User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
svejkovat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Import POI data from online bing map to Streets and Trips?

I hope this is easy. I'm not very up to date on GPS related software. Used to be but it is developing so quickly that I've fallen behind. I believe Microsoft's S and T integrates with Bing maps but I can't find reference to the following.

I have S and T 2011 full version with gps. I'd like to import the data points from an online bing map
(for instance)....
http://extra.hollandsentinel.com/garagesalesmap.shtml
to S and T as a data file rather than pushpin each address manually (one at a time).

When you click on Holland 38 listings the POI map opens.

Is this possible? Is it easy?

Thanks for any assistance.
svejkovat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
svejkovat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Here we go again. Amazed that something does not exist.

I realize I'm a dinosaur for still liking to use my HP mini in my car for gps navigation with streets and trips. For me it's just a personal decision to have a 10inch ultra bright screen connected to a full featured laptop with wireless and bluetooth and full size keyboard and the choice of any software and updates straight from the web, etc, 250gb of files, programs, and data space, ports for usb, hdmi, etc, while on the road. It sits on a platform above my automatic shift putting the screen right at the level of the in dash CD player. For me it beats a separate GPS device hands down.

So how the heck can it be that microsoft did not make it possible to utilize the data points on Bing maps with GPS, either by permitting installation of a stripped down version of streets/trip that can open Bing maps on the desktop and activate gps, or by inclucing such a feature in streets trips or at a minimum imports .gpx file data from URLs?

God, soooooo many absurd and useless bells and whistles with this software and then giant gaping holes in basic utility like this.

svejkovat screwed with this post 06-26-2012 at 06:26 PM
svejkovat is offline   Reply With Quote