Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 05:53 AM   #1
EzzySurf OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Let me introduce....mybike and self

Hi Mates,
Been lurking for too long on this forum during the years living in Europe (Denmark) and with no bike since my old Honda XL600R which i sold sometime in the mid 90'es. But made it to Australia last year and finally got myself a 2010 Yam Tenere, which I find brilliant for the bit of weekend riding i have done around Sydney. I have now decided to go on the big trip and getting ready for a September 14 departure from Sydney to Alice Springs return. So far the plan is to go from Sydney via Broken Hill, Flinders, Oodnadatta Tr to Alice Springs. I would appreciate any recommendations for must ride/see/do/stays/avoids on my way as I have never been to these parts of the country before. I am planning on camping as much as possible along the way. I am especially interested in what to expect between Sydney and Broken Hill, or whether its best to take the short route and spend more time from BH to Alice.
Let me know if anyone is heading in that same general direction around that time and we could catch up for a bit of riding and hydration
Cheers
Jesper
EzzySurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #2
panhead_pete
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,033
Welcome :) The Flinders is awesome. I missed the McDonnell Ranges last year which was disappointing as have heard they are awesome. Might be worth looking into.