Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 03:28 AM   #6136
forxlr8n
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbusk11 View Post
i must be just as bad at spelling because i have never noticed a spelling error.

x2
Old 03-12-2014, 04:38 AM   #6137
Iron Dingo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Ok, about the spelling
First off, i am the world's worst speller (if that is even a word)
Second, my stupid tablet doesn't have spell check (or maybe i just don't how to turn it on)
Third, i get too anxious and don't go back and proof read what i wrote before i click "submit"
Fourth, i have to wear reading glasses now to see the small print on my stupid tablet so i can't proof read even if i wanted to if i don't have my glasses handy
Fifth, it gives my critics something else to poke fun at me for
Sixth, i just don't care enough because i think i am getting my point across

Thanks for the kind words and welcome aboard
I suck at spelling too, I love your report. Keep it up.
If people have issue with the spelling and junk they can go away their loss.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #6138
Wimke1971
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_jb View Post
I've been keeping up with "Round the World with Noah" for quite a while now, so i was intrigued when the two of you met up. So of course, I read a little of your RR to see how the two trips happened to intersect. Then I read a little further back. Then I skipped to the beginning of your RR to see how and when you started. Oh, who's the girlfriend? Wait, then who is Kathe? When the hell did he change his name to Lalo? WTF? He got banned? Long story short, I spent an embarrassing amount of time reading your entire RR over the last week or so. Really awesome. Love the trip, love your attitude, love your writing style, love your spelling. As others have said, I thought I was a pretty adventurous motorcycle traveler, but you bring it to a whole new level. Ride on!

I'm with stupid!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #6139
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNG View Post
Hi Ed
your trip is really inspiring me ! thanks !

Pls let me know when you come to Vietnam, let's have some beers and I may join your ride in the North of Vietnam (beautiful mountains - see the picture) !

Cheers !
Hung
(from Hanoi, Vietnam)

I will definitely contact you
I just need to figure out when i am getting there
See you soon
Old 03-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #6140
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletalon View Post
I'm glad to see you didn't let the incident keep you from future posting. Ride reports like yours I like to follow. Not everything is great on our everyday routine never the less in a rtw trip. Your honesty and your sense of humor was one of the reasons I subscribed to your RR to begin with. Keep on posting Lalo! Btw how is kathe? Any plans on flying to see her anytime soon?

Later
John
Long distance relationships are hard
And me being so far away took its toll
It was easier when i was in So america or even europe, but being in asia was too difficult for us to see each other
And this caused some resentment.
She wants to come see me next month, but i told her that i dont have the money and i am not sure where i will be.
At this point, i am just focusing on my trip
So i might be losing some followers......i know
Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #6141
colemadad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Followers You Shouldn't Need Anyhow

Especially if they're dependent on having a current girlfriend; or more superficially, of pictures of her in a bikini - not that I don't enjoy that too. You've got to look deeper than that. I enjoy a lot of things that you do and what you write about but if it's all about who's watching you, you're doomed for a crash. It appears that you and many of those who feel you need defending don't see it but I'm actually a fan. I'm a fan of FD177 the adventurer, not of FD177 who feels the need for an audience and who appears to be on the brink of soliciting sponsorship from couch potato individuals like me, who seem to need their FD177 "fix". Come on man, do what you can with what you have today, appreciate humbly that the cosmos has put you in a position to do what you do - including the upside and downside, and if the rest needs to be put off til tomorrow, that's ok too. I've never felt the need to express an opinion in this kind of forum - the fact that I am here says that I am affected in some way - wish I could get Chimay beer locally, for instance; can't, but you've made it a quest. Believe it or not - with envy, all the best.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #6142
Red Herring
Gnarly Commuter

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
It was easier when i was in So america or even europe, but being in asia was too difficult for us to see each other
She wants to come see me next month, but i told her that i dont have the money and i am not sure where i will be.
That's too bad about Kathe Lalo. However, she created some great memories for you, but there are lots more in the making. Maybe now you can resume posting pictures of the lovely local fauna and flora?

