User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
DaymienRules OP
Traffic target

Oddometer: 216
Any reviews on the Dx bluetooth setups?

DX.com has a number of chinese bluetooth helmet setups, about $40 each. Has anyone tried any of them out? I'm looking to get helmet comms for a group of 4 riders, and I have no interest in ponying up Sena money for something we'll use once or twice a year.
DaymienRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 11,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaymienRules View Post
DX.com has a number of chinese bluetooth helmet setups, about $40 each. Has anyone tried any of them out? I'm looking to get helmet comms for a group of 4 riders, and I have no interest in ponying up Sena money for something we'll use once or twice a year.
I tried a set, they were garbage, I returned them and this should tell you something - they didn't even want them back. Just refunded my money.

I delighted in stomping on them in the driveway, very satisfying. Poor volume, dropped connectivity, laughable weather resistance.

I'm not afraid to roll the dice on bargain stuff or DX merch, obviously, but I think you might wanna re-think it. You can spend DX money for something you'll be frustrated with once or twice a year.

;)
swingset is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #3
Mastery
Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer: 1,538
I'm with swingset on this. Buying the cheapest junk headsets you can find are only going to cause you all kinds of headaches and not go over at all with your riding friends.

It's something you plan to use a couple of times a year, quality headsets are going to last you many years of use. I use my Sena SMH10 nearly daily in one form or another (bike-to-bike communications, listening to music, making and receiving phone calls, listing to turn by turn directions from the Garmin, etc) for the past two years with no issues.

A pair of the SMH10's are available for about $250, cheaper if you look around and much cheaper if you'll take a used set. Spend the money and get something you are all going to enjoy using instead of something everybody gets a headache using each time the group of you go out.
Mastery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
DaymienRules OP
Traffic target

Oddometer: 216
Thanks for the review, that's what I was looking for. I guess we'll just continue to yell at each other. As for buying the cheapest chinese junk, well, sometimes its junk and sometimes its quality stuff, maybe even made in the same factory without a brand name. Hence the review request.
DaymienRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #5
Yamarocket630
Honey Badger

Oddometer: 630
Bought the same stuff as dx from an ebay seller. Both of them broken (physically broken at the microphone jack) within a month. Returned for refund and bought some used scala q2s. Have been working great for 4 years.
First it was all bullrider, one hand in the air behind my head (yyeeeeeehhhaaaaaaaaawwwww), and then I fell off the bike.
Yamarocket630 is offline   Reply With Quote