ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 02:37 AM   #346
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,323
At least it makes for an interesting line up.
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #347
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 17,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Troy being from australia and being too busy with work these past few months, please enlighten me as to the saga of BF?

There's a whole thread that explains it in detail; http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801466&highlight=bordone+Ferrari

I've read about them so many times on ADV but what is/was about them that made everyone (?) so keen on them?

Many were keen to see a new "player" in Rally Raid/Moto circles... expectations exceeded reality... as often is the case.

PS we all know Honda are going to win 2013 dakar. Having just won the baja1000 with their farmbike, JC will be super motivated to keep kicking austrian ass ;)
HONDA is to DAKAR (still at the moment) where KTM is in SCORE/Baja circles... but they have made a stated plan to change that. Any result (a podium spot) in 2013 DAKAR will be gravy... development over the 2013 rally season could well see them start "favourite" for 2014... but not yet, I don't believe.

JC will be motivated no doubt... but again; this is DAKAR not baja... he is far from "running the show" (like the US/Baja JCR effort). He is one of five riders on the team - certainly drafted for his experience and expertise - but my understanding is that he is there in a waterboy/support rider role... not a spearhead.

Hero worship is a wonderful thing ain't it...?

I wish the HRC team and all it's rider/crew the best for Dakar... it will be great to see if they CAN take the fight to the orange team... It's just that I think the KTM squad have the runs on the board, a proven bike, a proven team and (still) the best two rally exponents on the #1 and #2 machines... they have yet to be dethroned.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 12:39 PM
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #348
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer
 
rmhrc628's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: The high country VIC
Oddometer: 2,330
Yeap hero worship is great.

Yeah I know JCs podium days are done.

I guess I love my Hondas and I love the underdog. Hence Honda taking the fight to the ktm monsters is enthralling. I think they've recruited very well too.

Is there any talk yet on when Honda are releasing rally 450x parts? I'm keen to add to my collection :)
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #349
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,323
Indeed JC will be the waterboy. I think that is the perfect role for him on the team. His age, experience and desert knowledge is perfect for Honda's first assault on the South American version of Dakar.
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015

ThomasVolomitz screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 03:28 AM
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #350
johnno950
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
Alex Zanotti's TM450, with new front fender

Is the front rim on that bike wider than 1.6/1.8?,maybe just the photo but looks wide.
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #351
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Perú
Oddometer: 4,953
Our First Indian competitor?


175 DAMDINKHORLOO BOLDBAATAR
KTM
RALLY 450


Try say that with a mouthful of sand

Bold baatar be Damn Dink Horloo to finish.

Go get em, tiger!
__________________
-
-
Dreaming of Dakar
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #352
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast
 
Dread Pendragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Our First Indian competitor?


175 DAMDINKHORLOO BOLDBAATAR
KTM
RALLY 450
He and Namchin Lkhamaa are both from Mongolia. I can't wait to see how they'll do! But their names are indeed cumbersome, so we should perhaps simplify. How about "Bold B.A." and "Genghis Llama"?


Here is Boldbaatar's FB page
__________________
- Mike -
WABDR
Mesquite Area Ride
Death Valley Ride

Dread Pendragon screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 09:30 AM
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #353
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Perú
Oddometer: 4,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
He and Namchin Lkhamaa are both from Mongolia. I can't wait to see how they'll do! But their names are indeed cumbersome, so we should perhaps simplify. How about "Bold B.A." and "Genghis Llama"?


Here is Boldbaatar's FB page
Thanks Dread! Seeing your avatar reminds me I still have to finish a best of 2012 video....and upload a few interviews with some special people.
__________________
-
-
Dreaming of Dakar
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #354
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Herlong, CA. Look it up, I'll wait.
Oddometer: 7,507
I was just watching those vids again last night. Yeah you need to finish them.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #355
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
He and Namchin Lkhamaa are both from Mongolia. I can't wait to see how they'll do! But their names are indeed cumbersome, so we should perhaps simplify. How about "Bold B.A." and "Genghis Llama"?


