Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #76
HunSolo
Mad Monk

Oddometer: 348
You sound like a strong man, Brother. All the best to you while you're getting back into riding shape.
HunSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #77
Backoutonthehighway
I ride w/ Lewddites

Oddometer: 421
So sorry to hear about your misfortune! Glad to hear that there is at least insurance involved and support from loved ones. Courage and Godspeed as you embark on the next phase my friend.

http://backoutonthehighway.com
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14
Backoutonthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #78
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,753
They do have some kick ass looking wheel chairs these days.
You will also get the prime parking spots. Stay up!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rgs0iy
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #79
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,499
Glad to hear you're doing as well as you are! Keep it up.

Hope the healing and rehab keep going good for you.

Blessings, Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #80
Ed~
What, Me Worry?

Oddometer: 332
Amazing Grace...

What to say that has not already been said. Not to sound facetious but for all the supportive words of consolation that other inmates have already expressed, there is one thing which may or may not be on the forefront of the minds of motorcyclists everywhere:

Your life now takes balls. We honor your courage in choosing to continue down this path every day.

The daily challenges you face now is not to be taken lightly. I don't know many who would be so strong to take life one day at a time, through recovery and the eventual challenge of learning a new way to live and get around. Very few could understand this kind of tumult and reconstruction of our lives.

But honestly, the body and spirit is possibly more resilient than our egos. As motorcyclists, we are accustomed to a level of freedom in our lives that few others understand much less willfully accept for themselves. We all know the responsibility that goes hand in hand with such freedom when riding. It is only the uninitiated who look at motorcyclists with envy and believe we carelessly take to the winds like gods. Fact is, we bargain with the devil each time we throw a leg over. The realization of our mortality, that skillful dance of mere speed and friction, is our ironic path to freedom and transcendence.

But in truth, even we don't know what the end purpose is of each ride is. We are all trying to go and grow beyond what we know but don't have a clue what lies beyond our vision.

Needless to say, your path is not one for the meek.

I first found out about your accident via your ad for the DR650 about a month ago. My initial reaction to your dry, matter of fact reason for selling was one of disbelief. Now that I've come across this thread and learned more about your accident and current road to recovery, I am compelled to reach beyond my own limited experiences and grasp at what I feel is the truth of the matter.

Your life now appears no longer to be lived for yourself. Even as you may appear physically more reliant on those around you, it also appears that you are also destined to become a leader of men, to show everyone around you that true freedom means transcendence.

We riders honor your courage in choosing this path every day and look forward to when you can show us how to live joyfully; free from our perceived limitations of self.

After all, we are all we've got... Someone's got to show us the way home.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Ed~ screwed with this post 07-02-2012 at 09:28 PM
Ed~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #81
not2fast OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Again, thank you all for your thoughts. It is a difficult road but the only road I have. I need to forge on,. Its difficult some days to find that courage but the card, calls and well wishes I get help me a lot.

We are as strong as we allow ourselves to be. I must be honest and say that there are days when finding the strength is difficult but I MUST do it. If you saw the bike after the wreck you would not know someone survived the impact. I did and now I have to follow the path it takes me. THere is a reason I am still alive, especially taking that impact as a 60 yr old rider. I will find that reason.

Bless you all and keep yourselves safe out there!.

Terry
Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #82
Snr Moment
Unafarkler

Oddometer: 2,186
Terry - recovering as best as you can is largely mental. Your attitude is good & strong.
The fact that I'm alive after my crash is surprising. That I've been able to recover to the level I'm at has the docs amazed, especially since I'm 67.

The toughest problem I had with recovering was the helpless feeling, but you deal with it and promise yourself that you will work your way over that. The pain becomes incidental as you work your way to get back to the maximum level that's available to you.
To quote one of the docs in charge of therapy/recovery, "Suck it up, it's gonna hurt."
He wasn't kidding.

I'm sure you will amaze everyone involved along your road back.

If you ever want to chat with an old, recovering geezer, feel free to contact me.

Best of luck going forward.

YAAK
Snr Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #83
Dave W.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is amazing you are here to tell the tale.

Keep your chin up, be patient, and work hard.
Dave W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #84
cecilsaxon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
I too recognized your screen name from Stormtroopers site. I am very sad to hear of your accident. We bought our bikes near the same time this Spring. I am praying for you and your family and wish you the fastest recovery. Please keep us posted on your recovery.

cecilsaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #85
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 3,945
Glad to see you posting.

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #86
Gooner
DC 43

Oddometer: 115
Thoughts and prayers for your continued recovery. Keep posting!
Gooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #87
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,571
Terry, don't know you, but have been moved by your tale. I don't have any words that will help you out of your situation, but you are in my thoughts and I wish you the best in your recovery efforts. Hang in there, and keep us in the loop.

-= Scott

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #88
Woodduck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Not2Fast, just a short note. You pop in and out of my head during my daily commute. A bike similar to the one someone posted a photo of previously occasionally passes going the other.

I hope you keep waking up each day finding a reason to fight on. Down but not out.

Best thoughts for you and your family.
Woodduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #89
BelizeRider
n00b

Oddometer: 9
just checking in.

Hey Terry - Not sure if you're visiting the site these days, but wanted to bring this thread back to the top. Long-time lurker here and, as you can see by my message count, I rarely feel compelled to comment on the conversations. But I was very sorry to read about your accident, and sincerely moved by your response to the situation. Others have said it much better, but I hope that you continue to be strong and progress on your path. Please know that you're in our thoughts and prayers, and let us know if there is any way we can assist.
Take Care,
Jim
BelizeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #90
Mr. DTM
The Donald

Oddometer: 7
August motorcycle ride will aid injured man's family

Intelligencer Journal
Lancaster New Era
Jul 11, 2012 14:35
Lancaster

More Sharing Services

By STAFF

Motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to participate in a benefit ride for the family of an injured rider and Boy Scout leader who is hospitalized following an accident.

The Terry Boyer Motorcycle Benefit Ride/Fundraiser will start at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 12. Riders are asked to meet in the parking lot behind Bloomfield Village Shoppes, 3140 Lititz Pike.

Boyer is an avid motorcyclist and former Scoutmaster of Brunnerville Troop 156, Horseshoe Trail District, and is a member of the Annual Boy Scout Camp Motorcycle Benefit Ride sponsored by Mill Creek Sportsmen's Association.

Boyer was seriously injured in an accident in Lebanon County in May.

The donation to participate in the fundraiser is $15 per rider, or $20 for rider and passenger. Additional donations can be by making out a check to Boyer's wife, Beth Boyer, and sending it to: Harold Robinson, 1056 Deaver Road, Quarryville, PA 17566.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...#ixzz21pvFea00
Mr. DTM is offline   Reply With Quote