Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #46
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 853
Jon at Localheromx is awesome. He helped me a ton with my stuff last year. Great service, great quality and a local guy = perfect.

My preference is the graphics on the front so when I'm primping in front of the mirror I can give myself the Fonzie thumbs up and look at the shirt...but really I don't care. Whatever sells the most shirts is the right answer.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #47
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 701
Are the shirts going to stay team green colors even though you’re riding orange in the race its self? Not that it really matters because it’s still a sweet looking shirt!
dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #48
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxmike View Post
Are the shirts going to stay team green colors even though you’re riding orange in the race its self? Not that it really matters because it’s still a sweet looking shirt!
I know....seems like a conflict of interest :) But, yes, the colors will remain the same. We had to go with a design and stick with it.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #49
Rabbot
rain+superbike=adventure

Oddometer: 548
Eh? In

Wow late to the thread but I'm IN subscribed. Put my name on the t-shirt list too please.

Go Josh!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #50
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbot View Post
Wow late to the thread but I'm IN subscribed. Put my name on the t-shirt list too please.

Go Josh!
Thanks Rabbot. PM Sent.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #51
Rabbot
rain+superbike=adventure

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
Thanks Rabbot. PM Sent.
Replied
Old 06-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #52
lowbudget
_twin brothers on the go_

Oddometer: 322
Sounds awesome!

If there is anything I can do for you in Germany let me know. And if it´s only translating or helping with forms...

Where will the bike be shipped to? I could provide you with a garage until pickup...
Kawasaki: KLR 600 - #1 1984; #2 1989
KTM EXC 250 2012
Beta: 300RR 2014, Rev 3 270 2005
TM 144EN 2009
lowbudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #53
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
Sounds awesome!

If there is anything I can do for you in Germany let me know. And if it´s only translating or helping with forms...

Where will the bike be shipped to? I could provide you with a garage until pickup...
Thanks for the offer. That is very generous. The entire U.S. team ships their large container to the paddock at the actual event and then when all team members arrive, they unpack the container and begin to un-crate their individual bikes.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #54
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
We’ve been working closely with “Local Hero MX” (http://www.localheromx.com/) on a T-shirt design.
Save a Large for me!

Best of luck Josh and we'll see you guys in September!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #55
silverboy
Bunny

Oddometer: 544
Great story. I love the history.
Makes me really wish I had gone to Boise...
Im in for a shirt.

Steve Mcqueen
silverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #56
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the interest in the shirts. I'll send you each a PM and get details.

Josh raced the KTM in a local endurocross this past weekend and we're technically on vacation this week, but will be trying to get a lot of work done on the bike. A few updates coming.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #57
AZ Air Hd
Rider - NOT biker

Oddometer: 103
RE: Taylor Robert #33

Best of luck at ISDE. A bit of trivia - Taylor's Mom (Linda) maiden name was "Knight". They were at ISDE in Mexico (5days)... And Taylor plans to be in Germany with the senior team this year. All best to Josh, & Team USA!
AZ Air Hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #58
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Air Hd View Post
Best of luck at ISDE. A bit of trivia - Taylor's Mom (Linda) maiden name was "Knight". They were at ISDE in Mexico (5days)... And Taylor plans to be in Germany with the senior team this year. All best to Josh, & Team USA!
Are you Taylor's grandfather? Taylor and his parents were just around the corner from us at the hotel in Mexico in 2010 when we were there as a support crew. I enjoyed watching Taylor on the Jr. Team that year and was very impressed with him. I distinctly remember watching one of his first tire changes on one of the first days. He was one of the most efficient and fastest, even though he was one of the youngest.

Josh loves watching Taylor ride. I can't wait to see him tear it up this year with the Trophy team.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #59
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

When I last updated you, I mentioned that we had the new bike. Since that time, we’ve been busily making preparations for all the work we need to do on the new bike. As Murphy’s Law would have it, both of the KX 250F’s we own are down and out and are requiring a re-build.

Time is at a premium with all that is going on, but I need to get a good practice bike up and running for him. At the same time we need to be prepping the new bike and giving him a little ride time on the new bike without riding it too much and causing any damage or necessary repairs.

We had another Endurocross fairly local to us this past weekend that Josh raced last year and really wanted to race again this year. I conceded that he could ride the new bike.

It was a good opportunity to give it a real test in some tough conditions.

David Pearson showed up to race and it was fun for Josh to be banging bars with one of his heroes. Back in 2007 when Josh was 11, he attended a local riding school for the day put on by David Pearson in support of local Utah rider Bert Bradford who was participating in the ISDE that year in Chile. Ever since that time, David has been someone that Josh has looked up to and enjoyed watching .

Here Josh is being hounded by David’s cousin Tuffy Pearson in the pro main event.

Josh was rockin the headlight just for fun.

After all was said and done, Josh had a respectable finish in the Pro main event (he was doing great until he cartwheeled through the matrix and rung his bell pretty good), and bike and body survived.

It was then on to a week of family “vacation”. With all that has been going on, I was looking forward to a week out our family’s cabin in Island Park Idaho for the 4th of July holiday. I planned to spend my days off working on bikes and trying to get caught up.

Today we made a makeshift work area outside and went to work on trying to get some of the work completed on the bike.

Most of what we planned to get on today (Dirt Trix sprockets and rotors, Regina Z-ring chain, GPR stabilizer and top triple clamp, Bulletproof designs radiator guards, shark fin, and chain guide, new axle blocks, Turn Tech 2.5A battery, along with several other goodies (we didn’t get it all done).

Nothing like taking a drill and tap to your new swingarm. However, this BulletProof designs chain guard and new T.M. chain guide bolted up nicely and should help in the rocks.

New Zinc coated and hardened Dirt Trix rotors front and rear and BulletProof Designs shark fin.

And Bulletproof Designs radiator guards.

Most everything went together nicely, but there is still a lot to do.

We borrowed a friend’s Trials bike for some fun and a little cross-training. We had to take a few breaks during our 4th of July work session to enjoy our surroundings. Josh and little brothers are digging the Trials bike. This is great cross-training.

Josh is feeling comfortable with the bike. The biggest challenge at this time is just getting everything together in time before the end of the month comes to ship the bike. We are hosting a fund-raiser ride day at our local MX track in 2 ½ weeks and there is an incredible amount of work to be done in that time.

The shirts should be printed by next week and we’ll start to get them mailed to those who have expressed interest.

Thank you for all of the encouragement and kind words for Josh. Although much has been said about him, this has really been a family commitment and experience and I’m appreciative for how supportive they have been as well.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #60
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 853
On the edge of my seat watching this unfold. Thanks for keeping the thread updated.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote