Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #3616
fasttortoise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Final chapter......let's finish the book now

Ed- I'll admit when I saw "Final chapter......let's finish the book now" I was terrified you decided it was the end of your adventure and you were going to stay in Lima. I guess that's selfish of me...

Although I don't know you and you don't know me I feel close to you after reading about your adventures and mis-adventures. Thank you again for taking the time to post about them and for being so open and honest.

The crazy ex GF is a tough lesson. It's way more common than most of us want to admit to ourselves when we're seeking love. If the world is littered with crazies than it makes dating a dangerous game and deciding to care about someone becomes a gamble. Nobody wants to think like that!

On the plus side- at least she revealed herself before you guys got more serious (god forbid married!) and it allowed you to move on and find Kathe. Once you've exhausted all options with the GF (it sounds like you have) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put that nonsense aside and focus on enjoying your adventure. Having fun, being happy, and enjoying your time with Kathe is the best revenge.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #3617
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
When I run out of money and wear out my GS, I am going to take my Indian out for a little adventure ride...
shit yeah! give the ol' El Diablo Ride a try?

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
Old 07-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #3618
Patrol
VALE 46!

Oddometer: 1,355
Day 3 of squandering company time... best RR ever!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #3619
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMYDR View Post
I lost EVERYTHING. House, Boat, tons of CASH and like a dumb shit I jumped in again Never say Never, but I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do it again. Life is too short. I will just ride off on my Dual sport. Do I sound bitter? Nope just wiser.
Go back and reread my post on Bordeaux.
When you find something special, you fall in love and do stupid things.
With Bordeaux wine, you spend lots of money.
With women, its the same.
But when it is going good, you don't care
When it turns bad, you feel like a jackass
Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #3620
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
I hate to hear that you lost a lot.. but the last part of your quote.. that is exactly what I did last summer to recuperate by going on a very last minute TAT trip and after 5 weeks, I was riding home in high spirit from the accomplishment of completing TAT only to get bad news when I got home.. my ex decided to file DV against me.. What is more unbelievable is that she is in Ohio and I am in NC (600 miles apart) and she felt the need to do that! The only reason is because she is afraid I will settle the debt in legal matter so she did this in order to get 'Ex Parte" against me..

In case you don't know what 'Ex Parte' is, it can prevent you from suing the 'petitioner' who filed Ex Parte against you so here is my beware to Ed to be careful!!
The truth is I just want the rest of my stuff back. If she threw the stuff in the trash then it won't be the end of the world for me if I never see that stuff again. But I don't want her to think it is ok to keep my things or toss it all the trash
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #3621
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttortoise View Post
Ed- I'll admit when I saw "Final chapter......let's finish the book now" I was terrified you decided it was the end of your adventure and you were going to stay in Lima. I guess that's selfish of me...

Although I don't know you and you don't know me I feel close to you after reading about your adventures and mis-adventures. Thank you again for taking the time to post about them and for being so open and honest.

The crazy ex GF is a tough lesson. It's way more common than most of us want to admit to ourselves when we're seeking love. If the world is littered with crazies than it makes dating a dangerous game and deciding to care about someone becomes a gamble. Nobody wants to think like that!

On the plus side- at least she revealed herself before you guys got more serious (god forbid married!) and it allowed you to move on and find Kathe. Once you've exhausted all options with the GF (it sounds like you have) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put that nonsense aside and focus on enjoying your adventure. Having fun, being happy, and enjoying your time with Kathe is the best revenge.

Thanks for the kind words
And don't worry about me, I am fine.
I just want my things back
And it bothers me so much because I am so far away from the situation and there is only so much I can do while traveling
Old 07-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #3622
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
Day 3 of squandering company time... best RR ever!
so now what????
Looks like you will actually have to get some work done now

Old 07-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #3623
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Lima

This week in Lima, Kathe and I have been pretty mellow.
We have just been hanging out at her house watching some movies and drinking some wine.
One night we went over to her friend's house for some wine and laughs. They were the same friends that Kathe and I went to their wedding in April. It was good seeing them again.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #3624
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

On Sunday, it was Peru's independence day. The whole family got together for dinner and drinks at Grandma's house.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #3625
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Last night, Kathe and I cooked dinner for her mom and dad.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #3626
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

We made Lomo Saltado. It is steak, onions and tomatoes all mixed together with either rice of French fries. It is one of my favorites

Old 07-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #3627
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 07-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #3628
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I made my famous Palta de Lalo.
It's Avocado, shrimp, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasonings.
Yum!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #3629
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I brought from France and amazing Premier Cru Burgundy from the 1990 vintage........wow!
I think I scored some points with the parents with that one

Old 07-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #3630
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Leaving Peru tomorrow

I have my plane ticket and I will be leaving Peru tomorrow evening.
This afternoon, I started to feel really week and tired.
I had the same symptoms when I was in Colombia and then spent the next 3 days puking from both ends.
Kathe's grandma is a nurse and she gave me some medicine and made me some homemade chicken soup......so nice. She took my temp and confirmed I had a fever........a little over 100F
Right now I am lying in bed resting. I am hoping things don't get worse otherwise it is going to be a long flight for everyone on board.
Closed Thread