ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #406
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 37,943
12 games and only 1 loss in regulation, I can live with it
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #407
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,789
I was busy coaching, what happened?
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #408
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,833
Bruins down 3-1 with three minutes left.

Grainbelt takes a jab at the B's fans in ADVsports.

Bruins score two empty netters in the last 1:43 to tie it but lose in the shootout.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #409
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Bruins down 3-1 with three minutes left.

Grainbelt takes a jab at the B's fans in ADVsports.

Bruins score two empty netters in the last 1:43 to tie it but lose in the shootout.
Ahhh, so we got a point, I'll take it. I hate shootouts btw, I just think that is a terrible way to end a well played match with a skills competition. And I know I am severely in the minority here, even in my own house. Everyone else here thinks it is so exciting.....well that is because our AHL team is pretty good at them....they think it is winning. I would rather see a well played overtime game. If it is still a deadlock, take your point and be happy.

Save the shootouts for the playoffs.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #410
wingnut11
generally strange
 
wingnut11's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Twin cities mn
Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Save the shootouts for the playoffs.
You had better be joking! The day that happens may be the day I drop hockey. I hope it never comes.
__________________
If you're thinking about it your just trying to justify it to yourself.
wingnut11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #411
rbrsddn
3banger
 
rbrsddn's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Madison,CT
Oddometer: 2,457
Definitely a hard won point. I thought they were going to lose. I think they should get rid of the shootout, and go back to the old overtime.
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #412
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,833
I'm fine with the regular season shootout, but they really do need to go to a 3-2-1 points system. The incentive to play for a tie to get the bonus point, particularly with so many divisional games, makes for some tedious goddamn hockey games.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:21 AM   #413
Transalp Jas
Studly Adventurer
 
Transalp Jas's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Corner Brook,NL
Oddometer: 806
Anybody else find it hilarious when Rask loses his shit when he gets scored on? NO WAY this guy can handle a full season as a starter. His head's gonna pop!
__________________
Chuck Norris can blow bubbles with beef jerky.

Chuck Norrris has never gotten a Jeopardy question wrong. Jesus has missed two.
Transalp Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #414
Schatzman OP
I Saved Latin
 
Schatzman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Omnipresent
Oddometer: 3,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transalp Jas View Post
Anybody else find it hilarious when Rask loses his shit when he gets scored on? NO WAY this guy can handle a full season as a starter. His head's gonna pop!
You do know he played a season as a starter in 09-10? He had a .931 SV% and 1.97 GGA. He has nothing to prove as a starter. The rest of the team has yet to prove they can show up when he is in net.

Getting him is just another example of how shitty the leafs organization is run. Thanks to them the Bruins have Rask, Seguin, and Hamilton.
__________________
Quote:
In short, life is made into a nonstop, commercially prepackaged masturbational fantasy.
-Allan Bloom
Schatzman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #415
bobobob
badbadbad
 
bobobob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: On a hill
Oddometer: 4,982
__________________
.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #416
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
You do know he played a season as a starter in 09-10? He had a .931 SV% and 1.97 GGA. He has nothing to prove as a starter. The rest of the team has yet to prove they can show up when he is in net.

Getting him is just another example of how shitty the leafs organization is run. Thanks to them the Bruins have Rask, Seguin, and Hamilton.

Yeah, even in his AHL days he would get upset and then play like spiderman. He struggled more with them crowding him in the crease and I was afraid he was not going to shake that frustration, but he has. I worry about him not making a full season, but not because he gets fired up...that seems to make him play better.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #417
Schatzman OP
I Saved Latin
 
Schatzman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Omnipresent
Oddometer: 3,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Yeah, even in his AHL days he would get upset and then play like spiderman. He struggled more with them crowding him in the crease and I was afraid he was not going to shake that frustration, but he has. I worry about him not making a full season, but not because he gets fired up...that seems to make him play better.
He does have a bit of Ricky D in him when it comes to injuries, but with 12 million in cap space, I am not to worried.
__________________
Quote:
In short, life is made into a nonstop, commercially prepackaged masturbational fantasy.
-Allan Bloom
Schatzman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #418
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 37,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
He does have a bit of Ricky D in him when it comes to injuries, but with 12 million in cap space, I am not to worried.
I'm worried if they're going to spend it or not knowing their past. They've got the Garden selling out even after a lockout and are charging 70 dollars for "cheap seats".
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #419
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
I'm worried if they're going to spend it or not knowing their past. They've got the Garden selling out even after a lockout and are charging 70 dollars for "cheap seats".
This...Jacobs probably figures he can milk at least 30 years out of this cup.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #420
Schatzman OP
I Saved Latin
 
Schatzman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Omnipresent
Oddometer: 3,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
This...Jacobs probably figures he can milk at least 30 years out of this cup.
I don't think Neely would stand for it at this point. If Neely were to quit and start talking shit on Jacobs about not caring about the team and fans it would cause a shit storm of epic proportions. Once hiring Neely, he took a step in a direction he can't come back from.
__________________
Quote:
In short, life is made into a nonstop, commercially prepackaged masturbational fantasy.
-Allan Bloom
Schatzman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014