Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #151
RobbieO
Muskokatard

Oddometer: 7,490
Lisa (Mrs. Robbie O) took some video on her cell phone of some of the bike procession........

Old 07-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #152
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
That was a great send-off.

I haven't said anything here because I couldn't come up with anything meaningful to say that hadn't already been said many times. Dave always wanted to try a wheelie on my 1150RT geezer bike, and never got the chance. Now I guess I'll have to find a good place to practice some of those, just for him.

Big smile, bigger laugh, huge heart, boundless generosity. I'll miss ya, Dave.

Here's to you
I'll try and wheelie my 1150RT tomorrrow.. :-)
Clutch be damned!
Cheers, B

PS. I can wheelie my KLR no problem.
PiffleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #153
gs mack
go dutch

Oddometer: 107
Just read about Dave' passing my condolance to his family.

Hans
gs mack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #154
jacob_ns
Helicopter Doctor

Oddometer: 224
I met a (Michael?) tonight in Halifax, NS who was on his R1200GS at the local bike night in the downtown and he told me of Dave and his accident. While I didn't know Dave, this thread shows he had a significant impact on this community and his presence will be missed.

Condolences to all family and friends. RIP Dave.
jacob_ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:25 AM   #155
dieselpower
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Just found out about Dave, my condolances to his family and friends, my thoughts are with you.
dieselpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #156
Crazylegs Bob
Tiger Tamer

Oddometer: 109
Dave's passing has left a hole in my heart and life as I'm sure it has for anyone who had the privilege to meet him. Dr. Cool , you truly lived up to your moniker and will forever be missed and remembered. My condolences go out to all his friends and family
Crazylegs Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #157
Feisty Fred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Ever since I heard the news I have been searching my mind for the right words to say to comfort and ease the pain for all Dave's family & friends.
But during this difficult time there are no words strong enough to penetrate the strong feelings that arise from the loss of a loved one.
There are the same words that are heard over & over that one soon becomes numb too, but none can fill the hole left in the heart.
So I have come to realize it's not the words that are important it's the knowing that people are there for you and that you don't have to go though it alone.
With this thought in mind it was amazing to see and feel the love and support from everyone that attended Dave's service yesterday and from everyone that has sent their condolences over the past week through posts.
I can't speak for all Dave's family & friends but I myself felt great comfort from being surrounded by so many supportive people.

Thanks to each & everyone of you.

Dave you will remain in our hearts & thoughts for ever, as will your family.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #158
MCCadders
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Roost In Peace DRCOOL

I only had the privaledge of meeting DRCOOL once at EAOR 2012, and as everbody has said already he made me feel like a returning old friend, fantastic bloke, infectious smile and laugh and full of great one liners! I asked him for some advice over food / beer after the Saturday ride (last year I crashed on the TAT and broke both arms), I asked him what I should have done when things were going to sh*t, he just smiled, looked me in the eye and said "Commit and drop yer elbow!" followed by a massive belly laugh!! I think beer came out my nose.

Fantastic guy, there are not many people we can remember having only spent 20minutes chatting! But he's one of the few!

Elbow Down DRCool!!
"Just drop yer elbow and give 'er, once you're committed f*ckin hang on" DRCOOL EOAR 2012

MCCadders screwed with this post 07-13-2012 at 11:32 AM
MCCadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #159
jacqui
Falling overrrrr....

Oddometer: 121
If we all took a generous slice of Dave's humility, generosity, kindness and joie de vivre, there would still be plenty of pie left over to share. Let each of us walk away this week with a serving. Dave lived life to the fullest, and left us doing what he loved. Ride on, Dr. Cool

life is short...go for a ride
jacqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #160
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,672
That bares repeating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fred View Post
Ever since I heard the news I have been searching my mind for the right words to say to comfort and ease the pain for all Dave's family & friends.
But during this difficult time there are no words strong enough to penetrate the strong feelings that arise from the loss of a loved one.
There are the same words that are heard over & over that one soon becomes numb too, but none can fill the hole left in the heart.
So I have come to realize it's not the words that are important it's the knowing that people are there for you and that you don't have to go though it alone.
With this thought in mind it was amazing to see and feel the love and support from everyone that attended Dave's service yesterday and from everyone that has sent their condolences over the past week through posts.
I can't speak for all Dave's family & friends but I myself felt great comfort from being surrounded by so many supportive people.

Thanks to each & everyone of you.

Dave you will remain in our hearts & thoughts for ever, as will your family.
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #161
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,672
Doughy was looking a little butt-sore at the beginning, there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieO View Post
Lisa (Mrs. Robbie O) took some video on her cell phone of some of the bike procession........

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #162
waterlilly
No Agenda World Tour

Oddometer: 776
ADV goes beyond.....

ADV goes beyond.,…….
Just being a information/travel chat board.
After attending Dave’s funeral yesterday, I realized that that I need to say
Thank You to a guy named “Baldy” for creating a website. It was when I pulled into the funeral home parking lot, I saw what I now know is an extended family of the GTA and beyond. When I got of my bike and my eyes full of tears, there was a ADV member there to give me a hug. Many of us hugged and cried yesterday, as we bid a farwell to our amazing friend Dr. Cool. It was such a comfort to meet RevRandy who took the time to meet us and give comfort in a understanding way. I felt a peace after the blessing of the bikes and our own private farwell to Dave in the parking lot. After the funeral we all seem to break away for a ride to clear heads and then a group went back to Moondoggies farm to remember the Great times we had up there with Dr. Cool, Mrs Cool and the cool kids, Chyna and Shayne.
The guys were out side doing there guy stuff, and I sat inside with
Barb ( Moondoggie’s wife) most of you know her. We chatted about how Maggie and Dave worked so in tune with each other. And how she and Rob were the same. I then come to realize that this group seems to all fit the same work together/come together. When some one breaks down on the road there is a ADV member out there to help or call some one they know in that area.
Today as I drive my courier truck and I see so many bikes riding back from Port Dover’s Friday 13th.

I think of this wonderful group of friend and say ..

Thank God the ADV events are about unique little travel like minded

individual who “Really” ride the CooL preferred style of ADVEnture riding.

Cheers
Cath & Les
join us on Facebook

waterlilly screwed with this post 07-14-2012 at 04:04 AM
waterlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #163
doughy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Doughy was looking a little butt-sore at the beginning, there.

For a man, a father, a friend, a husband, a brother, a son and icon such as Dr.Cool, I could not salute such an outstanding individual as David John Morrison by sitting down as I passed by. The words that "we all should aspire to be even the slightest bit like him" hasn't stopped playing throughout my mind. I think about how we rode fight club and how difficult that ride was. At one point passing a few quads on the trail and them asking us "where are you going? cause we had to turn around" and Dave replying "we have a keg to get to once we're done here". At that point all of us riding that trail had been thinking we should turn around and just ride out the way we came in, but after he said that, I don't think any of us thought about turning around anymore. Dave, just smiled and laughed, and kept plugging along. He was the first guy to hop off his bike and push it though the only shallow part of a swamp and show us we could do it. Uber was chest deep in the swamp as Dave pushed his bike though, ( yes I know chest deep to Uber is only Knee deep to DrCool) needless to say, Dave just kept moving along with a smile on his face, and we could always hear him chuckling away at us when we followed. Dave also provided a keg for the "celebration" after we finished "Fight Club" trail. After hours of riding some of the most intense single track filled with swamps, rivers and creeks that had logs under the water you couldn't see Dave was back at the camp pouring out beer from the keg he supplied for everyone else with a big smile on his face and laughing about the day. I know for a fact, he made that day so much better due to his ability to keep everything light hearted and enjoyable. For the ones that rode that trail that day, we know how bad it was, and how much effort it took. It was insane and we were so exhausted that the keg didn't even get a noticeable dent in it's contents.

Dave and I shared a room at the hotel that night, sorta. You see, Dave spent the day riding a trail that should not be ridden by bikes. He spent the day in great spirits, kept us all from giving up, kept helping us with our bikes, and just kept helping us all. The trail was so difficult, a bike was left in the trail and Uber ended up being driven out on the back of his own bike! Once we all showered and got cleaned up, barely able to move, Dave, was still energetic and in great spirits, why? cause the next morning he was taking his family on a camping trip. He couldn't stop talking about how fun it was going to be with his family. Dr.Cool slept a couple hours, woke up at 4 am, hopped on to his trusty DRZ, and rode back to Burlington to make sure he was home in time to get the Family off to camping.

This little story, says what kind of person he was. He broke his back all day riding and hanging out with friends, helping them and being Dr.Cool, the amazing generous guy we all know, then at 4 am in the rain, he rode home, to be the best friend, father and husband. So many people would have slept in, or taken a few more hours sleep due to the hardships we faced on the fight club trail, hell, many people would have left trail halfway through knowing that in the morning they would be long weekend camping with their families. Not Dave, not Dr.Cool. He never let anyone down.

I couldn't sit down and salute a man of such family and friendship fortitude. The world would be a better place, if it had more people like him in it.

http://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSCF2056.flv

Until you come close to death, you really never know how or what it is to live.

Is it an adventure to find oneself, or is it destiny......

doughy screwed with this post 07-17-2012 at 12:10 AM Reason: Dr.Cool lived in Burlington not Hamilton
doughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #164
Timo Explorer
Trail Wizard

Oddometer: 256
OMG!!! Only heard about Dave's terrible accident this morning, I was away myself and only just got back. Such a shock.
I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Dr. Cool a couple of times, a true gentleman and decent fella, no BS. One of the good guys in the ADV world, he will definitely be missed.
My condolences to his family and friends, be strong.
"You can't stay young, but you can stay immature." -- Red Green
"Never leave spontaneity to chance." -- Neil Peart
Timo Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #165
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Oddometer: 8,068
While I never met Dr Cool, I'd like to offer my condolences to his Family and all of his friends at ADV

L 51.01.900 / L W 114.05.900

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Pick good friends and you'll never be lacking Family Me
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote