flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,625
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #438
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Don't cha hate it

Some times the self timer just won't work for some shots and you have to ask someone to take your picture. And most of the time they just don't get it. And they don't see what I see. I asked this guy to take my picture. I set the zoom for him. I told him how I wanted the picture to be positioned and then they just don't get it. In these shots, I wanted to stand on the edge of the canyon. It was 2000+ feet straight down. But you really can't tell. The first shot is how I wanted the picture to look . the next shots are what the guy did. Maybe I am being just a pain in the ass.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #439
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #440
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

This one is a little blurry because the guy zoomed in too much. Maybe it isn't his fault and I just need a better camera

Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #441
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

More shots of the canyon

Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #442
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I was a little worried this look out platform would hold the weight of me and my bike and it would be the end of my trip.........but it did and I got some great shots here

Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #443
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #444
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 12-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #445
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hot Springs

If you know me and have been following my blog, you know that I can't pass up a dip in a natural hot spring (agua thermales). And besides, it is a great way to clean off all the road grime
So near Creel I see a sign that says there are some hot springs about 8 miles down this dirt road so I thought I would check it out. The sun had just set and thought it would be fun to camp there
I had no idea what to expect.
About 7 miles back the road started to get very steep and headed down in to the canyon. The road ended at a parking area and you were supposed to hike down to the hot springs from there. But there was no one back there and it was dark at the point so I thought I would ride down the trail to the springs. The road was a very narrow single lane and was made out of rocks......VERY BUMPY ROCKS. It was also very steep and from what I could tell, it was straight down on the sides. Because it was dark, I had no idea how far the drop was.......which it hind sight, was a good thing as I would find out in the morning. THe road/trail had some sharp switchback corners that were hard to negotiate with such a heavy bike. But I finally got to the bottom and found the springs and here is what I found

Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #446
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

The hot springs were at the bottom of the 1500 foot canyon. Hot water poured out of the side of the hill in to different pools. Also the river in the canyon was hot with lots of swim holes. I had the place all to myself that night. And there was a full moon that lit up the sky. I still had some left over 2005 Taylor Flatgate LBV Port so I had a glass while I soaked in the tub.
But I figured that I would get out of there at first light before anyone else showed up as I was not supposed to ride my bike down to the springs.
In the morning, as I was packing up my tent, some mexican guys started to show up. They just looked at me and didn't know what to think. I gave them some of my beef jerky as a sign of friendship and peace. I got all my stuff packed up and headed out. There was tricky spot that I had to get around and I tried to baby the bike thru it and it fell over. I looked back and all the guys were laughing at me. My first thought was I wanted to take back my beef jerky. But my second thought was the engine was on top of my foot and the bike had me penned under it. I yelled out......SOCORRO! They came over and helped lift the bike up and then I gave it a lot more gas and made it up with a problem. One thing I learned is that is is better to gas it thru rather than try to walk the bike thru a section. The bike is just too damn heavy to try and keep from falling over if it starts to lean over going slow.
Going up out the canyon was exciting. The road had a cliff on one side the whole way up. I called it Mexico's road of Death!!! I will post a video later. I must do in Copper Canyon.......just don't get caught doing it.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #447
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Copper Cyn....gotta do it
So close but yet so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
copper canyon, that's on my destination list too. looking forward to the story!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #448
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Larry.....please tell me how to do this. I have been uploading my pictures and videos to photo bucket.
I also want to figure out how to edit and cut the video so I can leave out sections on the same video
Thanks
ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaguy View Post
Ed, if you're not already doing so, redo your images and convert them to 72dpi before uploading. Lo res means really fast uploads and 72dpi works just fine on internet pics. Good luck on your travel, looking forward to reading about your adventures. Your pal Larry
Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #449
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

When I get to Greece, I would like to sleep on your couch so I can save my money for wine
Right now I am traveling thru Mexico and I have been drinking some good anejo and extra anejo tequila
If I didn't buy and wine and tequila, I would be spening about half as much money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
That's some proper spirit!!!
Awesome tripping you're doing...Just started reading your RR.
Be well...
Cheers!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #450
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Making my way to Colombia. You should come down and meet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSqr View Post
Ed Ed Ed. Why am I not surprised. I think the checkpoint guards in Sonora may be a little more stressed out than in Baja...
Closed Thread