Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #856
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Oddometer: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbchaser View Post
Cliff - the GTL was SHAKING? :

That should not be happening. Slow down!

Chris
yeah, i was going too fast. thank you. i know the infinity was just probably trying to be nice and inviting me to go first... but maybe i should have just backed off. i would have felt bad not to take his invitation - but it's not worth wiping out over. and at that speed - REALLY wiping out
ClifNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #857
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillermoM View Post
Hi Bill, Clif and Cindy
You're obviously having a lot of fun!!
God bless you all!!
Un fuerte abrazo from Uruguay
Guillermo
guillermo! you wrote here!!

thank you so much
Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #858
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldigger View Post
You get those PR3's balanced?

BTW - how is the coolant level looking?
not sure if anchorage balanced them.

coolant from the front - looking under the headlights - it's full after bill filled it.

but indy from the river raft said i should have put it direct into the ... engine? or... i forgot. but he said the plastic thing we poured it in was only the leftover from fumes.

RADIATOR! he said we should have put it there. but i have no idea how to get to it on the gtl
Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #859
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtouring B View Post
Clif-- If your bike is shaking only during curves then you are likely feeling the normal feedback from the tires. This will be increased if your arms are stiff and straight. Relax and go with the flow.
i was really stiff. i was scared and nervous.

thank you - bill is also telling me to relax all the time
Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #860
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
Clif, this forum is owned by an inmate named Baldy.

He also owns www.smugmug.com which is a photo hosting website. Profits from smugmug pay for the bandwidth advrider consumes.

That is why I pay to use smugmug instead of any of the other free hosting sites.

Now you're starting to understand why some of us get so torqued when someone messes with our bike.

When you get back to LA, hopefully you will be able to find some lightly used parts from eBay or somewhere else on the internet to repair the crash damage. There are a lot of people on adv that know how to turn wrenches and I bet they would help you. Use the dealer for warranty work and the more complicated service stuff.

You didn't hurt the frame or do any lasting damage.
thank you derrick... LA & long beach may not be that far away. i will come back to your comment
Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #861
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
Hi Cliff, here is a picture of Emilio Scotto’s Gold Wing that I took last year when coming home from Death Valley and spent the night in Laughlin, NV. I think that might be the only bike in the collection, but it was still worth the time to visit.

http://www.riversideresort.com/enter...nt.aspx?id=175

thank you, i talked about this to bill. i love the stickers!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #862
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2007 View Post
Someone with some skills needs to photoshop some sponsor stickes on Clif's GTL
That's a great idea! thank you!

thanks for putting this out there
Old 07-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #863
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Instead of future trip plannings and the money thing, concentrate on the present day and learn some proper riding techniques. They do ride with both hands after all and that is the proper technique.

I kept my mouth shut but everyday I check on here you seem to have done something stressfull. That little thing with the Infinity in my neighborhood, if you knew how much that could have costed you financially had the "boys/gals in red" caught you, and that is if they even would have let you leave with the bike and not suspend your license for a week and towed your bike away. Not where I go for entertainement, way too dangerous that stretch of road, much worse on week-ends....no riding single handed there that's for sure.

But yes, I rode it just last week with both hands on the steering and at less than 120 Km/hr. No shaking in the curves even with an unbalanced front tire and getting worn rear. BTW by the time I got back home, less than 100 Kms til my rear showed cords.
ohhh... you had angels with you

that's not coincidence that you got home just before your cords showed!

guys / gals in red! I thought you were talking about some nightclub uniform at first (really!)
Old 07-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #864
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Hi Clif,

Riding from LA to Uruguay would involve Mexico, Central America, Colombia, Peru, Chile (and/or Bolivia), Argentina and finally Uruguay

Mexico could be considered safe enough to ride on your GTL, and also the way down (South) from Peru to Uruguay.

But,…

Can´t say that Central America is safe…

And in Colombia they use to kidnap people… well, don’t know, but it’s strongly not recommended to make a solo trip through this country! (Your relatives should have to pay "some" money for your life)

You also can get a plane to fly from LA to Montevideo,… once in Montevideo you can rent a 1200 GS (here or at Argentina because renting is cheaper there) and trip to the South end (like Ushuaia in “Tierra del Fuego”), following the highest mountains in all Americas at “Los Andes”… After that, you could say that you have made both ends (North: Alaska and South: Tierra del Fuego)!

With Bill, we are planning to trip to Ushaia on southern summertime (by 2012 end and/or 2013 beginning), maybe you could join us!

ps: how can I insert a photograph here?
there's a little yellow mountain moon icon you can click. Then enter the url / direct link from photobucket. but... a advrider mentioned a site baldy put up for photos - so you can use that too

money that kidnappers want to let me go? my family would be more than happy to PAY to have me kidnapped!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #865
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Hi Clif,

Riding from LA to Uruguay would involve Mexico, Central America, Colombia, Peru, Chile (and/or Bolivia), Argentina and finally Uruguay

Mexico could be considered safe enough to ride on your GTL, and also the way down (South) from Peru to Uruguay.

But,…

Can´t say that Central America is safe…

And in Colombia they use to kidnap people… well, don’t know, but it’s strongly not recommended to make a solo trip through this country! (Your relatives should have to pay "some" money for your life)

You also can get a plane to fly from LA to Montevideo,… once in Montevideo you can rent a 1200 GS (here or at Argentina because renting is cheaper there) and trip to the South end (like Ushuaia in “Tierra del Fuego”), following the highest mountains in all Americas at “Los Andes”… After that, you could say that you have made both ends (North: Alaska and South: Tierra del Fuego)!

With Bill, we are planning to trip to Ushaia on southern summertime (by 2012 end and/or 2013 beginning), maybe you could join us!

ps: how can I insert a photograph here?
you're the first to mention hazards there. so i am paying close attention to what you write. i joke around sometimes - but i do appreciate this. thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #866
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgnu View Post
Clif,

You will tour on your BMW and make money as a motivational speaker.

Ride SAFE and smell the roses along the way.

oh... i do like smelling flowers

the white bitsy clumpy flowers in anchorage smelled so good

and the pine trees in BC and Alberta smell so good too
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #867
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDenial View Post
Do a tour ride stopping at schools giving motivational talks to the kids. You know, no drugs, no alcohol, graduate, and live your dream. You could get paid for it and tour at the same time. Heck, I'd pay to hear you.
Thank you - i have been thinking about this since I read your suggestion. And I'd be honored to have you in the audience (just hope you're not the only one!)
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #868
ClifNotes
Facebook Me!

2012 jul 17 0017 @ polson montana

my memory isn't working too well. i'm probably too tired.

bill is sleeping so i can't turn on the lights to look for the mosquito(S) i think is lurking in the room

i mean... i could turn on the lights, but i don't want to disturb his sleep

today the sunset was very beautiful. cindy was teaching me how to fix the faring on my gtl and bill noticed the beautiful sunset.

i'll try to post more photos soon, but... there's so little time i have for the internet.

anyway, another big reason is that i often post photos only when there are special requests for it ( like snow heaves , or requests for pics of me and bill together).

remember last night i washed my gtl and rode it around? i might ride my gtl tonight too.

i'm just so tired.

BUT HAVING A LOT OF FUN. AND THINKING A LOT!

oh - so today we crossed from alberta? canada into montana
Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #869
fldigger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClifNotes View Post
not sure if anchorage balanced them.

coolant from the front - looking under the headlights - it's full after bill filled it.

but indy from the river raft said i should have put it direct into the ... engine? or... i forgot. but he said the plastic thing we poured it in was only the leftover from fumes.

RADIATOR! he said we should have put it there. but i have no idea how to get to it on the gtl
Don't listen to them - What bill did is correct!!

2012 K1600GTL - Silver, 2011 Concours 14 - Silver.
fldigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #870
Redbuddha
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
http://www.atlasrider.com/

http://www.atlasrider.com/
He is a comedian and adventure rider.

http://youtu.be/VhuABNIAzAI