Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #46
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 1,985
I agree, my 150 is every bit as fast a my 250 till around 50mph . I weigh around 230 and ride them both fairly aggressively. The fuel mileage is very similar between them also. One problem with the 150 is a very inaccurate speedo,it reads a good 10mph slow when cruising at 50 using a gps. Its the digital model.
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #47
Kmart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
The first tank of gas yielded a fascinating 108mpg on my PCX150. This was commuting and running errands at speeds between 25 and 50 mph. Very impressed so far. As an added bonus, other bikes dont waive at me so one less thing to worry about
Kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #48
InlineSkate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
After a 200 mile day trip I averaged 95mpg on mine. Doing mostly 55mph.
InlineSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #49
Southerner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart View Post
The first tank of gas yielded a fascinating 108mpg on my PCX150. This was commuting and running errands at speeds between 25 and 50 mph. Very impressed so far. As an added bonus, other bikes dont waive at me so one less thing to worry about
Funny. Very few scooter folks around here ever return a wave. The only one I can think of is one lady I sometimes meet who rides a yellow Tmax.

Outstanding mileage. im ready to trade in my Pacific Coast for a Fit, myself.
Southerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #50
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
Funny. Very few scooter folks around here ever return a wave. The only one I can think of is one lady I sometimes meet who rides a yellow Tmax.

Outstanding mileage. im ready to trade in my Pacific Coast for a Fit, myself.
here in Houston it appears that motorcyclists will wait until the scooter waves first and honestly I am 100% ok with that, I get it.
That said, inside the city waves are much more rare because we are concentrating on the road traffic.
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #51
vader1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
So has anyone determined the top speed of the PCX 150? Governed by the ECU like the 125, or just determined by power versus heft?
vader1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #52
InlineSkate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I've gotten lots of waves from motorcyclists. Cruisers in particular.

Kind of funny actually you'd think that those would be the people who would disregard a scooter.
InlineSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #53
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSkate View Post
I've gotten lots of waves from motorcyclists. Cruisers in particular.

Kind of funny actually you'd think that those would be the people who would disregard a scooter.
No, I get more waves from Harley riders than I do scooters. Whats up with that...

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #54
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,711
Most of the scooter riders around me are just using them for transportation. And by that I mean low income or DUI. They are not riding for fun so they don't have the same mentality or interests concerning waving as most of the riders on this forum do.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #55
Southerner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

That's probably the case here as well. I see very few scooterists around here that appear to be enthusiasts.

Southerner screwed with this post 07-25-2012 at 03:31 PM Reason: Can't type on the stupid smartphone "keyboard."
Old 07-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #56
forasong
n00b

Oddometer: 9
my PCX 150

Local dealer just got a red one in today, called me, and now it's mine. VIN shows it was the 119th built. Will have it on Friday morning.
forasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #57
Scootervillain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by forasong View Post
Local dealer just got a red one in today, called me, and now it's mine. VIN shows it was the 119th built. Will have it on Friday morning.
Congrats! Please let us know the pricing details if you don't mind...
Scootervillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #58
forasong
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Scootervillain,

I'm in Florida, and dealers are not offering the types of deals that Kmart and InlineSkate were able to get--probably because it's a new bike, supplies are very limited, and we can ride year 'round down here. The first two dealers I visited kept changing the prices and terms--and were as high as $4700 out the door. I wanted this scooter and was willing to pay a Florida premium, but no way was I going that high. I had pretty much given up on getting the 150 when a third dealer that I had contacted previously called today and said they just had a red one arrive this morning. At first the price was similar to the first two dealers' quotes, but this dealer was willing to negotiate a bit--which is surprising because he had two other guys who were interested in the bike if I didn't take it (my name was ahead of theirs on his list). The lowest he could go was $4400 out the door, and he had to be creative and move some numbers around to arrive at that figure. Here is the breakdown:

He couldn't waive/reduce freight or setup, so he lowered the base price to $3243.95.

Freight/setup combined came to $478.00

Electronic filing fee was $49.95

Dealer handling $199.00

Florida tire flat fee $2.00

Florida battery fee $1.50

Total bike price was $3974.40

Florida sales tax @ 7% was $278.20

Tag/title fee was $147.40 (Florida has a high first registration fee)

Grand total out the door was $4400.00--which was exactly what he said he could sell it to me for.

Again, I really wanted this scooter and I wanted to take advantage of the 1.99% Honda financing. That rate ends in 6 days, and this is the only red scooter that has hit local dealers (that I'm aware of), so I didn't try to negotiate beyond what they said they were willing to go. Plus, I really liked this dealership (compared to the first two), so we sealed the deal.

And finally, I was in an accident a year ago that totaled my Harley and nearly totaled me. I was broken up a bit, but otherwise extremely fortunate. I wanted to get back into riding, and this will be my first time on a bike since the accident. The dealer was going to have the scooter ready for me to ride home today, but my first time on it would have been in heavy traffic near malls, then state routes, etc.-- not the best way to get back in the saddle, especially when I'm used to shifting gears and the left lever is the clutch, not a combo rear/front brake. The dealer understood my concerns and agreed to deliver the scooter for free on Friday (almost a 50 mile round trip). That made me like the place even more.

Hope this info helps.
forasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #59
Southerner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

It does.

Flat tire fee?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #60
forasong
n00b