ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: What Vehicles Contain The Most Douchebag Drivers?
Cadillac Escalades 56 8.45%
Any Model Of BMW Vehicle 107 16.14%
Teens W/ 4 Cyl. Japan/Korean cars W/ Lawn Mower Mufflers 116 17.50%
A-holes Texting In SUVS 384 57.92%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #151
woolsocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Any large trucks round these parts like Dodge Rams, F150, F250. Take up so much friggin space and ride your ass wherever you go.
woolsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #152
MisterShandy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Of course I see douchebags driving all sorts of vehicles, but 9/10 BMW drivers are douchebags. I am so familiar with these asshats that I can differentiate BMW douchebaggery from just normal driver idiocy without even recognizing the model of car.
MisterShandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #153
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
The PT Cruiser...the second ugliest vehicle ever produced....

whats the first you may ask???

The convertible PT Cruiser....
Uglier than an Edsel? Now that is saying something!
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #154
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,250
Another vote for the Prius.

They aren't the only slow drivers, but they seem to be the the epicenter of fearful driving and arrogance. No matter what I am driving, they give me dirty looks, hold their nose (referring to my exhaust), and become offended by my use of legal passing lanes. Those drivers will be quite happy when all cars are automated and drive in single file lines.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #155
Colorado Col Rider
Wee Stromming Now

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
Another vote for the Prius.

They aren't the only slow drivers, but they seem to be the the epicenter of fearful driving and arrogance. No matter what I am driving, they give me dirty looks, hold their nose (referring to my exhaust), and become offended by my use of legal passing lanes. Those drivers will be quite happy when all cars are automated and drive in single file lines.
when cars are automated and drive in a single line I will be happy too...just cars right
Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #156
fishwich
El Borbah

Oddometer: 1,586
And...all you driving rental rv's this summer.

10mph under the speed limit. Weaving back and forth over the double yellow line and never caring to check your side view mirrors so that you won't see 2 dozen cars and trucks lined up behind you.
Probably a regional thing but if you live or travel in northern AZ or southern UT, then you know what I'm talking about.
Mostly piloted by seniors but a high number of European tourists rent these too.

fishwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #157
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Picking a particular car, I will say Prius drivers are the worst, either creeping around for maximum MPG, or weaving through traffic like a squid on a sport bike.

In general I will say people with bumper stickers are the worst, It seems that those who need the world to know what political, religious, environmental, beliefs they have, or what motorcycle they polish behave like they are the center of the universe.

Liberal, Democrat, coexists, environmental bumper stickers = drivers who are clueless, making turns from the wrong lane, mid block U-turns, don't use turn signals, wander all over the road because they are texting. Daydreamers who pay little attention to their driving.

Conservative, Republican, religious, NRA bumper stickers = drivers who are aggressive, tailgating, excessive speeding, turn signals mean get out of my way, wander all over the road because they are talking on the phone. Selfish drivers who think they own the road.

Band, energy drink, DC, fox stickers = no skill driver that is a total dick.

And someone please explain to me why people who drive the most expensive vehicles never have a hands free/bluetooth phone?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #158
Mistress of the dual
Some say....

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
And someone please explain to me why people who drive the most expensive vehicles never have a hands free/bluetooth phone?
They have no money for such devices; they spent it all on their cars. Actually, most expensive vehicles come equiped with hands free/bluetooth built in. Maybe its a matter of not being equiped with a brain that can figure out how to use the built in bluetooth.

2002 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2009 BMW F650GS
RR:The Quest for Apple Pie
RR:Pacific Coast Rambling
Mistress of the dual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #159
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Mustang drivers that want to race everyone.
Soccer moms in SUVs that do whatever they want and expect everyone else to live with it.
Contactors / move it yourselfers that drop ladders, TVs, Beds, chairs, all over the road.
Semi drivers that get all the mileage out of those retreads and only swap them when they take a shit going down the road.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #160
Wuwei
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
Pickup truck, without a doubt. They straddle the center line on every rural corner when they're not swinging wide onto the shoulder kicking rocks and dirt all over the road. The ones really using the trucks for work are constantly on their cell phones while they eat breakfast in the cab and chat with their buddies. They're always the first off the road when there's snow and ice, and when it's dry they're all in the fast lane tailgating and passing everyone. Half the time they have some poorly secured load in the back, if parts of it haven't already fallen out to be left in the middle of the road. They throw their trash in the back and then let the wind take care of disposal. They often have some nasty bumper stickers on the back of the cab in the hopes someone will pick a fight.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #161
alii1959
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Scariest: the minivan limp mobile. It has no side mirrors, bumper trailing behind, duct tape on at least one window, and a passel of kids rummaging around inside.

Second worst: People who have a death grip on the steering wheel sitting with their chest rubbing on it. They are terrified and will make you so.

As far as cars: Young women in huge SUVs. Only know two speeds wide open and screeching halt. I really believe that ABS is the worst thing that ever happened to cars. They no longer have to worry as much.

Trucks: rednecks in racetrucks. They wanna race everybody to prove there dinky isn't inversely as small as the lift on their truck, especially if they are shiny....who ever heard of a shiny truck...bunch of sissies.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #162
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,027
20 to early 30 guys in any kind of Japanese car or truck. Also, most drivers in Orange County, CA
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #163
CapnFish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
I vote for cop cars. Always stopping me as soon as I am having fun, always seen near accidents, have no sense of humor when donuts are mentioned..
Old 06-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #164
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by alii1959 View Post
Second worst: People who have a death grip on the steering wheel sitting with their chest rubbing on it. They are terrified and will make you so.
I once informed my father in law that the steering wheel was not a life preserver, he was also not drowning, so therefore did not need to clutch it so tightly to himself in fear.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #165
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,426
Everyone but me.
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote