Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #751
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,323
JC said that there were only 3 of the new 450 rallies ready.
For the Moroccan race.

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #752
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
If I were Husqvarna PR I would make that picture the Christmas card cover. And send it to everyone at HRC in December.

We did the same thing a ton at Dakar. After struggling with turning ideas into solutions for months, you come out of the woods and meet all the other guys that were struggling with the exact same set of requirements, and of course found different answers.

Really fun feeling of camaraderie when you can point at a bolt here or a circuit there and know the other guy gets all the thought that went into it, language or no.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #753
DruncleWill
CRASH TESTED

Oddometer: 269
Wicked Helder throws down the gauntlet

After the good performance in the Rally of Morocco, where it debuted at number one rider HRC team, driving a Honda CRF450 Rally, Hélder Rodrigues has returned to Portugal bringing in increasingly realistic ambition of power triumph in the 2013 edition Dakar.

Upon arrival in Lisbon the Honda driver, Red Bull and TMN, stressed that "it was very important to have ido well prepared for this race. Only then can win the big marathons all-terrain. I trained a lot before the race even in Morocco, which allowed me to go very well in this rally and thus overcome power riders like Marc Coma and Cyril Despres. Unfortunately we had a mechanical mishap that kept us from winning the race debut soon, but given that this was the first shakedown of Honda for the Dakar, I am sure that the HRC team will work hard to ensure that nothing fails in South America .'m actually very confident that you can win the Dakar 2013, "said the rider who will participate in the Baja 500 Portalegre after conducting a thorough test session in order to Dakar.

Ler mais: http://autosport.sapo.pt/helder-rodr...#ixzz2A4bSdH1c
DruncleWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #754
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruncleWill View Post
After the good performance in the Rally of Morocco, where it debuted at number one rider HRC team, driving a Honda CRF450 Rally, Hélder Rodrigues has returned to Portugal bringing in increasingly realistic ambition of power triumph in the 2013 edition Dakar.

Upon arrival in Lisbon the Honda driver, Red Bull and TMN, stressed that "it was very important to have ido well prepared for this race. Only then can win the big marathons all-terrain. I trained a lot before the race even in Morocco, which allowed me to go very well in this rally and thus overcome power riders like Marc Coma and Cyril Despres. Unfortunately we had a mechanical mishap that kept us from winning the race debut soon, but given that this was the first shakedown of Honda for the Dakar, I am sure that the HRC team will work hard to ensure that nothing fails in South America .'m actually very confident that you can win the Dakar 2013, "said the rider who will participate in the Baja 500 Portalegre after conducting a thorough test session in order to Dakar.

Ler mais: http://autosport.sapo.pt/helder-rodr...#ixzz2A4bSdH1c
I like the way he call the aliens "power riders". I want to be a power rider one day when i grow up too!

He is ambitious to say he is going to challenge the boys to win the Dakar. If anyone can take if from Coma and Despres it will be him, who has been shadowing them for years now. But its a long race and anything can happen. I can't wait.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #755
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,223
I remember seeing him on Portuguese/spain stages back when they started there before jumping on the ship... thinking he would be a force to reckon with.. Now with a full factory support team we shall see !
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #756
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,389
Team HRC leaves Morocco satisfied of the team work as Rodrigues wins the final stage.

http://www.hondaproracing.com/rally/...20%2F10%2F2012

Pretty sure Honda will be happy - the world if full of what if's and the world of rally racing probably has more than most, but if Honda had not had some small technical issues, which they will resolve before Dakar given their technical expertise and knowledge and investment, then they would have had 2 bikes and riders in the top 5, maybe even 2 podiums, including the win from Helder's point of view as referenced above in DruncleWill's post

Bring on the Dakar, can't wait

too old screwed with this post 10-22-2012 at 07:43 PM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #757
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
I like the way he call the aliens "power riders". I want to be a power rider one day when i grow up too!
Google translate has its limitations

He said:
Quote:
Treinei muito antes da corrida inclusive em Marrocos, o que me permitiu entrar muito bem neste Rali e dessa forma poder superar pilotos como o Marc Coma e o Cyril Despres.
Which roughly means

Quote:
I trained a lot before the race, inclusively in Morocco, this allowed me to come in very welll in this Rallye and thus be able to superate pilots like Marc Coma and Cyril Despres.

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #758
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M View Post
Google translate has its limitations

He said: Which roughly means
Quote:
I trained a lot before the race, inclusively in Morocco, this allowed me to come in very welll in this Rallye and thus be able to superate pilots like Marc Coma and Cyril Despres.
Ah, I never realized it was a direct translation, and what he is really saying is "Step aside boys, its my turn now". I guess Helder has been waiting for this opportunity, frustrated, for a very long time. It reveals a little of what he has been thinking all these years. Probably a little bit like Jonah felt.

Even so, I think I'll still dream of one day somehow becoming a "power rider".
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #759
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Ah, I never realized it was a direct translation, and what he is really saying is "Step aside boys, its my turn now". I guess Helder has been waiting for this opportunity, frustrated, for a very long time. It reveals a little of what he has been thinking all these years. Probably a little bit like Jonah felt.

Even so, I think I'll still dream of one day somehow becoming a "power rider".
No one ever dreams of becoming an 'alien', but 'Power Rider'..... that's a whole other realm!

"Lil Johnny, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"A 'Power Rider' daddy!"

You mean 'Power Ranger', right Johnny?"

"No daddy, a 'POWER RIDER' like that Depress in a Coma guy!"

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #760
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,457
Power rider... turningfrom blue to red...?

Quote:
I still dream of one day somehow becoming a "power rider".
That's good Bluebull... every young bloke should have a goal in life...

HRC Vers.1.0

HRC Vers 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #761
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,839
Quote:
Ah, I never realized it was a direct translation
Yep, auto translators are becoming that good!

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #762
DruncleWill
CRASH TESTED

Oddometer: 269
New video from HRC

Looks like they heard some of the complaints about the music tracts. Seems like they came up with something worse.
http://youtu.be/GBqnPSowSnI

DruncleWill screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 05:35 PM Reason: Listened at home, what a wreck ...
DruncleWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #763
BajasWorld
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
BajasWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #764
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,340
Anyone note the sponsor cover up on helder in the HRC video ?

Also anyone know the problem that stopped helder ?
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #765
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajasWorld View Post
Mr Yamazaki: "Okay gentlemen, what Henke demonstrating here is our current vapour lock design... As you can see, we have equip vapour lock with left handed meteric thread... to counteract the coreolis effect that exist in southern hemisphere. We believe that at high altitude we will subject CRF 450 Rally to under racing conditions; this will give us competitive edge over our rivals.

As you know, Helder experience some problem with vapour lock in Maroc Rallye... so for next engine testing, we shall trial second generation Vers. 2.1 vapour lock; with feature "tuppaware sealing ring". HRC engine technician hope this will keep "freshness" of octane rating in fuel, and provide us with competitve edge over our rivals!"

Seriously (genuinely). I really DO hope that HRC take it to KTM this year... and even ultimately WIN the Dakar. It would be great for the sport, bringing the ten year domination to an end, and opening the window of opportunity that other manufactures (like Husqvarna and Yamaha) will also join the fray.

That would cause KTM to up the ante (again)... as they have gradually been scaling back - since the glory days of their six and eight rider Gauliouse/Repsol factory team efforts of the early 2000's - yet STILL winning... so in reality the bean counters have not had to justify any greater expenditure.

But I think it's going to take more than just a fleet of box vans and some factory motor bits for the HRC effort to take the DAKAR trophy from Mattighofens grasp... and even with the great team of riders, staff of technicians and the economic leverage that HONDA have assembled for this effort... the "timeframe" they are working with is still a BIG ask... even for the might of the HRC corporation...

KTM have four years of practice in the batting cages with their 450 RR and the team management/lead pitchers have been out there in the "big leagues" for the best part of ten years.

January will be a big one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote