Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Rob.G OP
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,029
Q for Zumo 660/665 owners with most current maps

My Zumo 665 has been bugging me from time to time about updating the maps. I haven't really been willing to spend the money to do it since this is probably my most hated GPS ever owned... yet I still use it because I have the special mounts for each of my bikes, and it's waterproof.

One of the reasons I dislike it so much is the pixel-doubling on the maps. The fancy 480x272 display is effectively cut down to 240x136 because of the way the maps are rendered. Like, if you zoom up about 0.3mi, you no longer see side roads and trails, and if you go above 0.8mi, you ONLY see major roads and interstates. It's idiotic.

So my question is this... any of you who have the updated 2013 maps -- has this been fixed? If it has, it'd be worth updating. If not, I'll keep the ones I have and continue waiting for a better solution than this POS. The new Zumo 350LM looks interesting, but it's $700 and I'm not about to spend that on one until I know they've fixed most of the problems on the 66x series (the map resolution being only one of them).

Thanks!

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote