ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #181
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
I think BF may surprise people. They have a serious budget, and put in an impressive display in Sardegna, which bodes well for their organization.

All in all, I'm excited to see a deeper field at the top. I think KTM may get a bit of a run for it's money between Honda, and BF.

But I stand by the comment that there are only a few riders who can lead from the front... and KTM has most of them.
Don't forget that most of the bikes in Sardegna were lightweight enduro, short liaisons and stages and the BF team had low number draws which was a massive advantage there.

Yes they have good riders, but the Dakar will be a very different test as you know better than most, but without a doubt they will be up there.

If the new bikes hold up, all round it's going to be a great event.

The only issue is that it's still 5 months away !

clap

too old screwed with this post 08-01-2012 at 09:14 AM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #182
Deadly99
Fast and Far
 
Deadly99's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Merrickville, Canada
Oddometer: 8,760
At last years Dakar the BF camp looked very, very, very low budget compared to KTM. Sadly a part of the race is money so unless BF is putting a much larger effort into it I dont foresee them being competitve with KTM. Just my two cents. But who knows, maybe with them hiring new riders and the bike development they intend to throw mega $'s at the race..time will tell.
__________________
Tales From The Bivouac Rally Print Publications

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)


Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #183
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 18,083
Early bets the f5 casino...

Okay... the official entry acceptances have been dealt out, we've got three major teams throwing a hat in the ring, plus the usual mix of star studded supporting cast of privateer teams/bikes...

So when's the book being started and what odds are being given on who...?

I've still got people that owe me from last year...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #184
neduro
Addict
 
neduro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Oddometer: 11,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
At last years Dakar the BF camp looked very, very, very low budget compared to KTM. Sadly a part of the race is money so unless BF is putting a much larger effort into it I dont foresee them being competitve with KTM.
Ted, my understanding is that last year was a "see what we need year" and this year they are pulling the trigger on the money gun. But of course, time will tell for sure.
__________________
Doubletake Mirrors- Folding D/S mirror that is both useful and indestructible.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #185
Deadly99
Fast and Far
 
Deadly99's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Merrickville, Canada
Oddometer: 8,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Ted, my understanding is that last year was a "see what we need year" and this year they are pulling the trigger on the money gun. But of course, time will tell for sure.

That would be cool as last year they didnt seem like they threw much more money at it than "our" team. Although they did have those fancy bike covers..and a pressure washer, no rags and bottles of water for their PBC (Professional Bike Cleaner )





You'll also note the lack of duct tape on their easy up
__________________
Tales From The Bivouac Rally Print Publications

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)


Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #186
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
That would be cool as last year they didnt seem like they threw much more money at it than "our" team. Although they did have those fancy bike covers..and a pressure washer, no rags and bottles of water for their PBC (Professional Bike Cleaner )





You'll also note the lack of duct tape on their easy up
Hey, it's an Italian team, they would make a dog turd look like a piece of fillet steak


But what will it taste like? D

too old screwed with this post 08-01-2012 at 10:34 AM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #187
dashmoto
Serial Tinkerer
 
dashmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: East Midlands, UK
Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Ted, my understanding is that last year was a "see what we need year" and this year they are pulling the trigger on the money gun. But of course, time will tell for sure.

There's an article in the new issue of Trail Bike Magazine (in the UK) which backs up your understanding, and suggests the money gun has plenty of ammunition.
__________________
(formerly 'uberthumper')

www.dashmoto.net
dashmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #188
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashmoto View Post
There's an article in the new issue of Trail Bike Magazine (in the UK) which backs up your understanding, and suggests the money gun has plenty of ammunition.
want

__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #189
dashmoto
Serial Tinkerer
 
dashmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: East Midlands, UK
Oddometer: 414
A few bits and pieces from the TBM article on Bordone Ferrari...

- Mr Ferrari is a Milanese architect, and the 'passion' behind the team
- Mrs Bordone is a 'successful businesswoman whose grandfather was involved in the motorcycle business between the wars', and the money behind the team.
- Have apparently already spent 'millions' of Euros on the project
- Put three riders on KTM 450RRs into the top ten at the 2012 Dakar
- A lot of their mechanics came from the Farioli KTM EWC team
- Rumoured to have offered Juha Salminen half a million Euros to ride for them in EWC
- The lack of *any* sponsor branding is deliberate - planning to keep the identity of the brand clean and professional until the 'right' deal can be done with a big outside sponsor, not someone that will give them 'five sets of kit'.
- Have had meetings with the ASO about raising the profile of the Dakar in Italy
- There will be a small production run of the BF rally bike.
__________________
(formerly 'uberthumper')

www.dashmoto.net
dashmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #190
Gian
dreamer
 
Gian's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: north east of Italy
Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashmoto View Post
A few bits and pieces from the TBM article on Bordone Ferrari...

- Mr Ferrari is a Milanese architect, and the 'passion' behind the team
- Mrs Bordone is a 'successful businesswoman whose grandfather was involved in the motorcycle business between the wars', and the money behind the team.
- Have apparently already spent 'millions' of Euros on the project
- Put three riders on KTM 450RRs into the top ten at the 2012 Dakar
- A lot of their mechanics came from the Farioli KTM EWC team
- Rumoured to have offered Juha Salminen half a million Euros to ride for them in EWC
- The lack of *any* sponsor branding is deliberate - planning to keep the identity of the brand clean and professional until the 'right' deal can be done with a big outside sponsor, not someone that will give them 'five sets of kit'.
- Have had meetings with the ASO about raising the profile of the Dakar in Italy
- There will be a small production run of the BF rally bike.
One of their mechanics is Romeo Feliciani, he was Fabrizio Meoni's historic mechanic and close friend
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #191
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer
 
tehdutchie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam or on Twitter @antal
Oddometer: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashmoto View Post
A few bits and pieces from the TBM article on Bordone Ferrari...

- Mr Ferrari is a Milanese architect, and the 'passion' behind the team
- Mrs Bordone is a 'successful businesswoman whose grandfather was involved in the motorcycle business between the wars', and the money behind the team.
- Have apparently already spent 'millions' of Euros on the project
- Put three riders on KTM 450RRs into the top ten at the 2012 Dakar
- A lot of their mechanics came from the Farioli KTM EWC team
- Rumoured to have offered Juha Salminen half a million Euros to ride for them in EWC
- The lack of *any* sponsor branding is deliberate - planning to keep the identity of the brand clean and professional until the 'right' deal can be done with a big outside sponsor, not someone that will give them 'five sets of kit'.
- Have had meetings with the ASO about raising the profile of the Dakar in Italy
- There will be a small production run of the BF rally bike.
Hell, if you buy 20 sets of wheels with the wrong talon hubs and instead of returning them just say 'could be handy for the enduro team' , you prbably have enough budget...
__________________
=> http://www.eatdirt.nl/blog <=
tehdutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #192
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer
 
Evil Invader's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Hell-sing-land, Sweden
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
One of their mechanics is Romeo Feliciani, he was Fabrizio Meoni's historic mechanic and close friend
And the BF stocks just went up 1500%
__________________
690 "DIY" thread (incl. "Rallybike build"): http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708813

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #193
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,292
BF's rally bike model number is actually a little play on letters if care to look close..

Renato Ferrari is a huge fan of MEONI

Look for them on this side of the pond..
__________________
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #194
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer
 
Evil Invader's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Hell-sing-land, Sweden
Oddometer: 642
Ok, but what ever happened to the Honda this thread started about?
__________________
690 "DIY" thread (incl. "Rallybike build"): http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708813

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #195
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Invader View Post
Ok, but what ever happened to the Honda this thread started about?
It will be coming to a Sand Dune near you soon !!!
Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014