And when you get someone to weld on your machine, see if they can gusset that subframe while they are at it.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:16 AM   #6143
nameless
100% recyclable

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
hmm, if she wants to come and visit you, and she has a job that pays quite well and gets her special prices for flights probably, then what does your money has to do with that? If the reason she won't travel to a beautiful place in the world, to see you is because you won't pay for the trip.... then i would venture saying that you might be better off...as hard as that sounds, sorry to say it bluntly...

I for one am not stop reading just because the bikini shots cease...i'm here for the fantastic adventure you're letting us ride along

When you come back to Europe to get your bike we should try and arrange a meet up with some of the people that read this and are in Europe :), that could be fun..

Anyway, thanks for sharing and continue to live the moment, the next minute is never certain

'13 Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré
Keep Calm
and
Carry On
Old 03-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #6144
mediaguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Bus's, planes and trains. There will be another one along in a moment.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #6145
Beetlejuice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Ed, what an awesome RR. Tell Miss Peru (wow, is she beautiful) that she can have you all to herself in 400 days. That's not to much to ask is it?

What an adventure!!!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:06 AM   #6146
mary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
I have finished my time-out sentence and i have been anxiously waiting to reply.

First off, let me offer my deepest "insincere" appologies to any fellow inmates that i may have offended with my "foot without skin" picture. I don't feel the need to justify it because, well ....... it is my report and no one is being forced to read it.

Second, i harbor no bad will to the administrators of this site. They were probably just doing their job maintaining some sort of order and the act and result of me being banned for the week might have been computer generated for all i know.

Third, let it be known to all that my ride report is not G rated. It is not even PG or PG-13 either. It is rated R.........which stands for restricted. For example, if that picture of the foot, my shit on the wall in Monte Negro (which BTW was a 100 times more gross than the foot picture), any political statements that i have made or anything else i have posted has offened you.... AND you feel compelled to report my acts that disagree with you to the administrators, then i would like to restrict you from viewing my ride report. I completely understand if you disagree with my view points or you might not be happy with some of my actions (everyone in this world is different and that is ok), but don't shut me off just because YOU don't like it. I think there are a fair number out there that enjoy what i am doing.

This ride report is for MEN and for women that like MEN (if there are infact any ladies following along besides Mary). I suspect that the person following along that tattle-tailed on me and reported the foot picture doesn't even own a motorcycle. I imagine they just live in the cyber world where it is much safer to watch what others are doing instead of doing it for themselves. Every day i get on my bike, i could wind up with my foot looking like the one depicted in the picture or maybe even worse. I eat from the food carts with the local people, including eating spiders, snakes and cockroaches......and for this, sometimes i get sick........and yes, i sometimes take pictures of the result. But all this is reality. And my ride report is real. And that is why i have 1.35 million views to date because people want the real story......not some watered down, G rated BS. And for those riding along with me on their computers that can't handle my reality.........please turn the channel and follow someone elses story that is more fitting for you.
Now with that said, my Ride report has always been very open and honest, but trust me when i say you are NOT getting the WHOLE story here. Call me what you want (I think Dick Tease was used), but i am not going to spill the beans for the entire world to see and hear. But i would like to tell my whole story, but i only want my inner circle with me for this part of my story. If there was a way to separate the joy riders, my critical critics and my inner circle, i would do it. I was thinking about having a private forum and report for those people in my circle of trust whereby they can hear my whole, unedited story and see the pictures. I am not sure if this will be in a book i write at the end because i am not sure if there will ever be a book. I could really use the money now as i don't have enough money to complete my trip at my present rate of spending. People have offered to send money to a Paypal account but i think this is prohibited in the AdvRider rules..........and i just got my hand slapped for breaking those rules, so i gotta be on my best behavior for now. So at this point, i am not sure what to do. But trust me when i say that it would be worth it for a lot of you following along to shell out a few bucks and get unedited version of my report.

For now, please sit back and enjoy my R rated Ride report even if it is a somewhat edited one until i can figure out who is in my circle of trust and who should just go away and find a much more edited report depicting their ride outside the real world........because you can stub your toes and tear off the skin on your feet in the world i live.

world.thepictures pictures.
Welcome back!

Looking forward to the continued adventure.

If you do a book... I would love to own a copy... just let us know when it's released.

Mary

mary screwed with this post 03-14-2014 at 05:23 AM
Old 03-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #6147
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Vietnam

That's right, i am in vietnam......with my own motorcycle
I was told there was slim to no chance that i would get my CRF in to Vietnam.
My plan was to fly in and just buy or rent some little piece of crap for the month.
But i figured i would give it a try. Some people make it in with their own bike but most are turned away.
I crossed at the southern most border with Cambodia.
I pulled up to the Cambodian side to get stamped out and they told me to try and get stamped in first on the Vietnam side.......not a good sign as the Cambodians felt i was not getting in to Vietnam and they didn't want to do any work before i could prove i was getting in with my moto in to Vietnam.
Everything was going smoothly on the Vietnam side. They stamped me in and sent me to the next window.
There they noticed that i didn't have any stamps from Cambodia in my passport. I got the visa but my passport was never officially stamped in because if you remember, i just rode right past the guys telling me to stop. And after two failed attempts to enter Cambodia, i thought it was my best choice. But now it was holding me up getting in to vietnam.
I went back to the Cambodia side with my passport to get it stamped out but they wouldn't stamp it out because it was never stamped in. The guys at the border were saying you have a big problem, which i figured they were setting me up for some payoffs.
After a lot of phone calls and discussion about what to do, the tone somehow changed from it being a big problem to ......hey, my friend, it's no problem. All of a sudden they were being so nice to me. They gave me a chair to sit in in the shade and brought me a bottle of cold water from their ice chest.
After that, i was getting really worried but i kept the smile on my face and din't show my concern. The guy left somewhere with my passport on his scooter. As i sat there waiting, i began to realize that my moto was about 500 meters away, out of my sight on the Vietnam side and maybe they were stalling me so they could steal my gps and my other stuff from my bike. About 10 minutes later, the guy came back with my passport and gave me a smile and said again it was no problem. He handed it to another guy and he looked at it for about five minutes and then i heard the stamp and two seconds later, my passport was back in to my hands. And i was free to leave the country.
I hopped on a guy's scooter and he gave me a ride back to the Vietnam side where my moto was being gaurded by the police. And nothing was touched.
And once the Vietnam guys saw my Cambodia exit stamp, they waived me on in.
It would have been so easy if not for my missing stamp. vietnam didn't give me any papers saying my moto was temporarily imported. All they did was look at my green book title, my passport and my Thai driver's license. They didn't care what size my moto was or anything
So there you have it, i got my bike in . I think the biggest reason i got in was because i was traveling alone.
The groups of two or more just call attention to themselves
And i think the reason a lot of people get turned away is because of bad communication. I was almost turned away because i didn't have my stamp and they thought that i had snuck in to the country but once it was found out what had actually happened, then it bacame no problem
I have been here in Vietnam for about 7 hours now and i can say the people are very friendly. I have had so many people come up and talk to me and taking pictures of me.
In this picture below, these guys asked me to join them for dinner because they saw i was alone.
After several beers and toasts, we were are best friends even though their English was like a five year old.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #6148
val4215
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
That's how you spell relief
Old 03-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #6149
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 698
Good on you for entering vietnam.. only few can say they have done that and you are one of them!

I bet Noah is jealous and that's good way of getting back to him after spending a night in the room next to him when he was with his gf.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #6150
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Thumb That is Awesome Lalo

Glad to see you in Nam
Say hi to my Uncle Ho and try not to pee on him this time.
Closed Thread