Oddometer: 1,598
Weight?
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
Culcune
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
An expat from somewhere now in China has had some good, bad and ugly things going on with his--but his was an early production bike, in China, and he might not know too much about mechanical things.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hen-RX3-report
Culcune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
sraber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastroman View Post
Weight?
Looks nice for the price.
#359 according to this article.
http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/ch...ing-to-the-us/
sraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,744
Doesn't this company cal scooter have a good rep? Aren't some of the guys here involved with it? If you want to know more look up Honley 250cc Adventurer bike . Seem like 3 diffenrent companies are rebranding it to there own name. Only Question is whom engine is getting cloned? If that s the case then interchangeability. Update a review from the uk. I know I had seen this before. http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial...dventure-bike/

An other update second review: http://www.morebikes.co.uk/2014-honl...-250cc-review/

74mpg from the 16 litre tank , Top speed 94 MPH so lets say real life 85 . seat high 31.5 .

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 09-06-2014 at 10:49 PM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #6
fullmetalscooter

ride report in china http://kelleyssilkroad.blogspot.ca/2...license_2.html

another forum report 9 pages long : http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hen-RX3-report

Have look but it' s not English

End of the day same price new as used KLR from here or clist outfitted. Anyway Just fount out there s a post somethere on adv about them called: advrider entitled A New Thumper
Turns out this is not a shit china company 5 kargest in china:
Zongshen was founded in 1992 and now consists of 52 wholly owned or part owned subsidiary companies. The Zongshen group has over 18,000 employees, and the total assets or worth over 4 billion Yuan. It is one of the five largest motorcycle manufacturers in China.
Based in Chongqing, China, it has a yearly output of over 1,000,000 motorcycles.
They are presently in partnerships with Harley Davidson and Piaggio.

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 09-07-2014 at 12:04 AM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #7
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
It looks surprisingly good....

I think they should make it a 500 and charge a little more for it though. 250 is really not much power and I bet its heavy.

The engine sort of looks Suzuki-ish but I have no idea if its a Suzuki clone or somebody else's.

The problem with these bikes is the lack of dealer support and its pretty common for the importers to go out of business leaving product support high and dry. The only saving graze is most of these clones are similar so usually with a lot of headache you can find a part that will work.
longhaul747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:33 AM   #8
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
ride report in china http://kelleyssilkroad.blogspot.ca/2...license_2.html

another forum report 9 pages long : http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hen-RX3-report

Have look but it' s not English

End of the day same price new as used KLR from here or clist outfitted. Anyway Just fount out there s a post somethere on adv about them called: advrider entitled A New Thumper
Turns out this is not a shit china company 5 kargest in china:
Zongshen was founded in 1992 and now consists of 52 wholly owned or part owned subsidiary companies. The Zongshen group has over 18,000 employees, and the total assets or worth over 4 billion Yuan. It is one of the five largest motorcycle manufacturers in China.
Based in Chongqing, China, it has a yearly output of over 1,000,000 motorcycles.
They are presently in partnerships with Harley Davidson and Piaggio.
I understand completely and agree with you about Zongshen but perception is reality. They will have to fight the cheap china crap label just like many others have before them.

Then we have a bike that's a rebrand with little to no dealer support. Here on the east coast CSC products are nonexistent so it might as well be a drop shipped bike.

Nothing against CSC they make some really cool really fast mini bikes but this is just another rebrand that can be had elsewhere. It may be a great bike but CSC has a big hill to climb.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #9
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
I tell you what If they had some sort of repair facility network across the US that would handle delivery, setup and warranty repairs (make that a 2 year warranty) and maybe tossed in roadside assistance I might bite.

I think the bike looks pretty cool and its got EFI. I could use a cheap and I don't care about winter hack bike.

I still consider 250 a limiting factor but I currently have 2 250's and let me tell you a 250 today is not the same as 250's from yesteryear. My CBR250R and GW250 are surprisingly very adequate. Plus you can't beat a 250 for economics either. I remember taking the MSF class 20 years ago and riding the Nighthawk 250's around. Even being a brand new rider at the time I found that these bikes could not get out of their own way. Modern 250's are at least double the usable power now.

