding looks excellent.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Reino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
I have met with Ben a few times (my father knows him well), he is a stand up guy and honest. He like's adv riding a lot on his more recently acquired mistress, the 990 ktm.
Reino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Mike_drz
Banned

Oddometer: 402
what about our children's inability later on? teach is a teacher basic @#$%^^
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote