Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #4246
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman67204 View Post
I have spent a decent amount of time in former soviet countries, Russia and Ukraine mostly. I agree that virtually nobody is looking for a sugardaddy to get out, especially in the big cities.

For me though I have found the peoples hospitality second to none. especially once you the small towns the people are amazingly nice. It does help for sure to have some Russian language.

One thing I have appreciated about many of the former Soviet people I have meet is their ability to seperate America and it government/politics from its people. I have had many people say "you know I really hate Americas government and/or its political policies.... BUT I enjoy the American people I have met."

In 3 years of living in Russia I have come to the conclusion Americans and Russians are alot more similar than different. We were both fed alot of propoganda about the opposite side... The biggest difference I see is that the Soviet people knew their government was full of a bunch of liars and cheats so they didnt believe most of it... Where as the American people at the time thought they could trust the government and bought into it and are just starting to realize their government is full of the same thing.

Its amazing how I can just barely remember anything of the "cold war" yet I know when I came here I was expecting the sun never to shine, its always winter, the people to be terribly cold and mean, everyone an alchoholic drinking vodka... In reality I have been completely blown away by how wrong I was!!!! You can find the cold and mean people and the alchoholics just let them be and move on. the rest of them are so amazing especially the bikers!!!

I hope you enjoy Eastern Europe its different but amazing in its own right
Very well said.
I am enjoying myself very much here in Eastern Europe. It a lot of way more than Western Europe. That is why I want to spend next summer getting to know it better. I feel like I am Russian thru it (get it....."Russian thru it......ha ha)
But I want to meet and talk to more people here. But it is difficult. When I am on my motorcycle, people look and stare. But it is hard to engage in a conversation when I stop. I think I just need more time. But summer is running out this year. I am trying to get to Albania by the end of the month.
It's still raining outside. It doesn't make for fun riding.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #4247
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
If/when money starts to run out open a Paypal account and let us pass the hat on your behalf. Other guys on here doing RTWs have done it and seem to be amazed by the outpouring of generosity. With almost 700,000 views now, if a fraction of us chipped in $1....hell, do it now, let us buy you a couple of bottles of Chimay. I'll open the bidding if you do it.
I know
I have seen others do it.
I am not at that point yet.
I would mind having some corporate sponsorship. But I want my RR to be free. I don't want people to feel obligated.
Also it is kind of hard to ask for money while riding a fancy motorcycle and drinking vintage port and champagne along the way.
But as my bank account dwindles, I am cutting that stuff back or out all together.
But then again, I am not going to rule it out asking for donations either.
Just not now
Old 09-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #4248
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,520
[QUOTE=flyingdutchman177;22315174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstruck View Post

Park the GS in Europe for the winter.
In November, I can fly to southeast asia and buy an inexpensive motorcycle and ride around Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. I think that might be fun until Europe thaws out.
Then return to the GS, visit Greece, Turkey and maybe head around the Black Sea and visit the Alps and countries I missed.
Down thru Italy, cross to Tunisia then to Dakar and back up to Morocco.
I still need to do South Africa to Ethiopia. Not sure what the status will be in Sudan, Egypt and Syria at that time. And I still need to get back to South America, finish there and get the GS home. I also still want to buy an Enfield and do India and Nepal. And Australia still calls out to me.
I think the only thing left is the Stan countries, Mongolia and all of Russia.
But that would be last on my list only because I don't know much about those places and what to expect. But I will be surely out of money at that point unless some money door opens up for me that I can't see right now.
I still have some time to figure out what I am going to do.
I am open to suggestions and probably will have to decide something in the next month or so.
Good lord, you are making the most of this. Super excited I get another year and a half of entertainment from your reports. SE Asia sounds great, it's also close the Australia, maybe ship your bike there, while you explore SE Asia for a couple of months and finish up the "Winter" down under. No need to leave summer right?

Keep taking them pictures and sharing them with us. There are a lot of armchair explorers out here that fell like we're right there along with ya on this adventure.

You might consider self-publishing a book at some point. I've picked up a few ebook only's lately of riders reports and they have been very enjoyable. You're doing a lot of the work right now anyways, and could help fund ya. Then again, that sounds an awfully lot like work.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #4249
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Scott_PDX;22319567]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post

Good lord, you are making the most of this. Super excited I get another year and a half of entertainment from your reports. SE Asia sounds great, it's also close the Australia, maybe ship your bike there, while you explore SE Asia for a couple of months and finish up the "Winter" down under. No need to leave summer right?

Keep taking them pictures and sharing them with us. There are a lot of armchair explorers out here that fell like we're right there along with ya on this adventure.