Its going to be interesting following owner reports on these. The Chinese stuff is improving. Zongshen is supposedly one of the better mainland China home brands. The problem is you need a solid importer and its an uphill battle. The Chinese stuff has a bad rap that is solidly justified and if you don't sell bikes you can't stay in business. I am actually a little amazed in this day and age one would even try.
longhaul747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,742
If I was a hundred pounds lighter I would try one. !!. But then again I ride a 1990 XT350 with about the same HP. !!.

I don't ride fast ,I ride far...
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #11
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAC1680 View Post
I understand completely and agree with you about Zongshen but perception is reality. They will have to fight the cheap china crap label just like many others have before them.

Then we have a bike that's a rebrand with little to no dealer support. Here on the east coast CSC products are nonexistent so it might as well be a drop shipped bike.

Nothing against CSC they make some really cool really fast mini bikes but this is just another rebrand that can be had elsewhere. It may be a great bike but CSC has a big hill to climb.

Be Big,
AMAC
From what I can tell CSC is nonexistent on a lot of the West Coast, too. I've never seen one in Seattle or Portland. Their website doesn't even list any dealers.
seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #12
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,679
Actually, before we moved from Puyallup to near Hilo on the big island of Hawaii, I saw the mustang-looking CSC bikes at a scooter dealer in Tacoma, Washington. I was quite impressed at the build quaility. 5428 South Tacoma Way is their address, and they show that they still sell the CSC bikes. Here is the web address:

http://www.nwmotorscooters.com/

Maybe call first to see what the have in stock. CSC now sells the 150cc and a 250cc bike.

I don't know if they might be amenable to stocking the RX3 dual sport or not. But, they are a dealer.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #13
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
I think they are beating the big four to the punch with this one with an affordable, low displacement, bag friendly ADV bike. Honda should follow with an ADV bike based on their CBR 300 single.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #14
fullmetalscooter

[QUOTE=tastroman;25021585]I think they are beating the big four to the punch with this one with an affordable, low displacement, bag friendly ADV bike. Honda should follow with an ADV bike based on their CBR 300 single.[/QUOTE

The future is small Displacement bikes replacing anything that does't get 80 MPG within 10 years or so. By then Scooters Like BMW Eletircal will start to be more common and price around 6 grand. if gas goes up then people look elsewhere for saving. Give it 5 to 10 and China with india will start chipping away at Japans market over here I feel. By then you Ll be getting 1975-85 quilly products over here . Some will be far better then that.

Since this bikes sold else where at least the internet will provide parts.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
Culcune
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
I ride a 2013 TMEC 200cc enduro as my daily commuter after having bought a used '09 one and running it into the ground (but learning alot, hence the confidence in the new one), and it uses a Zongshen manufactured engine that is made as a proprietary engine for TMEC. It is the simple aircooled CG125 based clone engine.

I really believe that Zongshen is taking a giant leap forward with this bike, but not sure if they should have made some versions with a liquid-cooled, carb version. I do understand that Europe (EU) and even China which has copied Europe's emissions are very strict, hence the fuel injection, but Zongshen makes third-world workhorses, and is quite good at it (I put over 10k miles in the year and a half I owned the '09 bike riding daily, 33 mile round trip, year round in southern AZ--115 F on some summer days riding home from work!), but this is a big leap of faith for them.

Here is what it will boil down to--a good distributor. My TMECs were/are backed by one of the best distributors, hands down. As in calling during business hours, and getting hold of someone who generally knows something. I AM NO MECHANIC, but with help from the distributor (and having stock on hand), and groups like chinariders and mychinamoto, I have been able to keep on daily commuting. Obviously a good dealer will help, if you happen to live near one, but a one-stop distributor who is very responsive has given me faith in cheap Chinese bikes.

I did try to convince them to carry these bikes months ago, but they are tied up in other brands, but I did try at least...
Culcune is offline   Reply With Quote