Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Rottweiler Quick Detach Glove Box Mod / Storage Box / Filter Kit - Trio Special Cont.

Do one minute pre-filter changes sound good to you? Extra 128 cubic inches of safe storage? Rottweiler Performance, creator of the original and most trusted foam intake system for all LC8 / RC8 KTM engines announces it's continuation of the "Trio" 10% discount special of: (Includes free shipping within the lower 48 US states)
  • (990) The Rottweiler Intake Kit for all 990 Fuel Injected motorcycles
  • "Snap Out" quick detach glove box mod (patent pending)
  • "Dog House" under seat storage box (patent pending)
-or-
  • (950) The Rottweiler Intake Kit for all ADV 950's carbureted motorcycles
  • "Snap Out" quick detach glove box mod (patent pending)
  • Factory Pro jetting kit with Ti needles.
Due to the popularity of our previous Christmas special, Rottweiler Performance has decided to continue the Trio deal for ADV inmates only. All you need to do is give us a call @ 949-412-1971 and give us your ADV handle. That's it. No codes or "special" numbers to punch in. Rottweiler Performance has owned the top the the LC8 engine since it's inception and delivers original and unique products to the KTM community. No copies and not another billet whatever. Original products that are bullet proof, work as advertised and don't let you down.

Rottweiler Performance
is also in current development on 1190 Intake Kits and exhausts but will not be ignoring the 990 and 950 product development with some new and exciting original products to be released very soon.

Tuning / Mapping process:

We will also walk you though any questions you may have for Fuel Injection tuning right here in this thread or on the phone. It is not as hard as you think and moving forward, Chris Parker at Rottweiler Performance will be providing a large amount of custom maps for every one of our intake and exhaust combinations ready to go for Rottweiler customers only. Three maps will be provided:
  • Power
  • Economy
  • Combo maps with economy in the "cruise" ranges

Self Help Videos:

In addition, Rottweiler Performance will be providing free self help You Tube videos to walk anyone who is new to programming your ECU through the very simple process that is often misunderstood as complex and daunting. This will include very simple videos for someone who just wants to drop in a map and nothing else after they have installed our filter kits to more in depth videos showing all the capabilities of Tune ECU and Power Commander V modules. We call these the "Gift that keeps on giving" as there is so much they can provide the user. (anyone within Southern California is welcome to come test ride our 990 Adventure R with an appointment to prove how powerfully smooth you can get a 990 to perform with proper mapping)

Rottweiler Guarantee:

When proper mapping procedures are in place, Rottweiler Performance guarantees our products to be the smoothest running, safest and hardest pulling components on the market and are dedicated to the highest quality components and service. Period.

Links:
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/snapout.html
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/IntakeSystems.html
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/thedoghouse.html
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/Videos.html
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/FAQ.html
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/PreFilters.html

CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
Ryno041
Do it! You won't...

Oddometer: 45
Question on mapping

I am certainly interested in the mapping tutorial videos. It's the one thing that kept me on the fence for a while was the tuning part. (Thanks for the help) It has always been a little bit of a mystery to me. I am interested in a Powercommander V, but don't really know how to set them up. Are you going to cover those as well? How complicated is this re-mapping process?
2007 WR450F
1987 TT350
Ryno041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
SocalCPA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
I am very interested in the mapping assistance! I have installed the trio and the easy of use and extra storage is awesome. I plan on swapping out my Remus single can for a Rottweiler mid-pipe and can. The power bump with the intake system was immediately noticeable, and the remap with the TuneECU map (thanks for the map software, maps, and instruction) helped smooth out my 07 990. I am hoping with the new exhaust and power commander I can work on the fuel economy vs power maps.
SocalCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno041 View Post
I am certainly interested in the mapping tutorial videos. It's the one thing that kept me on the fence for a while was the tuning part. (Thanks for the help) It has always been a little bit of a mystery to me. I am interested in a Powercommander V, but don't really know how to set them up. Are you going to cover those as well? How complicated is this re-mapping process?
Mapping is actually much easier than you would think and even if you're in the ballpark with the parts description the map was made for, IE; "intake and exhaust", or "intake and 2 into 1", you are still very safe and do not need to worry with any of the maps we provide. They are all within very safe limits and any way you shake it will produce a better and stronger powerband than the stock mapping by far.

Our goal moving forward is to release online tutorials to walk newcomers through the simple mapping processes. Kind of a "FI Tuning for Dummies" if you will. We will begin with a very simple step by step tutorial explaining the very easy process of downloading one of our Tune ECU maps for the Rottweiler Intake Systems and loading it into your bike without all the wheres, hows and whys to complicate things. Just step 1 - 5 so to speak and you're off and running.

After that, we will get more in depth into running a piggyback ECU like the PCV. We call it the gift that keeps on giving as there are many useful add ons that either come free with the software like the "Accelerator Pump Feature" for that instant snap to the ability to switch between "Economy" maps and "Power" producing maps. Even on the fly with an inexpensive bar switch. Our tutorials will walk the user through any process they would like to accomplish without too many confusing details. All the information is out there, but because Dynojet (makers of the Powercommander ECU) makes models for all kinds of bikes, the information is all over the place and needs to be put together in one easy to understand place. We intend to put it all together for KTM users in one neat package that is easily understandable. You will be able to pick and choose what you would like to do with the unit next and have the ability to go straight to the information and complete the task quite easily without intimidation.

