Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #46
Danger4u2 OP
KX & CR 500 Rider

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
If you are looking for ideas on how to improve the ramp, this is how the horse van industry does it. The ramp stores under the floor, and is pulled out on rollers. While it can be disconnected from the van for refurb purposes, it generally stays attached to the van.
I wanted a U-Haul type slide in ramp but the 3rd member on the rear end sticks up to much. Also I would have to modify many cross members. For now, with the added deck I use my aluminum ramp I use with my pick up. It's a folder so it's as wide as a tailgate. So far I have been able to back up to a small hill for less angle. On flat ground the p.u. ramp is to short and the angel will bottom the bike. The deck adds 4 feet, maybe a shortened version of my fire engine ladder ramp would work in a slide in configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attico View Post
Nice thread. Not sure why i like it so much...maybe it summons myinner red neck.

Be sure to make a sign for between the top warning lights. My vote goes to "Old Skool".
2 of my friends inner redneck borders on inner hillbilly. Commenting on the deck, one say's mount a skeet thrower and the other say's bolt on a Lazy- boy with a seat belt.

Danger4u2 screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 10:59 AM
Danger4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #47
Danger4u2 OP
KX & CR 500 Rider

I've had a little time to work on the bus. Sand blasted the framework, front/ rear bumpers and boxed in the C-channel.
Primed and painted. I hope this is the last time to put it back together.

I cut the holes for the lights.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #48
Danger4u2 OP
KX & CR 500 Rider

I made time to work on the bus and made some real head way. I finished the wiring for the lights in the decks bumper. I'm 2 inches short of the length that requires me to have brake/tail and blinker lights in the decks bumper. I don't need some over zealous cop pulling me over just to find out I'm not breaking the rules. So, to stop that problem I installed the lights. Plus it adds to the safety factor. Short video of the lights. Click picture.

The sequencing turn signals give it a cool look.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...-sfa/558/1760/

I also replaced all the brake, tail and turn lights on the bus. These are direct swap. Take off the old, cut the wires, splice in the new wires and screw on the new LED lights.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...-bus-lamp/566/

For $5 dollars each I added a brake light strobe module to the 2 brake lights on the bus. If/when I add back up lights in the deck bumper I will add the strobe module to them.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...odule/195/845/

I ground off all the sharp edges left from cutting the legs from the deck, beefed up some welds and painted.

Danger4u2 screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 09:01 AM
Danger4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #49
Danger4u2 OP
KX & CR 500 Rider

The deck works.

Took the quad out on the bus for the first time. Went well until time to leave. Yes it's Winter here and wet.
The tires were wet and muddy as I loaded, the right front tire got into the tail light, breaking the housing.
$10 dollar fix. I need to replace them with low profile L.E.D. lights and build a protective ring around it.
My ramp needs to be 3 feet longer or park next to a small hill. The deck will work but at some point
I want an overhead or a swing door on the back. It sucks if I want to take the quad and pick up friends
along the way we have to unload the quad to load bikes into the bus. I also worry about the quad getting
ripped when I'm riding one of the bikes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: