ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2006, 05:15 PM   #271
malmon
unknown noobody
 
malmon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Space Truckin', MD
Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat
I have some big pictures motorport sent to me. Give me your email address and I'll send them.

There's a model called Riva AX, which is also short / waistlength like the GP jacket; it costs more but I can't see what the difference is - it's not clear from the descriptions.
Yes, I wish the guy would get someone to sort out the website.
can you send me some of the pictures, e-mail pm'd.

Thanks
__________________
ride life Adventurously, try local food...always a noob...
96 Suzuki DR650, Gen1 FZ1 touring set-up
Used to play with Elsinore 250MT, DT125, 650gs, shadow, magna, gpz, 50cc scooter...
http://malmonfz1.imgur.com/
malmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #272
PizzaHog
Thought Criminal
 
PizzaHog's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Left Coast, CA
Oddometer: 2,775
I've got a bunch of pix - sending them to orgthtogod and midnight rider right now. Let me know if anyone else wants them, or if they're 205.

FWIW, I have the 3/4 UKII jacket and love it.

PH
__________________
"For just as the Constitution is not a suicide pact, neither is there an obligation in the civil society to go meekly to one’s death at the state’s behest, or to satisfy its lust for absolute control over its citizens." Michael Walsh
PizzaHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:40 PM   #273
cat
Beastly Adventurer
 
cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Durban, South Africa.
Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rider
I would like to get pics anybody can send. I can't get to the motoport website and I can't seem to see the pics already in this post. If you could send them to dongroff@gmail.com
thanks
dg
Sent. The price is you give us feedback when - if - you buy.
__________________

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #274
cat
Beastly Adventurer
 
cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Durban, South Africa.
Oddometer: 1,323
contribute

Please, everyone, post pictures and feedback/opinions. This thread is the place for information on motoport gear - you'll find nothing else substantial if you search. All you "lurkers" who have motoport gear, please register and tell us about it.
__________________

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:07 PM   #275
orgthtogod
Gnarly Adventurer
 
orgthtogod's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 173
Picture of "waist cut"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonoklass
Yes, I have that jacket (waist-cut). I'll see what I can do about getting a picture up in a day or two.
Hey... any chance of gettin that pic yet?
orgthtogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #276
ON_the_DL
My safety's Harvard
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaserkeywest
Yes thanks, I have about 5,000 miles on the Mesh jacket and other then the the fact that I cant get the bulkie cuffs into my gloves, and I find a somewhat fussy main zipper.
I could be wrong but this is my philosphy on gloves, gauntlets and cuffs:

The glove gauntlet goes inside the cuff. This eliminates the fit issue and in the case of Motoport Mesh all 3 pairs or my gloves fit fine. I think this is the way the design is meant to work...?

Another side benefit of wearing the cuff over the gauntlet is when it rains water can't run down the arm to the cuff and under the gauntlet. fwiw
__________________
DL10002K5
San Diego, CA
ON_the_DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #277
djg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: western wi
Oddometer: 461
riva vs gp2 jacket

According to a phone conversation with Wayne Boyer, the riva and gp2 are very similar. The riva has pockets with button down flaps, the gp2 has zippers. The gp2 has double thickness stretch kevlar over about 64% of its area.

After my conversation, I ordered a gp2 with single layer construction. I do not like the flap pockets. Wayne said double layer construction compromises airflow significantly, and is more race oriented, as in when you want to keep racing after crashing. You still have another layer.
djg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:57 PM   #278
cat
Beastly Adventurer
 
cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Durban, South Africa.
Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by djg
According to a phone conversation with Wayne Boyer, the riva and gp2 are very similar. The riva has pockets with button down flaps, the gp2 has zippers. The gp2 has double thickness stretch kevlar over about 64% of its area.

After my conversation, I ordered a gp2 with single layer construction. I do not like the flap pockets. Wayne said double layer construction compromises airflow significantly, and is more race oriented, as in when you want to keep racing after crashing. You still have another layer.
Thanks. The double layer protection is what I want. Why, though, is the Riva - apparently - $100 more?
__________________

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:48 AM   #279
sti-51
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: central CT
Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat
Thanks. The double layer protection is what I want. Why, though, is the Riva - apparently - $100 more?
Hmmm, it's only $30 more on the website. I wonder if there was a mix up in the prices quoted to you.
__________________
2006 Ducati MTS 1000S (Red)

Homer: A woman is a lot like a refrigerator. 6 feet tall, 300 lbs... it makes ice.
sti-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #280
GSWayne
Old Guy nOOb
 
GSWayne's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Santa Barbara
Oddometer: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat
Please, everyone, post pictures and feedback/opinions. This thread is the place for information on motoport gear - you'll find nothing else substantial if you search. All you "lurkers" who have motoport gear, please register and tell us about it.
I have had the Ultra II Stretch Kevlar Jacket and pants for about 9 months. I also have a pair of the jeans style pants, that I don't wear very often. I didn't buy any of the liners as I prefer outer rain gear and I have a Warm n Safe heated jacket to take care of cold weather. I have ridden about 10,000 miles in the gear in temperatures from rain in the low 30's up to 110F. In temperatures over about 90 I wet a cotton shirt I wear underneath it and as long as I am moving I am very comfortable. (this is west coast low humidity heat, I don't know how it would do in Mississippi in the summer) At the low end the outer rain jacket and heated liner also kept me comfortable. The gear is light weight and easy to move in compared to leather, but is bulky to store because of the armor. The armor stiffens up the jeans considerably, so I wouldn't claim they are as comfortable as regular jeans. The pockets are handy to empty my tank bag into when we go into a restaurant and I don't want to remove the bag.

__________________
It isn't the conditions its the decisions

Don't bring a motorcycle to a car fight
GSWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #281
Repko
Adventurer wantabe
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Laguna Niguel, So Ca
Oddometer: 538
Motoport

Ok, I've said this several times but here it goes. The stretch Kevlar material Motoport uses is AMAZING! They are tha same a GS Wayne has on in the picture on this page. Unbelievably comfortable in warm to hot weather. Then simply use some light Long-johns under if needed for cold. My Ultra Kevlar II pants came about 3 weeks ago, after waiting about 9 weeks after ordering. I too was very sceptical but never looked back!!!! after trying them on! I've been riding since my Hodaka 125 in 1973 & have used any & all diffrent clothing including Draggin Jeans. NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THE ULTRA KEVLAR CLOTHING! In my opinion.
I was stopped on the side of the road in Tujunga canyon Saturday & a guy pulled over wearing the same thing. He spotted my Motoport pants & had to stop to rave over them. That's the second time I've seen them other than the web. These guys liked their Motoport clothing VERY WELL too!

Cheers!
__________________
Possibly a GSA someday.
04 KTM 525 EXC street legal
& 29 other bikes since 1974
Amazing love (grace) how can it be, that you my king would die for me?

Repko screwed with this post 08-26-2007 at 01:21 AM
Repko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #282
Repko
Adventurer wantabe
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Laguna Niguel, So Ca
Oddometer: 538
Mesh motoport vs stretch Kevlar

The stretch Kevlar is very comfortable here in so Ca warm weather! I believe the comfort of the stretch kevlar to be much better than the mesh from what I gather. Several other letters on this site say the same thing. "Wish I had the stretch kevlar" I get hot in a heartbeet riding most of the time. I wear the motoport kevlar, instead of my Tour master mesh clothing all the time now. Like I keep saying, the comfort of the Ultra Kevlar II is, well amazing!

& by the way, yes they are much cooler than jeans, ***Cotton sucks!!!***

Let me say that not many things impress me in this life! 3 things that do impress me are. Gods grace in my pathetic life! The V-Strom-650 & Motoport Kevlar pants!

Cheers! let's ride
__________________
Possibly a GSA someday.
04 KTM 525 EXC street legal
& 29 other bikes since 1974
Amazing love (grace) how can it be, that you my king would die for me?

Repko screwed with this post 06-18-2007 at 10:18 PM
Repko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:46 PM   #283
sti-51
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: central CT
Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWayne
I have had the Ultra II Stretch Kevlar Jacket and pants for about 9 months. I also have a pair of the jeans style pants, that I don't wear very often. I didn't buy any of the liners as I prefer outer rain gear and I have a Warm n Safe heated jacket to take care of cold weather. I have ridden about 10,000 miles in the gear in temperatures from rain in the low 30's up to 110F. In temperatures over about 90 I wet a cotton shirt I wear underneath it and as long as I am moving I am very comfortable. (this is west coast low humidity heat, I don't know how it would do in Mississippi in the summer) At the low end the outer rain jacket and heated liner also kept me comfortable. The gear is light weight and easy to move in compared to leather, but is bulky to store because of the armor. The armor stiffens up the jeans considerably, so I wouldn't claim they are as comfortable as regular jeans. The pockets are handy to empty my tank bag into when we go into a restaurant and I don't want to remove the bag.


GSWayne, is that the suit with or without the liners in it?

Edit: Sorry, just read that you didn't buy the liners!
__________________
2006 Ducati MTS 1000S (Red)

Homer: A woman is a lot like a refrigerator. 6 feet tall, 300 lbs... it makes ice.
sti-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:21 PM   #284
GSWayne
Old Guy nOOb
 
GSWayne's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Santa Barbara
Oddometer: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by sti-51
GSWayne, is that the suit with or without the liners in it?

Edit: Sorry, just read that you didn't buy the liners!
I was wearing a long sleeve t-shrit and a Warm-n-Safe jacket underneath it, you can see the cord hanging out.
__________________
It isn't the conditions its the decisions

Don't bring a motorcycle to a car fight
GSWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #285
PizzaHog
Thought Criminal
 
PizzaHog's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Left Coast, CA
Oddometer: 2,775
Pix...

...pix, pix. I have a few, it's too big of a pain to post 'em. PM?give me an e-mail, and I'll get them to you.

I think I've said in a few other threads how much I love my Motoport Mesh Kevlar jacket - I've only put a few miles on my Mesh pants, and seem just as good: heat, cold, rain. Simply no complaints.

PH
__________________
"For just as the Constitution is not a suicide pact, neither is there an obligation in the civil society to go meekly to one’s death at the state’s behest, or to satisfy its lust for absolute control over its citizens." Michael Walsh
PizzaHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014