We have found that the mapping process can intimidate some customers that are interested in our filters for other reasons like fast and easy swaps with the Snap Out brackets we make, so our goal is to uncomplicate the learning curve for them. We get allot of walk ins and many have walked out after speaking with us with absolute confidence in the tuning aspects so we felt that it would be good to release videos that, in essence, accomplish the same thing. We will have a dedicate page on our site for all of this.

All of our maps will be going through our own AFR testing process using over the counter devices all from Dynojet (PCV, Auto Tune Dual Wide Band and LCD data logger) We are able to decipher what the map is doing in different gears, speeds, throttle positions etc, which allows us to fine tune our maps to perfection. We will also be releasing 3 different maps for every combination of Intakes and Exhausts we make so the customer will have many choices ready to go with that added bonus. See below.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
toto#77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Not sure to have understand at 100%, you are developping a "two maps switch" for TuneEcu?
If yes I though to love you that will be great also for a all round use of the bike, a "sport mode" to enjoy an a "low fuel mode" for a long range travel; in italy fuel cost 1,8/lt (more or less 9.4$ per gallon).

P.s. I'm Antonio from Italy

non facile scrivere mentre mi allaccio il casco...
toto#77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
Ianuk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Can you ship the "Trio" to the UK? As the UK stockist is always out of stock...

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
-the Dalai Lama
Ianuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Antonio (Toto) we are shooting for more maps as well for Tune ECU but have no way of providing a switch for that like Powercommanders. With a PCV (Powercommander V) you can load any two of our maps, likely econo and power, and switch between the two while you are riding. This is great for when you want power but need the mileage to get there. We use this all the time and love it.

We believe that Powercommanders are largely misunderstood and will be taking steps in the near future to help with this on our site using tutorial videos and "Tuning for Dummies" handbooks.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Ianuk, Zen Overland (http://www.zenoverland.com/) is our UK dealer and we have just shipped a bunch of product to him. It went to a shipping facility that is collecting other items from him so I'm not sure when he will physically have them but I know there is allot of our product coming his way. He has been stocking more and more as he is now confident that the intake kits are the real deal and sell well.

Chris
Old 01-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
toto#77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Antonio (Toto) we are shooting for more maps as well for Tune ECU but have no way of providing a switch for that like Powercommanders. With a PCV (Powercommander V) you can load any two of our maps, likely econo and power, and switch between the two while you are riding. This is great for when you want power but need the mileage to get there. We use this all the time and love it.

We believe that Powercommanders are largely misunderstood and will be taking steps in the near future to help with this on our site using tutorial videos and "Tuning for Dummies" handbooks.
Thanks Chris, I already use a powercommander (II) on my bimota.
It's a really good products but at the moment PCV is a little more for my pocket maybe next year.

non facile scrivere mentre mi allaccio il casco...
toto#77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Thanks Chris, I already use a powercommander (II) on my bimota.
It's a really good products but at the moment PCV is a little more for my pocket maybe next year.

We are working on major support for Tune ECU as well. It's just not as powerful as a PCV in terms of what they are capable of and the maps we can make for our customers. The PCV is kind of a Swiss Army Knife, there are all kinds of tools that are available with one unit.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #11
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,241
Let's get the Storage Boxes for the 950

I'm looking forward to when you have a storage box for the 950s so I can go with the CPR "triple crown" of upgrades... Filter kit, Quick GB Release and Storage box.

Whoohoo, keep 'em coming!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #12
CPRFAB OP
Banned

We already have the quick detach glove box mod. It's called the "Snap Out" and that one was good enough to submit for patent this time. Patents are expensive, but worth it when you think have a good idea. We originated it so you know it works well and they have been curing headaches all around the globe.

We have a 950 "Dog House" storage box nearly done and should be out soon. Keep an eye out on the website. http://rottweilerperformance.homestead.com

We are spending the winter working on new farkles so stay tuned.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #13
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
We already have the quick detach glove box mod. It's called the "Snap Out" and that one was good enough to submit for patent this time. Patents are expensive, but worth it when you think have a good idea. We originated it so you know it works well and they have been curing headaches all around the globe.
Got mine on the way via our mates at KTMTWINS.com. Due to arrive tomorrow. Way more excited than I should be.

I - and the 12 m'f'kin' fasteners I get angry with and round out, every time I have to do anything on my bike - thank you from the bottom my tool box for this product.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:02 PM   #14
Ryno041
Do it! You won't...

Oddometer: 45
2 maps is what I want

I think having 2 maps is what I'm looking for. 1 for power, and one for fuel economy. PCV is necessary to do that?
2007 WR450F
1987 TT350
Ryno041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #15
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno041 View Post
I think having 2 maps is what I'm looking for. 1 for power, and one for fuel economy. PCV is necessary to do that?
The Powercommander V will do that with only the addition of an on/off switch. Any swith will do, but we have a nice one that has marks to indicate which map you are using and a nice mount to go on the bars. In the features enable drop down, you just tell it you are running a switch in slot one or slot two and from now on, when you load one of our maps (many coming), it will ask you, "Slot one or slot two?". After that you can run one of our "economy" maps when you want and switch on the fly to a "power" map.

This is just one of many hidden features of the Powercommander V's. We absolutely love them and they are much more versatile than Tune ECU, albeit more costly. I would get a PCV before anything billet.