User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
BikeBrother OP
Motorisch gestoord

Oddometer: 120
BikeBrothers are back: Central Asia and Mongolia

"On a cold morning, looking out over the Colca Canyon in Peru, holding a hot cup of coffee in my hands, i see a Condor hover in the canyon. Gliding on themal she circles higher and higher. Unlimited freedom!
She flies over my head, looking down to me. In the corner of the eye I see my bike. Then I realize my DR is my wing. She takes me all over the world, let me fly into adventures, give me my freedom..."

So inmates, it's time to be free again... time to fly away and start another adventurous journey on our motorbikes.
But let us start to introduce ourselves.
We are the BikeBrothers Harald and Udo from the Netherlands. We travelled all over the world on our Suzuki's DR 600. Although we did not write our travel adventures here on ADVrider, you can get a glimpse on our site www.bikebrothers.nl
So this time we fly to Central Asia. This means we head for Kazachstan, Kyrgyzistan, Tadzjikistan, Russia and Mongolia.
The plan started 2 years ago on the AllRoadManiacs.nl forum for who wants to go to Central Asia and ship the bike to Almaty in Kazachstan to avoid the long ride to get there. Working out the plan, we decided to use the transport option to get our bikes there. Finally a group of 12 adventure riders joined up and we ship 12 motorbikes in a container by railway from Holland to Almaty. The bikes are on their way and we fly on july 14th.
The last winter we were busy with preparations of the bikes, paperwork, reading and much more.
Harald prepared his DR650 in his garage:

And Udo took his DRZ400 in his kitchen cos his barn was too damn cold this winter...

In june we crated the bikes and delivered them at the harbour in Rotterdam for transport by train to Almaty, Kazachstan.

and after a looooooong day work it just fits..... Time for a drink

So the next 3 months we want to share our adventures with you.

To be continued...

Ride your Dreams....

BikeBrother screwed with this post 07-09-2012 at 10:06 PM
BikeBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
burgerking
echt bezopen

Oddometer: 619
Cool

Veel plezier
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
beduina
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Ich freue mich für und mit Euch
beduina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
francs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Good luck Udo!
francs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
'Hoping your new trip will be chronicled here!

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
airhead80gs
n00b

Oddometer: 1
ha Broers,
geniet ervan, en drink niet te veel wodka!
cheers, peter theuwissen
airhead80gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #7
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,108
Define too much vodka..

Too much is never enough!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
arjen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Hee Harald en Udo,

Veel plezier mannen!
On the road again!
Keep the stories coming!

Arjen
arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
Olivier
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Was daar in 2010; kon door omstandigheden niet mee, ben nu stikjaloers! Veel plezier daar , vond vooral Mongolië onvergetelijk!
Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #10
mattt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
What an Adventurous life you have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: eek2

Really impatient to read you again guys!!!!!!
mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #11
BikeBrother OP
Motorisch gestoord

Oddometer: 120
A problem start...

Just on the very latest moment we get our pasports with all the visas: friday 13th at 16.00 hours....Now we can sleep again... The next morning we fly to Almaty, Kazachstan. On monday morning the whole group gathers at the Turkestan Hotel and wait for the contact person from the shipping agent. At 11.00 hours he calls the hotel and say that the customs have lunch till 14:00 hour. So we wait more...Finally he shows up and we go by taxi to the warehouse to pick up the motorbikes. There we have to wait till 16.00 hour for the container is opened. Yes, we have our bikesBut due to the rough transport, the fuel tank of Haralds suzuki is leaking. We ride back to the hotel and luckely the bike did not catch fire.
The next morning we visit the basar for breakfast with wodka and buy epoxy resin to fix the fuel tank.

Yep, enough vodka...

Finally we are on the road. We want to go to the Singing Sand dunes in Altyn Emel NP in east Kazachstan. There are no signs at all so we follow one off the tracks into the NP. The tracks get worse and some times quit steep over the green hills. Although it is fun riding on your motorbike here. At a farm we ask for a direction but they can not tell us which way it is. They can not show us because the map is in english. So we ride on compass to the south and after some hours the track ends at a small russian truck where the park ranger lives in summer time with his wive.

He wondered why and how we get here since we never passed an entry gate to the NP. Udo is pointing to his GPS and explains "I just follow the compass to the south". Marat, the park ranger is laughing and say that we were total out of direction to the sand dunes. "You can only reach it through the main entrance and that is far away". He invite us for tea and biscuits. We decide to go back and forget the Singing Sand dunes. We had enough sand for today.

Uhm, maybe too much vodka?

On our way to Kyrgyzstan we crossed a pass road with nice curves. Instead of going the max speedlimit of 50 km/hour we rode a little bit faster. On top of the pass was a police car with a speed camera. We and 3 other cars had to stop. The police man showed us the images in the car on a laptop which had recorded the speed of 76 km/hour. The fine would be 85 euro for each. All the car drivers are paying the fine but we are from Holland, dude. Udo don't have a wallet and Harald has only 9900 Tenge in his wallet which is about 50 euro. We show a credit card but the police officer with a very big police hat don't accept credit cards. He looks angry and is getting irritated. Udo is sitting next to the officer and is thinking, mmmhh, the hat would be a nice shelter if it is raining. After a while the police man takes 9500 Tenge and push us hard out of the police car, deal.

Ride your Dreams....

BikeBrother screwed with this post 07-21-2012 at 10:27 AM
BikeBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
beduina
Adventurer

Wink Sand,Wotka, Matka

Hallo ihr Beidenda habt Ihr ja schon einiges erlebt in den wenigen Tagen. Schöne Fotos.Es waren wohl am Vorabend einige Sto Gramm (Wotka)zu viel für die Suzuki,oder was hat sie im Sand gesucht :-)In der Wüste wächstdas Gemüse nicht , dass die Matka verkauft :-)ich sende Euch Grüße von zu Hause und wünsche weietr eine gute Reise.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
beduina
Adventurer

Hallo ihr Beiden
da habt Ihr ja schon einiges erlebt in den wenigen Tagen. Schöne Fotos.
Es waren wohl am Vorabend einige Sto Gramm (Wotka) zu viel für die Suzuki,oder was hat sie im Sand gesucht :-)In der Wüste wächst das Gemüse nicht , dass die Matka verkauft :-)
Liebe Grüße von zu Hause und weietr eine gute Reise.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
beduina
Adventurer

Hallo ihr Beiden
da habt Ihr ja schon einiges erlebt in den wenigen Tagen. Schöne Fotos.
Es waren wohl am Vorabend einige Sto Gramm (Wotka)zu viel für die Suzuki,oder was hat sie im Sand gesucht :-)
In der Wüste wächst das Gemüse nicht , dass die Matka verkauft :-)
Liebe Grüße von zu Hause und weietr eine gute Reise.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
beduina
Adventurer

sorry,
ich bin hier noch nicht so fitt, wollte den 1.Text nur etwas ausbessern,nun habt ihr ihn gleich 3x