Here is Boldbaatar's FB page
Both riders have been top riders in Rally Mongolia for several years.
Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #356
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast
 
Dread Pendragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 2,191
Quinn Cody, from his FB page:

"I truly never expected to be writing this statement under these circumstances, on my couch, with a broken leg that is. But let's face it, things don't always go the way we plan in life, in fact, sometimes they continue to take us away from our planed course. Some of you may have heard rumors about me signing with a new team for next year, so I thought it would best to set the record straight. So here are the facts:

I have signed with the Monster Energy Husqvarna Rally Team by Speedbrain to race Dakar and the FIM World Championship Rally Series for 2013-2014, unfortunately after my recent injury, I will be unable to compete in Dakar 2013, but plan to be fit and ready for the first round of the World Championship Rally Series in April and of course ready to tackle Dakar 2014. I was completely devastated after learning that I would not be ready for the upcoming Dakar and felt awful that I had let my new team down before I had officially been announced as their new rider. Speedbrain, Husqvarna and BMW have put forth great effort to develop the Husqvarna TE449RR into an incredible rally machine and have exceeded all of my expectations at every step of the process. I am honored to have been given the opportunity to race for this great team and will do everything in my power to make this a successful relationship.

It has been a dream of mine for years now to do a full season of rally racing and try to master the art of road book navigation so that I can go into Dakar fully prepared with a year of real racing experience under my belt. This opportunity is the best platform for me to become a true rally racer and achieve my dream of a podium finish at Dakar. I have been racing in Baja for the past 10 years and it has formed me into the person I am today. Baja has been great to me, given me opportunities to race all over the world with some incredible teams and has introduced me to most of my best friends. But after 10 years, I have found myself eager for new challenges and have found new motivation in the Dakar. Just like Baja, Dakar is something that you can't explain, It is something that infects you, it is something so grueling and painful that gets in your blood and keeps pulling you back for more. The Dakar is the largest, most challenging motor sport event on the planet and is the obvious top tier in off-road racing. Moving forward, I am excited to be able to compete with such a high level team on the best equipment available.

Along with the World Championship Rally Series, I will also be competing in selected events for Husqvarna in the U.S. and possibly even get our feet wet with some racing in Baja. I am looking forward to 2013 and hope that I heal fast so I can prove myself to my new team. Thanks to all my sponsors for sticking by me through all the injuries I will overcome all of it and come back stronger and smarter.

Thanks,
QC"
__________________
- Mike -
WABDR
Mesquite Area Ride
Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #357
DruncleWill
CRASH TESTED
 
DruncleWill's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Muscoy, yes Muscoy CA
Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Quinn Cody, from his FB page:

"I truly never expected to be writing this statement under these circumstances, on my couch, with a broken leg that is. But let's face it, things don't always go the way we plan in life, in fact, sometimes they continue to take us away from our planed course. Some of you may have heard rumors about me signing with a new team for next year, so I thought it would best to set the record straight. So here are the facts:

I have signed with the Monster Energy Husqvarna Rally Team by Speedbrain to race Dakar and the FIM World Championship Rally Series for 2013-2014, unfortunately after my recent injury, I will be unable to compete in Dakar 2013, but plan to be fit and ready for the first round of the World Championship Rally Series in April and of course ready to tackle Dakar 2014. I was completely devastated after learning that I would not be ready for the upcoming Dakar and felt awful that I had let my new team down before I had officially been announced as their new rider. Speedbrain, Husqvarna and BMW have put forth great effort to develop the Husqvarna TE449RR into an incredible rally machine and have exceeded all of my expectations at every step of the process. I am honored to have been given the opportunity to race for this great team and will do everything in my power to make this a successful relationship.

