Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #16
Hardguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
I would love to see the NC700S naked bike make to the U.S. in the future. I'm not digging the beak of the NC700X at all.
Hardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
I'd also probably get the DCT version, but it would be hard to decide if
I wanted the Integra or the 700X.
That would probably come down to the ergos (700X would be taller still, wouldn't it?) and how much you care about storage space - 700X and S have that faux-tank and actually offer more storage space there than the supposedly scooter-like integra has under the seat. I find that rather odd!

I've been thinking that perhaps 700S would be the best choice of the three, combining lower seat with larger storage. Sadly it looks like we are getting S as manual only at this stage and if I were to get this bike it would definitely be DCT.
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #18
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,536
Everything is "strange" about those 3 bikes, I find it hard to compare them
to anything I've ridden before, but it's strange in a good way, thankfully.

If I were to judge based only on looks, the S looks cheap and I'd assume
the suspension and brakes were awful, the performance specs somewhat
suggest a nice torque torque curve but I had better in the 650R.

The X looks like a cheapo poor man's cross tourer and also cheap with
that tiny swing arm etc.

The Integra looks wrong all together.

Thankfully, after riding just one of them, you get the picture and now
I'm interested in all 3.

Considering I've put the biggest available SHAD topcase on my scooter,
which has class leading under seat storage, I guess I like storage.

I'd really have to try the Integra to figure out if I like the way it rides,
and to see how that transmission works. After that ride, it would be
easy to figure out how the X would feel with DCT.

Common sense tells me that the Integra is better in every way for
what I need, but it's probably not nearly as fun as the manual
700X.

I've got a common-sense ride right now, and it's border line boring,
but I just have to remind myself how pissed I was riding the 650R
around town and it goes away.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #19
MODNROD OP
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 1,915
Quote:
Common sense tells me that the Integra is better in every way for
what I need, but it's probably not nearly as fun as the manual
700X.
You'd be surprised how much fun can be had by cranking the Integra over hard, squeezing the rear brake just to the point of sliding, then whacking the throttle wide instantly.............MUCH nicer (and quite controlled) response thatn when I did that last on my old Vmax!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #20
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Stop that.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
Old 06-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
Tangles_OZ
Andrew

Oddometer: 7
I posted this on another forum here in Australia just a few thoughts. Well have had the Integra now for about 7 weeks now and some of you want a review. So here goes.

For a start you have to be of a certain hight not too tall or your knees will hit the front panels but not too short or you won't touch the ground. I am about 180 cm with fairly long legs and I am just about right. I will say that the seat is really comfy but that might be because I come from having a Kymco Xciting 500 and even with a cushion that seat was like a plank of wood.

The ride is good far better than the scoot. The 17" wheels help here. The only thing I will say that at speed 100ks plus the ride is a bit bouncy. I have not altered the suspension as I am waiting on the panniers and top box which will give a bit more weight to the back. I find it a lot better when the Baggage (Robyn) is on the back or with the big back PAC that I use for work. Doing Twisties is now a breeze.

This Bike/scoot has the DCT system which allows you to be in full auto with D drive or S sport modes. Also semi auto which means you decide when to up change but it will down shift when it needs to, no stalling .
When in auto mode you can down shift at any time great in the Twisties and going down hill. The engine breaking is terrific. The only issue is at slow speed maneuvers where I feal in auto the gear box is short shifting too soon. I find I put it into Manual mode and she will then stay in 2nd gear instead of trying to get into 4th. It is a 6 gear gear box. It goes into 6thgear at about 70ks so it is like an over drive. At 60ks she is doing about 2300rpm and at 100ks about 3500rpm. So yes very economical about 28/30ks per ltr.. She (Greta) has a 14ltr. tank. Also the acceleration is wonderful even in normal drive mode. Just ask Tanys . The 670cc engine will do faster than 160ks don't ask how I know this.

I think I would class Greta as more a sports/tourer than a cruiser/tourer. When riding I am finding I like to work a lot harder if I want to, just more fun really!!

One thing that I really like is that it is a chain final drive. Just like a normal bike. Now I know there is a lot of comment on other forums say if only it was a belt drive. In MHO there are at least 2 reasons why I like the chain. The story of Murf while on our Tassie trip and broke his belt. The short story he bought another bike! Now if he had chain easy to replace or fix at any shop. Also no slippage in water crossings which has happened! And really it only takes 1 minute to spray lube a chain every 500ks plus it is a good time to check everything else that you should do anyway.

Well there is a lot more but maybe it's time for a few questions from you!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #22
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Cool!
Thanks!

Can you double check the revs at 100km/h in 6th please?

I got 3000 on the NC700X which would suggest the Integra has shorter
gearing (which I'm not sure I'd like).

Old 06-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #23
Tangles_OZ
Andrew

Oddometer: 7
Oops yes it is about one dot over the 3000rpm so about 3250rpm at 100ks.
I do think it is getting better as it runs in. It may be like the BMW g650gs I had which took 5000ks before everything was bedded down. only just done 2000ks so far.
Tangles_OZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #24
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Good!
Thanks!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #25
Discojon75
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Any real world data on Integra fuel economy yet? Fuelly.com doesn't have any Integras.
Discojon75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #26
mrnoitall
Banned

Oddometer: 146
I'm not buying the MPG numbers on this or the Integra. There are some crazy figures being thrown around.
mrnoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #27
Discojon75
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoitall View Post
I'm not buying the MPG numbers on this or the Integra. There are some crazy figures being thrown around.
The numbers for the NC700X seem to be fairly consistent... 65MPG +/- 5MPG if measured in US gallons... The confusion you're probably seeing is by UK magazines that use Imperial gallons (~1.2 US gallons per Imperial) resulting in 75ish MPG. I believe Edgey is member here in fact and owns one.

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x

Swap the settings in fuelly to UK gallons and you'll see what I mean.

Discojon75 screwed with this post 07-05-2012 at 12:18 PM Reason: corrected spelling error
Discojon75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #28
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoitall View Post
My cousin has seen 70mpg 2 times, and even flogging it doesn't go under
60MPG.

There's no reason to doubt the figures.
This is a completely different engine to what we're used to.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #29
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discojon75 View Post
The numbers for the NC700X seem to be fairly consistent... 65MPG +/- 5MPG if measured in US gallons... The confusion you're probably seeing is by UK magazines that use Imperial gallons (~1.2 US gallons per Imperial) resulting in 75ish MPG. I believe Edgey is member here in fact and owns one.

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x

Swap the settings in fuelly to UK gallons and you'll see what I mean.
I'm not confused and I understand that an Imperial gallon is roughly 1.2 US gallons. Perhaps I should have been clearer. I don't believe there is a 700cc vehicle that can be ridden normally and get 65-70 mpg US. My 250 bikes get 65mpg on a good day. If I'm wrong the next year will bear that out.. If I'm wrong I'm buying one of these vehicles.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #30
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:

The Integra looks wrong all together.

I agree, especially with the hard bags. It's an odd creature... and yet I want one. At least Honda has the balls to come up with these things. I have a feeling the Intregra will go the way of the DN 01. It just does not look like a lasting design.. It looks like something we will look back at and say " Do you remember that monstrosity Honda came out with"