Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #811
bootzilla
Blah Blah, Woof Woof

Oddometer: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigmanG/S
The important question is......................Do these pants make my butt look fast?
Awesome that your stuff arrived - that means my wait is almost over, too...hope mine comes out the way I have hoped...

5 Different Nachos
bootzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #812
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc
I was wondering about the length of the jacket. Looks good shorter. I found I rarely use the upper pockets, but use the lowers all the time. It's great being able to customize this gear.

Mark B.
Wayne talked me out of the bottom pockets for reasons stated. I guess I'll have no choice but to use the top pockets!
Like I stated before, I didn't like sitting on the bottom of the Oly. AST. It did hurt my rear after about a half hour in the saddle. I kept having to tug it out from the seat every time I got off and on the bike. It was a hassle. This length is perfect. It sits just above the seat. But I may miss having the bottom pockets, only time will tell and YES it IS nice to be able to have the gear custom made. If I were to order all the things I wanted in my gear from Stitch it would have cost much more.
wrigmanG/S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #813
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootzilla
Awesome that your stuff arrived - that means my wait is almost over, too...hope mine comes out the way I have hoped...
I thought you were ahead of me! What the heck happened??
Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #814
bootzilla
Blah Blah, Woof Woof

Oddometer: 553
Quote:
I thought you were ahead of me! What the heck happened??
lol...wish I knew! I gotta give 'em a call tomorrow to see what's up...

5 Different Nachos
bootzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #815
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

After seven days.

I've had my Ultra II gear now for seven days. I have been able to ride in temps between the upper 40's to mid 90's and I have to say, I'm impressed!
I wore a Vanson vest and short sleeve T shirt under the jacket in the upper 40's and was just fine, not too cold, not too hot. I have to say THAT blew me away. I had the liner and a thin jacket ready to go in, but never needed them. I could feel the cool air coming through the jacket but, somehow I stayed comfortable. I can't explain that.
The weather here in the fall can never make up it's mind what it's going to do. One day it's in the 80's - 90's, the next it's in the 60's - 70's.
I got a chance to Split lanes while the temps were in the mid 90's. The 91 fwy for those that don't know is our little jewel that connects the inland empire to Orange county, so every day is a holiday on the 91 at 4:00 - 7:00PM. When I would ride home from work in my Stich pants and Oly mesh jacket, by the time I got home I was in a sauna.(or at least that is how it feels) But in the Cycleport stretch Kevlar ultra II, I did get a little warm at long lights(maybe the stich was training for this) but as soon as I get going again I'd cool off. By the time I pulled up in the driveway my body temp was fine and I didn't have to try to take off hot sweaty gear. Even my wife noticed that I wasn't a "ball of sweat" when the gear came off.
Even though Wayne Say's he would put you in a mesh Kevlar suit(and I have no doubt that he knows what he's talking about) If you ride in Cordura gear in a hot but mostly DRY area of the country, your body has been trained (IMHO)to be hot. Check out the stretch Kevlar gear it breaths very well,and keeps your body temp regulated well. I think you'll like it. If you don't, Wayne gives you 30 day's to change your mind. You can't beat that kind of service!

wrigmanG/S screwed with this post 10-18-2008 at 10:19 AM
Old 10-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #816
CopaMundial
Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer: 1,002
Wingman did you get the Quad armor?

The Quad armor in my Mesh jacket formed to me nicely on the very first day, mostly because the arm armor is easily held in place with the velcro straps.
The quad armor in the stretch kevlar pants took a little bit of effort to get it broken in correctly. I still wasn't satisfied with the fit of the armor after my first couple of ride because I didn't have anything to hold it snug while riding. So I wore the pants around the house for a few hours with elastic bandages wrapped around my legs. That got the knee and thigh armor shaped up pretty good.
CopaMundial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #817
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopaMundial
Wingman did you get the Quad armor?

The Quad armor in my Mesh jacket formed to me nicely on the very first day, mostly because the arm armor is easily held in place with the velcro straps.
The quad armor in the stretch kevlar pants took a little bit of effort to get it broken in correctly. I still wasn't satisfied with the fit of the armor after my first couple of ride because I didn't have anything to hold it snug while riding. So I wore the pants around the house for a few hours with elastic bandages wrapped around my legs. That got the knee and thigh armor shaped up pretty good.
I didn't get the quad armor. At some point I was thinking of getting the Quad armor for the back. I wasn't quite sure how well the other pieces would work for me, but after seeing this I might consider getting the rest.
Thanks for the tip on the thigh armor forming! It hasn't gotten there yet and I was thinking of trimming it. I'll give your method a try first!
All the other armor is forming up very well.
Thanks!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #818
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

Moved knee armor up

After riding the gear for a couple of weeks it was evident that the knee armor was a tad too low in the pants. I called Motoport and was put through to Wayne. I explained my problem to him. He told me that there would be a $19.00 fee to relocate the armor. I explained to him that my measurements were taken in house. He didn't even hesitate when he said that if he did the measurements, then there was no fee and I could come in and have the correction made, just let him know ahead of time when I would be in so he could make the time to do it. I told him that I would be in, in a week.
I made it to his shop by 10:30 am. Wayne met me and marked where the armor needed to be while I sat on my bike. The pants were turned over to a member of his crew and he got right to work. I then asked if it would be too much trouble to add the bottom pockets to my (shorter) jacket. I explained that I didn't think at the time of ordering that they would be missed, but they were.(MY blowit!) He asked the person making the correction to the knee armor if he had time to add the pockets, he said he had no problem if I had the time to wait. I explained that I didn't think I would be out of there in ten min., that I brought my Kermit chair, a cigar and two magazines. I had time!! It took about an hour or so(I wasn't keeping track of time)and my pants and jacket were done!! Now the armor is perfect AND I have two more pockets on the jacket(MUCH BETTER), even though because of the shorter length of the jacket, the pockets are short. No big deal!!
Through it all Wayne and his crew were super cool about it all. This IS FIRST RATE SERVICE!! I think it is a shame that some wanna-be motojournalist with an over inflated ego, that can't use a tape measure would try to,at every chance given, destroy a good business with a hyper critical blog/thread post. A shame I tell ya. I wouldn't recommend anyone put much stock in anything someone like that has to say. In other words, don't let it sway you from protecting yourself with this great cycle gear.

Thanks Wayne and crew, you guy's out did your selves.

A couple of pic's.

Before
[IMG][/IMG]
After
[IMG][/IMG]

wrigmanG/S screwed with this post 10-22-2008 at 09:40 PM
Old 10-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #819
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootzilla
lol...wish I knew! I gotta give 'em a call tomorrow to see what's up...
Guess he must have gotten his stuff and is giving it one HELL of a ride before he post's up!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #820
uncreative
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
So if they can't get it right when they measure in-house, how are us non-seamstressers supposed to get it right?

Quote:
After riding the gear for a couple of weeks it was evident that the knee armor was a tad too low in the pants. I called Motoport and was put through to Wayne. I explained my problem to him. He told me that there would be a $19.00 fee to relocate the armor. I explained to him that my measurements were taken in house.
uncreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #821
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncreative
So if they can't get it right when they measure in-house, how are us non-seamstressers supposed to get it right?

Somehow I managed to follow the instructions on the web site, and get the knee armor in the correct spot.

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #822
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncreative
I dunno. I think things just get jumbled around sometimes. I've seen many posts on this thread where folks have followed the guidelines and have come out just fine(the vast majority), but my knee armor wasn't that far off.(Just about half way over my knee cap) When I called to tell them it was off, I asked if I could take care of it myself by putting a few stitches in the mesh under the armor. Wayne said that would be fine, but because I lived so close, I should just come on in and have them do it. I'm glad I did, it gave me the idea of having the jackets bottom pockets installed.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #823
Galroc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
My gear just arrived!

I got the stretch kevlar II riding jacket and pants. I got all the liners.

As options I got the pocket on the right sleeve and the reflecting stripe down the arms.

It took about 5 weeks from when I ordered to when I received it.

Everything looks well made. How much Velcro and how many zippers can someone put on one piece of garment?

The jacket fits especially well. It is tight and snug when I put both liners in (rain and insulation), a bit looser without the liners.

The pants are a bit baggy in the thigh, butt area, but less so when the liners are in. I can see the pants being very conformable when sitting on a motorcycle.

Maybe I will take some pictures and upload them later.
Galroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #824
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

Yep, my pants are a bit baggy too in the same places. But they DO feel good once on the bike. I have had to trim down the thigh armor to avoid sitting on it while ridding. I have to say that after ridding in the gear for four weeks I'm happy as hell with it.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 AM   #825
Galroc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
I rode to work today with my new motoport gear. It is about a 35 minute ride and it started out at 33F at my house and ended up at 40F at work. My wife took a photo of me before I left and hopefully I will get that online soon.

I used the insulating/rain liners for the jacket, but not the liner for the pants. The liner for the pants is just a rain liner. Underneath I was just wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans.

I was comfortable in the chest/arms. My thighs got a little cold. I could see using insulating long underwear if it got colder than 30F or I could put in the rain liner to see if it adds a bit of warmth.

My hands were coldest and I was using BMW Winter gloves that I just bought (Read: Overpaid). The bike has heated grips, but the heat didn't seem to transfer well, and the tips of my fingers remained cold. I will have to find a solution for this, like hippo hands.

I am gearing up and motorcycle boots is the last thing I need to purchase. When I post the photo, you will see me in regular shoes on the motorcycle, so don't laugh. I have settled on TCX Infinity's and I need to order them now.
Attached Images

Galroc screwed with this post 11-12-2008 at 07:56 AM
Galroc is offline   Reply With Quote