Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Next stop Chateau Lescombes in Margaux.
Another very good wine
Here is their library with wines dating back to the 1880's
OK, I'll admit it, I love wine. But, I don't know sh... as what's good and what's bad. So, here's my question: other than for posterity sake, how good could a wine be from the 1880's?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Old 07-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #3422
EOD-KTM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
What a great trip, I just read from the beginning! Took me 3 days, because you made me get on my bike and go for a ride. I will be riding the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route with some buddies in early Aug. I really want to get down to Copper Canyon in the next few years and ride to Cabo next year. Thank for a great trip report and keep it coming!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #3423
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDub View Post
I'm finally all caught up!

I just discovered this thread on Sunday evening. It took me a big chunk of three evenings plus a couple hours at work to get through the whole thing.

Your blog has been a great read. You are great at telling the story, in both words and pictures.

I just wanted to post up and say thanks for the time and effort you have put into sharing your travels with us. I'm sure it's not always easy finding a solid internet connection (not to mention the time) to upload all those photos, but we appreciate it.
If I always was connected to the internet, my blog could be so much better.
I could send live video as the events unfold. Like last night.......me setting up my hammock and sleeping in the vineyards between Chateau Lafite and Chateau Mouton. Those are the top two wineries in Bordeaux and their wines sell for in excess of $1000 a bottle. And now I can say I slept at those Chateaus. And there is no security or fences there because nobody does that kind of shit. I had to clear out early because the workera started early. So I am really tired now.
Thanks for the kind words.
Now off to more wineries here on my last day in Bordeaux
L
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #3424
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapi View Post
Still here brah and loving it. Love the unvarnished Ed...as if there is another version! Agree we are the world's police force. They riot and burn flags when we are not there to help. They riot and burn flags when we stay to keep the peace. Love hate. I am ok with that as you can't please everyone. I lived in Europe and loved most of it. But there is no doubt there is a strong sentiment from a lot of European's that they are better than us. The fact is we all bleed red, we love our family and way of life. The best thing about America is freedom. Freedom to walk where you want, say what you want, and read what you want. Don't like wine, stop reading, don't like Ed's nip slip pics, stop reading(actually I almost had to abandon the blog after seeing those pics) stop reading, dislike what Ed says about your country, welcome to how most American's feel when we turn on the "world" news and read in your news papers and see/read the anti-American sentiment. Ride on amigo and KCCO!

Its unvarnished Lalo now
Trust me on this one..........i have the filter on my blog. If you want to hear the whole story, we need to be sitting together in the same room alone and drinking some good wine. Then you can hear about the stories I edit out.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #3425
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
OK, I'll admit it, I love wine. But, I don't know sh... as what's good and what's bad. So, here's my question: other than for posterity sake, how good could a wine be from the 1880's?

Most anything in the 1800s would be long dead.
But there are some wines where everything was perfect and I hear they are still youthful......like the 1900 Margaux.
But most wine is made to drink now.
Some wines like Bordeaux are best after 20 years. But those are only the top wines like what I have been tasting this week.

So any wine from the 1800s is more of a novelty for collectors and will never be opened at this point.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #3426
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD-KTM View Post
What a great trip, I just read from the beginning! Took me 3 days, because you made me get on my bike and go for a ride. I will be riding the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route with some buddies in early Aug. I really want to get down to Copper Canyon in the next few years and ride to Cabo next year. Thank for a great trip report and keep it coming!

Copper cyn is a must do for any motorcyclist.
And Cabo both on and off road should also be on your bucket list every year.
October is the best month to go for both so start planning now
Old 07-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #3427
Rodsbike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Ok then
I have a joke for you.......
Did you hear about the new South African tank with seven speeds...............?
Lol

OK I'll bite. 1 forward and 6 reverse?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #3428
ully211
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Un-friggin-believable

I've spent the past three days at work reading this blog (and getting absolutely NOTHING done I may add) and I have to say this is the COOLEST thing I've ever read.

Lalo, you are literally inspiring me to get off my 53-yr old butt and go do something FUN!!!! I can't thank you enough for posting this INCREDIBLE story and allowing us to share in your wonderful journey.

And as for the all of the folks who were COMPLETLY overreacting to all of the military opinions a few pages ago ... LET IT GO!!!! I spent 30 years in the US Navy and the ability to say what you want to say WHEN you want to say it is one of the PRIMARY rights we are defending. I've lost some of my closest friends in the world during my career, and they would say the exact same thing ...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #3429
TimoTheFrench
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hey, welcome to France

Very nice RR.

I hope you enjoyed the région of Bordeaux . It's a very beautiful place.

I don't know where you want to go but Nearest you, you have "La Dune du Pillât ( http://www.dune-pyla.com/en/) and the Arcachon bay.

After, if you go to the north, you can visit the Town of La Rochelle AND the Island of Noirmoutier With Is road covered at high tide (http://www.passagedugois.com/crbst_5.html).

Tim
Old 07-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #3430
Travis Lutter
MMA

Oddometer: 71
Why October vs November?
Old 07-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #3431
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodsbike View Post
OK I'll bite. 1 forward and 6 reverse?
You're learning
Lol
Old 07-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #3432
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Lutter View Post
Why October vs November?
Starts to get real cold in Creel in November
I know thats when I went

And the water is still warm to swim in Cabo but the air is not as hot
Old 07-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #3433
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ully211 View Post
I've spent the past three days at work reading this blog (and getting absolutely NOTHING done I may add) and I have to say this is the COOLEST thing I've ever read.

Lalo, you are literally inspiring me to get off my 53-yr old butt and go do something FUN!!!! I can't thank you enough for posting this INCREDIBLE story and allowing us to share in your wonderful journey.

And as for the all of the folks who were COMPLETLY overreacting to all of the military opinions a few pages ago ... LET IT GO!!!! I spent 30 years in the US Navy and the ability to say what you want to say WHEN you want to say it is one of the PRIMARY rights we are defending. I've lost some of my closest friends in the world during my career, and they would say the exact same thing ...
The US government should pay me not to blog so all you guys can get some work done and stop stacking off at work........he he he
Old 07-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #3434
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimoTheFrench View Post
Hey, welcome to France

Very nice RR.

I hope you enjoyed the région of Bordeaux . It's a very beautiful place.

I don't know where you want to go but Nearest you, you have "La Dune du Pillât ( http://www.dune-pyla.com/en/) and the Arcachon bay.

After, if you go to the north, you can visit the Town of La Rochelle AND the Island of Noirmoutier With Is road covered at high tide (http://www.passagedugois.com/crbst_5.html).

Right
Tim

Right now I am heading north east to Burgundy.
Any tips that way?

& glad to see I still have some French friends out there.
I am loving it here

Btw.........did you hear about the new six speed French tank?

He he he
Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #3435
TimoTheFrench
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
If you go to the Bourgogne ni french, you need to visit the Hospice de Beaunes.

And the road of wine ( i think you Know this link )

http://www.road-of-the-fine-burgundy-wines.com/

Ed if you have enouth time, you CAN visit the région where we product the Champagne
http://www.champagne-ardenne-tourism...e/default.aspx

For the 6 speeds french tank i Know
Closed Thread