Oddometer: 4,624
Final chapter......let's finish the book now

removed

flyingdutchman177 screwed with this post 08-03-2013 at 06:17 AM
Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #3602
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,561
aww damn man, freaking scorned wimmins. been there, done that but i dont think i ever had as cool a collection of stuff! lots of us willing to do whatever we can to help Lalo, just say the word.

on the upside, it's less shit to have to ship to Lima. (just kidding)

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
Old 07-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #3603
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 738
Tell me about it! My ex still have my stuff I'd like back too.. but she just wouldn't give it back.. made me wonder if she consider these stuff trophies??? Even my old school classmate is in relationship with my ex's sister and the plead have failed.

So for me, I said fuck it and bought new stuff replacing these stuff. Fuck her..

Good luck with your!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #3604
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
aww damn man, freaking scorned wimmins. been there, done that but i dont think i ever had as cool a collection of stuff! lots of us willing to do whatever we can to help Lalo, just say the word.

on the upside, it's less shit to have to ship to Lima. (just kidding)
Anything????
Do you own a gun?
LOL
Old 07-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #3605
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
Tell me about it! My ex still have my stuff I'd like back too.. but she just wouldn't give it back.. made me wonder if she consider these stuff trophies??? Even my old school classmate is in relationship with my ex's sister and the plead have failed.

So for me, I said fuck it and bought new stuff replacing these stuff. Fuck her..

Good luck with your!

Look at the bright side, you made out with your bike and your balls intact.
And yes, I am at that point too......fuck it!
But I feel your pain nontheless
Old 07-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #3606
Hunter-Douglas
rube

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I was going back and reading some of my reports and found this post.
I didn't see this one coming. And now I am back in Peru. It is funny the twists and turns life takes.
My experience as well, within the climbing community at least. I remember climbing with a Swiss guy I met at a crag in Idaho for a couple days. One year later, the only other guys I see hiking around the gorge near Bishop on the given day are him and his buddy. Now, as a matter of fact, turns out he just moved to my area.

That being said, I'm not surprised that you've had a similar experience. Wandering climbers and wandering bikers are not so different. Vagabonding is vagabonding, no matter what the method. And it seems like a small percentage of the overall population that's willing to wander with no immediate, foreseeable destination or schedule in mind. Small world indeed.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #3607
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter-Douglas View Post
My experience as well, within the climbing community at least. I remember climbing with a Swiss guy I met at a crag in Idaho for a couple days. One year later, the only other guys I see hiking around the gorge near Bishop on the given day are him and his buddy. Now, as a matter of fact, turns out he just moved to my area.

That being said, I'm not surprised that you've had a similar experience. Wandering climbers and wandering bikers are not so different. Vagabonding is vagabonding, no matter what the method. And it seems like a small percentage of the overall population that's willing to wander with no immediate, foreseeable destination or schedule in mind. Small world indeed.
Totally agree
Liked minded people will seek out and find each other.
Opposites don't attract.........they keep your shit as a trophy and cause you grief
Old 07-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #3608
Patrol
VALE 46!

Oddometer: 1,355
I'm very late to the party. Discovered this RR 48 hours ago. I'm on page 88. Thank God I have a private office because I've lolly-gagged for two full days at work. When the hot blonde hostel owner (Lis?) popped up after the breakup I thought you'd put down roots right there. Best RR ever.

Ok I'm going back to page 88. Thanks for this.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #3609
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
I'm very late to the party. Discovered this RR 48 hours ago. I'm on page 88. Thank God I have a private office because I've lolly-gagged for two full days at work. When the hot blonde hostel owner (Lis?) popped up after the breakup I thought you'd put down roots right there. Best RR ever.

Ok I'm going back to page 88. Thanks for this.
LOL
That seems like such a long time ago.
If I would known my ex and I were really finished at that point, I would have made a move on that cute Hostel owner in Costa Rica......what I dummy I was
Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #3610
70East
Rags,Wrenches&Ramen

Oddometer: 117
Just be lucky she didn't let her new man diddle dick with your 19? (cough; choke) bikes. As they say shit happens, suck it up and drive on (just like you have) with a grin, half closed eyes and a head bob.

Your thread rocks.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #3611
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox8 View Post
Just be lucky she didn't let her new man diddle dick with your 19? (cough; choke) bikes. As they say shit happens, suck it up and drive on (just like you have) with a grin, half closed eyes and a head bob.

Your thread rocks.

