Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #166
ikonoklass
Kountersteering Krew

Oddometer: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini
I wish they made the mesh in the bright blue. If they did I would have done a custom order.
I, too, would have gone with blue, had it been an option. I ordered a couple weeks ago, and still need to get him my measurements!
ikonoklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #167
chaserkeywest
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
My Mesh Jacket came in today,looks very good.
Just a few observations { not conplaints }

XL is not a big XL @ 220 its a little snug! but OK, as I need to drop 5-8 lbs
anyway.

The color they call "yellow" on the yellow and black combo is really safety LIME, again OK with me.

It will clash with my Nolan yellow flipup, I dont care, I hope car drivers see it and say "look at that ugly outfit Martha"

The only thing I would do differently is put the velcro wrist straps OVER the wrist zippers for more security.

This jacket is very, very well constructed
chaserkeywest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #168
ikonoklass
Kountersteering Krew

I'm 6' 1", 185 and my suits and sports jackets range anywhere from size 42 to 44. Any sense of what size that will put me in? I've ordered my stuff from Motoport, but still need to provide them with sizing. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #169
chaserkeywest
Gnarly Adventurer

Ikonoklass

I'd say your on the bubble, I'm the same size + 35lbs. 38 waist,big shoulders.

I'd guess a large for you.

My XL mesh JACKET would be fine for 195-215 lbs. "my guess"

I could not get a liner in my jacket @ my current 220

I dont want a liner.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #170
ikonoklass
Kountersteering Krew

Thanks for the response. That's about what I thought. Currently have a large Darien, which corresponds to a 43 regular, and it fits beautifully. Can't wait to get this stuff!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #171
d2mini
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
I'm 5'8", 165lbs and a 32" inseam. I was a little worried because Wayne said I needed a small! I've never worn a small anything, always medium. But i figured he knows his stuff. Just got the jacket yesterday and it is anything but small on me. Fits great and a medium would have been huge. This is without the liners. With the liners things tighten up a little but I haven't gone for a ride with it yet so I can't really comment any further. Just wanted to say give Wayne your measurements and he will send you the correct size.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #172
ON_the_DL
My safety's Harvard

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonoklass
I'm 6' 1", 185 and my suits and sports jackets range anywhere from size 42 to 44. Any sense of what size that will put me in? I've ordered my stuff from Motoport, but still need to provide them with sizing. Thanks.
I am 6'2" and 215lbs and wear a size large Ultra II Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket. This a 3/4 length jacket and the fit is very good. Not too tight and still plenty of room to add layers if needed. I still have not received the Ultra II mesh pants...as some of you know the 'production' run is going to take a bit more time. I plan to take pictures and do a write-up once I can test out the set.
ON_the_DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #173
ikonoklass
Kountersteering Krew

OK, so it sounds like I very well may be a medium. Thanks for all the input, everybody!
Old 07-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #174
ON_the_DL
My safety's Harvard

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
OK, so it sounds like I very well may be a medium. Thanks for all the input, everybody!
Have you asked Wayne from motoport? I just told him what size sport coat I wear...or something like that...
ON_the_DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #175
todd_fuller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
I was in the same boat as you. I called and Wayne recommended a large, however, I wasn't so sure that would be the right size, so I got a medium Ultra II Mesh jacket. (This was all off-the-rack, so waiting was just for shipping.) For whatever reason, they sent me a large. I had them send me the size I ordered. So I had the chance to try on both a medium and large back to back. Let me give you an idea of my size. I'm 6'1", 180-185, pretty athletic build but not a huge chest (i'm a cyclist). I measured out to 42.5" and wear a 42-44 sport coat. I did not purchase the liners as I can buy a used Aerostich for the same price as pant and jacket liners! I also have a decent closet full of high-quality hiking gear, so plenty of windproof insulating garmets to choose from for colder days.

I found that with the large, there was PLENTY of room, for me, it felt like too much room. Unless I planned on wearing a down jacket underneath, I didn't imagine I'd ever use up the extra space. I also had concerns about how the jacket might move around in the event of an accident. The armor was properly placed though. To get the large jacket to fit somewhat snuggly, I had to use up ALL of the velcro side adjustment.

The medium was much better suited to me. Arm length is fine, perhaps 5mm shorter than the large. I can sinch down the velco side adjustment for a very snug fit. All the armor is properly placed and isn't easily moved when in a riding position. I tried it on with a soft-shell jacket on and I believe I'd be able to easily fit another vest on over that if necessary.

Hopefully this helps.
todd_fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #176
ikonoklass
Kountersteering Krew

Yes, it does. Sounds like we're very similar in size.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #177
chaserkeywest
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm back with a report after 700 mile trip in south Florida heat and extreem
humidity.

I find the Mesh jacket cool enough, not as much air flow as a Joe Rocket mesh but we knew that going in.

I'm sure this jacket will hold up much better than the JR.in a git off.

I would compare the air flow as being about as much as a perf. leather jacket, I was hoping for a little better.

The cuff configuration/materal I find to be troublesome and difficult to stuff into my cuffed moto gloves, real pain in the arse.

I had to remove the chest pads as they restict to much air movement in extreem conditions.

Having said all this I believe this to be the best Mesh Moto jacket on the market.

Next week I go north 1400 miles and back in a few weeks, probably a 4500 total mile trip, we'll see !
Old 07-17-2006, 10:10 AM   #178
Timido
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I like mine last night on the way to work it felt like the air was on. Where is you 1400 mile trip to? You should feel at home its about 95 today in ohio
Timido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #179
chaserkeywest
Gnarly Adventurer

Up from Key West through Deals Gap-Blue Ridge into Ohio for Mid Ohio Super Bike Classic and some work in Kent.

back down to Key West in 3 weeks.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:16 AM   #180
ra2bach
drive-by poster

Oddometer: 4,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaserkeywest
Up from Key West through Deals Gap-Blue Ridge into Ohio for Mid Ohio Super Bike Classic and some work in Kent.

back down to Key West in 3 weeks.
Is that for the Mid-Ohio Vintage Days next weekend? I'm in Atlanta and looking for someone to ride up with. If you're passing through I could jump in with you or if you plan to make a stop here I could put you up and we could leave in the AM. I plan to leave Thursday 7/27 staying Th, Fr, Sa, returning Sunday.

"having dreams to look forward to slows time..."

-- Freeflow

ra2bach is offline   Reply With Quote