It has been a dream of mine for years now to do a full season of rally racing and try to master the art of road book navigation so that I can go into Dakar fully prepared with a year of real racing experience under my belt. This opportunity is the best platform for me to become a true rally racer and achieve my dream of a podium finish at Dakar. I have been racing in Baja for the past 10 years and it has formed me into the person I am today. Baja has been great to me, given me opportunities to race all over the world with some incredible teams and has introduced me to most of my best friends. But after 10 years, I have found myself eager for new challenges and have found new motivation in the Dakar. Just like Baja, Dakar is something that you can't explain, It is something that infects you, it is something so grueling and painful that gets in your blood and keeps pulling you back for more. The Dakar is the largest, most challenging motor sport event on the planet and is the obvious top tier in off-road racing. Moving forward, I am excited to be able to compete with such a high level team on the best equipment available.

Along with the World Championship Rally Series, I will also be competing in selected events for Husqvarna in the U.S. and possibly even get our feet wet with some racing in Baja. I am looking forward to 2013 and hope that I heal fast so I can prove myself to my new team. Thanks to all my sponsors for sticking by me through all the injuries I will overcome all of it and come back stronger and smarter.

Thanks,
QC"
Something I find very interesting in the comments section on FB-


Joan Barreda Bort Thare we go!!!! Baja California 2013. :))
about an hour ago via mobile · Unlike · 5
DruncleWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #358
AJHP
Adventurer
 
AJHP's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Moreton in Marsh, UK
Oddometer: 17
Race 2 Recovery



Apologies if this has already been discussed on here, but this team is well worthy of a mention. Race 2 Recovery is a team made up solely of individuals who have been injured in combat and are now facing their next biggest challenge................Dakar 2013!

See http://www.race2recovery.com/who-we-are for further info. Influential stuff and well worth following on their adventures.
AJHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #359
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHP View Post

Apologies if this has already been discussed on here, but this team is well worthy of a mention. Race 2 Recovery is a team made up solely of individuals who have been injured in combat and are now facing their next biggest challenge................Dakar 2013!

See http://www.race2recovery.com/who-we-are for further info. Influential stuff and well worth following on their adventures.
Thumbs up to that, following them on FB.

Now whilst I support the UK and US military 100% there is one small thing that I can't quite get my head around.

Politics and sport should never clash and perhaps therein lies the answer to my own question, but with Argentina there is that real quandary of 30 years ago when "we" had that little tussle way down in the South Atlantic.
People on both sides lost their lives and notwithstanding the rights and wrongs of it all on either sides there must be some odd issues on the Argentinian relations and ex British servicemen injured in conflicts being involved?

Yes, we still play football and rugby against each other and there are no issues, save for the mad woman's continuous rants about the Malvinas to deflect political pressures at home, but somehow this sits a little different?

As a team they have no issues and I for one are right behind them, but forgive me if this may be a sensitive area, but how is this background dealt being with?

Could be a bit of a John Clease - "don't mention the war" - in which case it is just time and it a thing of the past, it may just be that when you are the same generation that to confine things to history, takes more doing?
too old is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #360
DruncleWill
CRASH TESTED
 
DruncleWill's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Muscoy, yes Muscoy CA
Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Thumbs up to that, following them on FB.

Now whilst I support the UK and US military 100% there is one small thing that I can't quite get my head around.

Politics and sport should never clash and perhaps therein lies the answer to my own question, but with Argentina there is that real quandary of 30 years ago when "we" had that little tussle way down in the South Atlantic.
People on both sides lost their lives and notwithstanding the rights and wrongs of it all on either sides there must be some odd issues on the Argentinian relations and ex British servicemen injured in conflicts being involved?

Yes, we still play football and rugby against each other and there are no issues, save for the mad woman's continuous rants about the Malvinas to deflect political pressures at home, but somehow this sits a little different?

As a team they have no issues and I for one are right behind them, but forgive me if this may be a sensitive area, but how is this background dealt being with?

Could be a bit of a John Clease - "don't mention the war" - in which case it is just time and it a thing of the past, it may just be that when you are the same generation that to confine things to history, takes more doing?
Could it be something as simple as the age of the participants? I've found most of the younger servicemen in the US to be considerably better students of history than the general population of the same age group, but the animosity towards former adversaries seems fade in relation to their own lifetime. It could be that I'm not up on my British / Argentinian geopolitical relations, but hopefully your concerns are only the ramblings of guys like us. :
DruncleWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014