You might consider self-publishing a book at some point. I've picked up a few ebook only's lately of riders reports and they have been very enjoyable. You're doing a lot of the work right now anyways, and could help fund ya. Then again, that sounds an awfully lot like work.
Right now, I still have some money in the bank, but when I spend my last few dollars on a bottle of cheap wine, then I might send around the hat
Old 09-13-2013, 04:31 AM   #4250
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
This RR just keeps getting better! Kathe in my eyes is a lot prettier than any blond you could find. I'm a sucka for brunette's (wifey is as well). Keep it coming man!!! We are having a blast

Later
John
Old 09-13-2013, 05:29 AM   #4251
LordSteven
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
$$$

I was joking about Box-O-Wine. Let's not get to that point. I'd chip in a few bucks because I get enjoyment out of your posts. I pay $25 for a book why wouldn't I throw a few bucks your way for this reading?? Besides I feel good about helping create the most traveled Sommelier in history.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #4252
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSteven View Post
I was joking about Box-O-Wine. Let's not get to that point. I'd chip in a few bucks because I get enjoyment out of your posts. I pay $25 for a book why wouldn't I throw a few bucks your way for this reading?? Besides I feel good about helping create the most traveled Sommelier in history.
Maybe I should start posting some naked pictures of Kathe and just retire from the earnings......LOL
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #4253
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Belarus

I just met 6 young travels from Belarus.
I asked about their government there insinuating it was bad and corrupt. And they just shrugged at that comment and said, "I guess it depends on from whose prospective it is coming from".
And wow, that got me thinking...
I didn't travel there.
The only things I heard about Belarus come from the West.
And I suppose that is a little tainted.

I wonder what they think of the US Government? I think they were being kind and not bringing it up.
But standing in their shoes, it can't be all good.
It is amazing how traveling can open your eyes to these kind of things.
Take governments and the bureaucracy out of the equation and the world seems to be a better place. At least it would make adventure travel easier. For example, did you know you can't bring or buy a motorcycle over 125 cc's in to Vietnam? I am just finding out this stuff now
Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #4254
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletalon View Post
This RR just keeps getting better! Kathe in my eyes is a lot prettier than any blond you could find. I'm a sucka for brunette's (wifey is as well). Keep it coming man!!! We are having a blast

Later
John

Yes I agree!
But she keeps getting mad at me over my posts.
But I think it is just hard on her (and me too) being apart for so long.
I will be seeing her soon!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #4255
barrakuda
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
700.000 visits to this blog, amazing!!! proly you`re gonna hit the million before this year end.

Some one should sponsor your travel.

Soon as i get it on how to post photos i will show bmw and revit what have i bought from them just because of this RR.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #4256
mirtna
Magrambalgue

Oddometer: 55
Talking Ukrainians

I vote for you setting up a PayPal account b4 you get to box wine.
Also, I vote for pretty pictures of some pretty Ukrainians. You have an audience! A readership, ...followers! Just leave the clothes on the subject matter and don't play with merchandise! Save all bikini shots with Kathe as subject matter! We want the best for BOTH of you! But, it also sounds like a lot of us want to see photos of Ukrainian beauties (clothes on!)!
Stockholm is purported to have the highest percentage of good looking women in their city population. Kiev is rated number two! Waduyathink?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #4257
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrakuda View Post
700.000 visits to this blog, amazing!!! proly you`re gonna hit the million before this year end.

Some one should sponsor your travel.

Soon as i get it on how to post photos i will show bmw and revit what have i bought from them just because of this RR.
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
You pulled the trigger
LOVE IT
We will have to ride together when I make my way back
Old 09-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #4258
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtna View Post
I vote for you setting up a PayPal account b4 you get to box wine.
Also, I vote for pretty pictures of some pretty Ukrainians. You have an audience! A readership, ...followers! Just leave the clothes on the subject matter and don't play with merchandise! Save all bikini shots with Kathe as subject matter! We want the best for BOTH of you! But, it also sounds like a lot of us want to see photos of Ukrainian beauties (clothes on!)!
Stockholm is purported to have the highest percentage of good looking women in their city population. Kiev is rated number two! Waduyathink?
Maybe I should pull the bike out of the hotel and have some the girls pose for a photo
Old 09-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #4259
RHM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
I know
I have seen others do it.
I am not at that point yet.
I would mind having some corporate sponsorship. But I want my RR to be free. I don't want people to feel obligated.
Also it is kind of hard to ask for money while riding a fancy motorcycle and drinking vintage port and champagne along the way.
But as my bank account dwindles, I am cutting that stuff back or out all together.
But then again, I am not going to rule it out asking for donations either.
Just not now
Ed, you can see from my post count I don't say too much. I just wanted you to know how much I have been enjoying your ride report. I've been laid up since 6/8 with a broken foot.

Every day, I come to your website to enjoy what you have seen and experienced. Should you feel compelled to open a paypal account to continue your travels I would gladly contribute..no strings attached whatsoever.

Your writings and photos have provided me immense pleasure over the months and if anything, I feel obligated to You for all your efforts. Your ride reports have been the highlight of many days for me.

RHM
Old 09-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #4260
marcus22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
I just met 6 young travels from Belarus.
I asked about their government there insinuating it was bad and corrupt. And they just shrugged at that comment and said, "I guess it depends on from whose prospective it is coming from".
And wow, that got me thinking...
I didn't travel there.
The only things I heard about Belarus come from the West.
And I suppose that is a little tainted.

I wonder what they think of the US Government? I think they were being kind and not bringing it up.
But standing in their shoes, it can't be all good.
It is amazing how traveling can open your eyes to these kind of things.
Take governments and the bureaucracy out of the equation and the world seems to be a better place. At least it would make adventure travel easier. For example, did you know you can't bring or buy a motorcycle over 125 cc's in to Vietnam? I am just finding out this stuff now
first of all, Great ride report! I have been following since Alaska. as to riding in Vietnam? I don't know but this guy did it on his harley:

http://www.hdtalking.com/members/mc2...il+update.html

this is his photo album.

keep on keeping on!
Closed Thread