I sold some to make this trip happen and bought one (the BMW GS)
Fortunately the best motos were stored elsewhere
And right now, I am sure none would start anyway considering the batteries are surely dead and carbs are gunked up.

flyingdutchman177 screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 12:55 PM
Old 07-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #3612
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Here is one my favorite bikes
I moved it out of my ex GF's house before I left.
One of my smarter moves

flyingdutchman177 screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 12:57 PM
Old 07-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #3613
LUVMYDR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
I was able to have my friends move my stuff out of my ex GF's house about a month and a half ago.
It involved moving 2 containers loaded with some furniture, household possessions, a car, my wine collection and about a dozen classic European motorcycles.
But I have found out that some of my stuff did not get moved.
I have been asking my ex GF to allow my friend to pick up the remainder of my stuff (which includes some motorcycle and camping gear and my original birth certificate) but she insists that I pay her more money.
I just don't understand her.
I spent $6000 to buy the containers to store my things with the long term intent to be with her. It would have been much more cost effective to just rent a storage space (and in hindsight, it would have been a lot wiser too).
I have paid her $600 so far.
And I paid over $1000 to move my containers.
So I have spent $9000 to date
Plus I paid for her vacation and airfare to Mexico last year.
Let me remind you that she was the one that ended our relationship and started dating again back in January.
She asked that I get my stuff out by June 1st which I said I would.
I removed my things in the first week of June only because she was out of town the last week of May.
And everything was friendly until I met Kathe in April and posted some pictures of her and I on my blog.
And that is when things turned.
She threatened to drink my wine .........."wine party, who's in"
And then she made up the terms of a contract that never existed or was discussed and demanded money for storage fees including late charges.
She wanted over $2500 which is much more than I am paying for a larger storage facility.

Now she is not replying to my e mails and as far as I know, all my things in are in the trash.

I am finished dealing with this and dealing with her. I will deal with it in a legal matter when I return home and we will let the judge determine who is right and who is wrong.

Finished

You might ask what this has to do with adventure riding???
Well, if you are planning a long ride like mine, make sure you have your shit in order, know who your real friends are don't trust a woman who is seeing a therapist on a weekly basis.

I lost EVERYTHING. House, Boat, tons of CASH and like a dumb shit I jumped in again Never say Never, but I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do it again. Life is too short. I will just ride off on my Dual sport. Do I sound bitter? Nope just wiser.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 AM   #3614
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMYDR View Post
I lost EVERYTHING. House, Boat, tons of CASH and like a dumb shit I jumped in again Never say Never, but I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do it again. Life is too short. I will just ride off on my Dual sport. Do I sound bitter? Nope just wiser.
I hate to hear that you lost a lot.. but the last part of your quote.. that is exactly what I did last summer to recuperate by going on a very last minute TAT trip and after 5 weeks, I was riding home in high spirit from the accomplishment of completing TAT only to get bad news when I got home.. my ex decided to file DV against me.. What is more unbelievable is that she is in Ohio and I am in NC (600 miles apart) and she felt the need to do that! The only reason is because she is afraid I will settle the debt in legal matter so she did this in order to get 'Ex Parte" against me..

In case you don't know what 'Ex Parte' is, it can prevent you from suing the 'petitioner' who filed Ex Parte against you so here is my beware to Ed to be careful!!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #3615
Rodsbike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Did you know it never rains here in Lima?
Well, almost never.
I did a little research and I found out the last time it rained here was about 2 and a half years ago.
But this time of year (winter), the sun almost never comes out. Along the coast, there are almost always clouds and a bit of drizzle.
The Humboldt Current that comes up from the Antarctic makes the water off the coast very cold. And that water mixes with warm air mass here in the sub tropics to create the drizzle. And then the Andes (the second largest mountain range in the world) dries out the air trying to make it way over the mountains from the Amazon Jungle on the other side.
I don't think there is another place in the world like it. Maybe in Namibia.....I am not sure.
But is very strange here.
I am at about 10 degrees south latitude and it is cold here. But it never gets too cold. And it never gets to hot.
Now move up to 10 degrees north latitude and that puts you in Panama and it is always hot and humid there as one would expect.
So what makes the coast of Peru unique is a combination of this cold Humboldt Current and the drying effect of the Andes Mountains.
It is something you really need to experience to believe.
Yes very similar on the coast in Namibia. When the fog rolls in it gets very chucken fillies. But the fishing is good, and that is the only reason I go there. The desert animals there have adapted very well to this in getting the moisture to drink.
Closed Thread