ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #361
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .
 
slackmeyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Oddometer: 2,930
You're down to one night's supply of firewood, and it's green?
__________________
Zak

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #362
adam_c_eckhardt OP
done with Chemistry!
 
adam_c_eckhardt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Live Free or Die
Oddometer: 4,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
Fireplug

out in the boonies, you got water?

Rod


That hydrant was destined for the trash and I rescued it. I currently work in water distribution (hydrant work is a good part of what we do). The next chapter of my life will involve going back to school, so the hydrant is token from this chapter of my life. And it makes for a good conversation piece. And it's a 1976 model- not many people have a bicentennial hydrant in their woods.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #363
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_c_eckhardt View Post


That hydrant was destined for the trash and I rescued it. I currently work in water distribution (hydrant work is a good part of what we do). The next chapter of my life will involve going back to school, so the hydrant is token from this chapter of my life. And it makes for a good conversation piece. And it's a 1976 model- not many people have a bicentennial hydrant in their woods.
Ahh...

In my world, we call that 'something else I gotta trim the fucking grass from'.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #364
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer
 
tommu56's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: limerick pa / waterville pa
Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Ahh...

In my world, we call that 'something else I gotta trim the fucking grass from'.
Or one more thing the wife will back in to!!!
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #365
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommu56 View Post
Or one more thing the wife will back in to!!!
Mine has been good. I'm the one who took out the lamp post with the plow. Oops...
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #366
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer
 
kobudo28's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: New Hampster. Live, Freeze and Ride.
Oddometer: 5,850
Thanks for the tour today A. Nice to meet you E.

It is a great house and will be fantastic when completed!!!
I really like the clean design!
__________________
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
kobudo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #367
adam_c_eckhardt OP
done with Chemistry!
 
adam_c_eckhardt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Live Free or Die
Oddometer: 4,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28 View Post
Thanks for the tour today A. Nice to meet you E.

It is a great house and will be fantastic when completed!!!
I really like the clean design!
Thanks!

After I was done putting around on random projects I jumped in with the wife to coat that fir and we just got done an hour or so ago. There is no longer any walking room on the first level- that stuff is all over the place!

Come anytime. Give us a few months to spruce the place up and we'll have all the time in the world for beer drinking!
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #368
adam_c_eckhardt OP
done with Chemistry!
 
adam_c_eckhardt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Live Free or Die
Oddometer: 4,955
Sheetrock!

Sheetrock stocked and ready to go. Fir ceiling stacked and covered.
From March 29, 2013


Can't remember if I posted picture of the kitchen cabinets... Here they are- they have to be moved around a few times as sheetrock goes in. The cabinet all the way to the right is where it will actually end up. Wall oven and microwave...
From March 29, 2013


And things coming together nicely as sheetrock gets hung:
From March 29, 2013


From March 29, 2013


From March 29, 2013


From March 29, 2013
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #369
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer
 
kobudo28's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: New Hampster. Live, Freeze and Ride.
Oddometer: 5,850
Oh yeah!!!!!
__________________
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
kobudo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:42 AM   #370
adam_c_eckhardt OP
done with Chemistry!
 
adam_c_eckhardt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Live Free or Die
Oddometer: 4,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28 View Post
Oh yeah!!!!!
I've got plans today that involve wearing semi-decent clothes. Just got out of the shower, got dressed, and found that my clean clothes somehow have sheetrock dust on them. That damn stuff gets everywhere!
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #371
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer
 
kobudo28's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: New Hampster. Live, Freeze and Ride.
Oddometer: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_c_eckhardt View Post
I've got plans today that involve wearing semi-decent clothes. Just got out of the shower, got dressed, and found that my clean clothes somehow have sheetrock dust on them. That damn stuff gets everywhere!

LOL! True enough A. Been there, done that, too many times!
__________________
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
kobudo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #372
adam_c_eckhardt OP
done with Chemistry!
 
adam_c_eckhardt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Live Free or Die
Oddometer: 4,955
Time to start priming things!

And with that I could use some advice and opinions on interior paint.

The general consensus around here is that Benjamin Moore makes the best paint. It's also the most expensive. Wife is on her way to pick up some of BM's higher grade primer right now.

If that's the way to go we'll do it, but if there are more affordable options that people know of we're open. We've got Sherwin Williams locally available along with the Big Box stores. Had a bad experience with Behr paint last time I used it- so I'll probably shy away from that.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #373
Padriug
Cat Herder
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: AZO, MI
Oddometer: 334
I've had good results with O'Leary ceramic based flat as well as Valspar IIRC.
Padriug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #374
Attico
Wrong way 'round
 
Attico's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Oddometer: 1,753
The benjamin moore is worth the price. The coverage is great with a high solid content and it is very durable. The lower sheen finishes are washable. No other brand i tried is.

You could use a cheaper primer. they have a few grades of primers and paint, all of them excellent.

I too tried the behr, not great results. They were passable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_c_eckhardt View Post
Time to start priming things!

And with that I could use some advice and opinions on interior paint.

The general consensus around here is that Benjamin Moore makes the best paint. It's also the most expensive. Wife is on her way to pick up some of BM's higher grade primer right now.

If that's the way to go we'll do it, but if there are more affordable options that people know of we're open. We've got Sherwin Williams locally available along with the Big Box stores. Had a bad experience with Behr paint last time I used it- so I'll probably shy away from that.
__________________
“If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” (Coelho)
Attico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #375
adam_c_eckhardt OP
done with Chemistry!
 
adam_c_eckhardt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Live Free or Die
Oddometer: 4,955
The Benjamin Moore Primer (we got the better stuff) seemed pretty nice. My wife did the first room that's ready for it. I'm nursing a back injury that happened at work. About the only thing that's comfortable is to actually walk around. Standing, sitting, laying down- all hurt. This is the first morning since Wednesday that I've felt a bit of relief. Still gotta take it easy for a few more days so it's healed up in time to move in a few weeks.

We were digging a ditch at work the other day and I placed a ladder in the hole to go down. As I stepped onto the ladder the feet kicked out and my left leg (the one on the ladder) went flying out from under me. I'm pretty sure I did a triple toe loop before I caught myself- I've never fallen so fast, and I probably would have been better off if I fell all the way in the hole instead of catching myself. Oh well- such is life.

Still amazed at the GC- he has been amazing to work with and it has become obvious why he doesn't need a business card or advertising. He and his crew have managed to hide all the ICF mistakes except for one, which is really only obvious to people in the trades that look for things like this.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014