ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: What Vehicles Contain The Most Douchebag Drivers?
Cadillac Escalades 56 8.45%
Any Model Of BMW Vehicle 107 16.14%
Teens W/ 4 Cyl. Japan/Korean cars W/ Lawn Mower Mufflers 116 17.50%
A-holes Texting In SUVS 384 57.92%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #121
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,616
Taxi's !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #122
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,154
And...

City buses and sometimes, LEO. Otherwise, around here it would be hard to group based on what they drive. Plenty of douchebaggery in expensive German cars, beat up old American cars, fart can equipped Civics, SUV's, et al. Also some polite, cool people in all the same types of cars.

I think a douche is gonna be a douche no matter what they drive - cars or bikes!
C/1/509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #123
melville
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,396
Might be a local thing for me. Silver or black truckish or SUVish, jacked up, mit Raiders markings.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.
melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #124
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,622
Anything lifted is almost automatically going to be a jackass around here (Midwest).

In fact I also have a theory, yet to be proven, that the amount of lift on any vehicle is inversely proportional to the penis size of the operator.

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #125
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,622
I also have a theory for motorcyclist's that goes:

Average Penis Size + Hours spent riding - ($ spent in chrome)($ paid for hayabusa)(Db of exhaust)

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #126
Tom48
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Buick, Any Cadillac, Any young blonds, guys on the phone with their baseball caps on backwards, most women and most gray hairs
Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #127
CapCal1000
Uhhh....

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwich View Post
Forgot about the 1 ton diesel guys. My Freightliner puts out less soot tugging a 50k lbs trailer than those guys do from stop light to stop light. Plenty of them on the Superstition Freeway.
This x100... I've always just referred to them as F-Dudes.. Though with the downturn of the construction economy in Phoenix there are fewer douche bags able to finance $60k trucks. They all have sunburned faces with the outlines of the oakly's they wear on the job pouring cement.

I rode (once) with my F-Dude neighbor who took great joy in cranking up his chip at stoplights simply to smoke the hell out of the person behind him...

For my money the worst is any female on the road during the day in Scottsdale, AZ... It's their road, they simply allow others to use it when it's convenient for them.. They're all just white trash from the midwest who banged the boss, became the trophy wife and now think their husband's money has somehow transformed them into a high class of human.

CapCal1000 screwed with this post 06-07-2012 at 05:35 AM
CapCal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #128
Quedok
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Women in general

Comming from the most populated state and one that has more cars than people, My vote goes to women drivers in general but most specifically ones that put on makeup while driving. Add that to the fact that a large number of those drive oversize SUV's, have their seat way too far forward, text like it's the end of the world and you have a recipe for disaster.
My gripe is why the makeup anyway? Most of them have a serious weight problem and the last time I looked, there was no makeup for that short of a gym membership.
Quedok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #129
Mistress of the dual
Some say....

Oddometer: 203
Women in general

I don’t know about women drivers being douchebags. When I think of douchebag drivers I think of agro drivers tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic and intentionally driving like asshats. Now, if your talking about bad, distracted drivers who are oblivious to the world beyond their windshield, then women get my vote hands down. Why is it so many women feel driving a vehicle comes second to whatever other task they feel like performing at the time?

2002 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2009 BMW F650GS
RR:The Quest for Apple Pie
RR:Pacific Coast Rambling
Mistress of the dual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #130
Dan-M
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 853
Also voted SUV (driving texters should have their thumbs removed) but If I had to single out one car brand it would be Volvo.

Like Hummer drivers, it seems what is outside of their personal coccoon doesn't matter.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #131
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress of the dual View Post
I Why is it so many women feel driving a vehicle comes second to whatever other task they feel like performing at the time?

Because women love to brag about how "good" they are at multitasking. Which is total bullshit. Everyone sucks at multitasking -- men just admit it. Even if you are better than the average monkey at multitasking, (god I even hate the word) doing it while DRIVING is a stupid fucking idea.

I've noticed that when my wife is driving, the more she talks to me the slower she drives and the more oblivious she becomes to her surroundings. If we are both being quiet she is a perfectly competent driver. "Multitasking," my ass.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #132
Grinch
Belt-fed Jackass

Oddometer: 128
Something about aggressive hybrid drivers seems to chap my ass. I expect it from some guy driving an H2, but isn't the whole point of driving those"friendly" cars to show respect for the earth and your fellow man and all that crap? When a Prius blows by me at 90mpg and starts tailgating and cutting people off I wanna yank their granola luvin' ass out through their vent window.

"Give me a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a G-D hurry. " - Sheriff Buford T. Justice
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #133
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Something about aggressive hybrid drivers seems to chap my ass. I expect it from some guy driving an H2, but isn't the whole point of driving those"friendly" cars to show respect for the earth and your fellow man and all that crap? When a Prius blows by me at 90mpg and starts tailgating and cutting people off I wanna yank their granola luvin' ass out through their vent window.
My theory is that like Volvos of the past, Prius 'drivers' don't want to or like to drive.

I had a pair of em pass me (on my bicycle) into oncoming traffic yesterday. First one went 100m and turned into their subdivision. Second one just kept going. The incidents were 30min apart.

M
Old 06-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #134
the Pheasant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
In London hybrids are exempt from the congestion charge. Here they are generally driven by the kind of people who, going by the way they step on the gas between traffic lights, seem to hate the idea of being eco-friendly but are prepared to put up with the humiliation of driving an "eco-friendly" car in order save a few sovs - which they then waste by driving too hard
the Pheasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #135
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,272
Nobody mentioned the slowly moving roadblocks wearing a HAT. Wife was the first to notice this, years ago.

Not the ball cap turned around nit-wit (that's a different sub-category) but the middle age and beyond, hat wearing, oblivious to anyone else, retiree. They will be piloting a Mercury Marquis or some other variation of modern luxo-barge.

Large groups of this species tend to accumulate in Florida, especially in winter.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote