Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #211
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Thank you Num1husker. That was very helpful and I don't have them. Thought I did. Looks like I will be calling Empire Cycle in Spokane on Monday. How much extra do these cost and how hard are they to put on?
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #212
num1husker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
grips

Pretty darn easy, the hardest part is re-using the 6 push nuts on each side that Guzzi uses to hold the 2 side panels together.

I bought my kit from MPH Cycles in Houston (referred by guy's on this site), they have the heated grip kit and turn signal mirror kit as well in stock. I may write them an email and ask them to add the push nuts to the kit, it would cut an hour or so off the install and a lot of UN-warranted frustration.

The only thing I would have done different would be to fill the bars with shot before sealing them up. Pretty easy to do and I'll take care of it in the next few weeks.

jr
num1husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #213
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Thank you.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #214
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
any demo bikes out there?

Not sure what kind of answers I'll get to this question, but does anybody know if there are demo NTXs, if so, where? Is it like trying to find an albino penguin?
I'm really wanting to ride one before winter time so I can start getting finances in order if this is the one. I'm also going to the Motorcycle show in Atlanta on Nov. 3, and will be interested to see if Guzzi will have representation there. That way I can ask questions, sit on one, and imagine I was riding it, listening to the throaty growl of the exhaust note, dipping it from side to side in the twisties, loading it with camping gear off to the Ironhorse Lodge, arriving in total comfort from the quality of a proper seat, not worrying about gas stations .... based on the previous posts of course!

Thanks for the reply Sock Monkey, again.

Thanks for any info leading to a ride on an NTX!
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #215
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

All I know is I showed up with helmet in hand and a serious face and Empire wheeled her right out and off my wife and I went. Sometimes I think if you have your wife, or someone who looks like your wife, they think you are real serious:)
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #216
slipknot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Not sure what kind of answers I'll get to this question, but does anybody know if there are demo NTXs, if so, where? Is it like trying to find an albino penguin?
Redline Performance Motorsports in Yorktown, Virginia is still showing two NTX models on their website, I'm assuming they have them and can't move them to the locals. Perhaps a call to question their sales staff? A bit of a drive for you but bringing one home would make it an pleasurable journey.

Rider's Hill or European Motorsports in Dahlonega rents the Norge, Griso, V7, etc. I'm hoping to try one or two next week. They had Aprilia demos earlier this month but I missed it. If that event included Moto Guzzi there might be demos at other dealers. Perhaps a call to Rider's Hill to ask?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #217
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
Redline Performance Motorsports in Yorktown, Virginia is still showing two NTX models on their website, I'm assuming they have them and can't move them to the locals. Perhaps a call to question their sales staff? A bit of a drive for you but bringing one home would make it an pleasurable journey.

Rider's Hill or European Motorsports in Dahlonega rents the Norge, Griso, V7, etc. I'm hoping to try one or two next week. They had Aprilia demos earlier this month but I missed it. If that event included Moto Guzzi there might be demos at other dealers. Perhaps a call to Rider's Hill to ask?
Yes, Rider's Hill is a frequent stop on our way to great riding, I already emailed David and he said they are getting two, but no demo's.
So, I guess I it comes down to exercising patience until spring or finding a really nice fellow adventure rider with an NTX....

It's still kind of exciting reading about them and seeing all the great pics of your adventures out there....
Old 09-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #218
Chuck in Indiana
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
So, I guess I it comes down to exercising patience until spring or finding a really nice fellow adventure rider with an NTX....
You should have come to the KY Guzzi Rally this past weekend. There were four Stelvios there -- two '12 NTX and two earlier year models. A good showing out of the 50 or so bikes in attendance. And the roads in that area (north of Frankfort) are very good for riding.
Chuck in Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #219
leafman60 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,574
As of late last week, Riders Hill in Dahlonega GA has a new black '12 NTX that just arrived.
leafman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #220
GabrielZD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I am also having trouble finding a Stelvio NTX. I have narrowed my options to the Triumph Explorer or Stevio NTX. I would just like to take a look at one. I am in NE Florida and I have called 3 dealers within reasonable driving distance and none of them have a Stelvio NTX. I even called Guzzi NA to see if they would be in Daytona this month for Biketoberfest. They said no. So I guess the closest place I can lay my eyes on one of these beauties is about 7 hrs away at Riders Hill in GA.
GabrielZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #221
MooMoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielZD View Post
I am also having trouble finding a Stelvio NTX. I have narrowed my options to the Triumph Explorer or Stevio NTX. I would just like to take a look at one. I am in NE Florida and I have called 3 dealers within reasonable driving distance and none of them have a Stelvio NTX. I even called Guzzi NA to see if they would be in Daytona this month for Biketoberfest. They said no. So I guess the closest place I can lay my eyes on one of these beauties is about 7 hrs away at Riders Hill in GA.
I know what you mean. I assume you are in Jacksonville or close to it. If so I hope you went to Honda of JAX and told the sales manager that he made a big mistake for not ordering any. I was told he said he didn't order any because they don't sell. Boy was he wrong. I guess you would possible be the second one he could have sold as I might have bought the first. Now that the new BMW is coming out I may take a look at them. Depending on price but I feel I might get better service with them. I really like the Guzzi but if I can't find one without going half way across the country I can't buy it.
MooMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #222
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielZD View Post
Worth the ride.
1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #223
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

For 10,000$ difference I would be patient and find a ride. My estimate is that if you ride the BMW and Stelvio side by side you won't go home with a BMW unless you are just plain stubborn and have money to burn....the Stelvio has BMW nervous.

Who wants a BMW when you can have a dependable Ferrari. And that coming from a guy who really likes BMWs.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #224
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post
I know what you mean. I assume you are in Jacksonville or close to it. If so I hope you went to Honda of JAX and told the sales manager that he made a big mistake for not ordering any. I was told he said he didn't order any because they don't sell. Boy was he wrong. I guess you would possible be the second one he could have sold as I might have bought the first. Now that the new BMW is coming out I may take a look at them. Depending on price but I feel I might get better service with them. I really like the Guzzi but if I can't find one without going half way across the country I can't buy it.
I'm hoping I can find someone from Moto Guzzi at the motorcycle show in November to chat with and maybe get some answers concerning dealer support, number of bikes coming to the US, any demos anywhere, etc.
I'll go so far as asking if I can ride the regional rep's Stelvio, if there is one, rep or bike.'
The more I read, the more I want one, natural isn't it...I may have to unsubscribe to this thread .....

Can we see more pictures please??
Old 10-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #225
leafman60 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,574
Well, I've gone back to the GPR exhaust on my Stelvio NTX.

I ordered and installed it shortly after buying the Guzzi. It was okay but, on the road, was a wee-bit too loud for me. It is the "racing" muffler with straight-through, no baffle discharge.

I removed it and replaced it with the stock unit while I investigated fitting an Akrapovic. In the mean time, I contacted the italians at GPR and they said they offered a DB killer for the muffler. I ordered one and installed it and all is fine now.

The GPR gives the bike a deep mellow tone but a huge benefit is the weight savings of installing the new muffler. I weighed both the stock muffler and the GPR Titanium. The GPR switch saves me 15 pounds !

If you order a GPR, I recommend that you be sure it is the version that comes with the baffle. Otherwise, you can order the baffle or DB killer separately for more money.

leafman60 is offline   Reply With Quote