Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia > OZ Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
Danny3zzzs OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thumb Help max publish his book of adventure!

Hello everyone, I am relatively new to the forum but I have an important announcement to make to the Australian adv. rider community!

**To anyone to lazy to read all of this, check out the link to the project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-max?ref=live

Here are a couple of pics of the adventure!:

On to the details:

I am sure some of you have heard of a website called Kickstarter. Basically, someone can create a project, and if enough people "pledge" money towards the Kickstarter, the project is funded and everyone receives their rewards that they pledged for. If enough money is not raised in a certain amount of time, anyone who pledged receives their money back, and the project may (unfortunately) not be able to be produced.

Anyways, I was browsing Kickstarter and found this cool project started by an Australian man named "Max" Wellington and his very interesting stories that he has accumulated over the years adventuring through Africa and Europe on his BMW and horse (he decided one day to drop everything he was doing, buy a bike, and ride away! His mom thought he was missing for a year!). After watching the vid I sent him a message and just talked a little about his ambitious project and how interesting I thought it was.

My words can't do their justice, but the link to the project with all of the info and a well-done video can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-max?ref=live

Watch the video and pledge if you like it and want a copy of the book! Support this man to help him achieve his dreams! Tell your friends! Tell your mom! Your dog! Anyone who might be interested to help make this book happen; a great read while you are waiting to adventure! It could be the next moto adventure classic, but we will never be able to tell if you don't pledge! Feel free to send him a message through Kickstarter if you have any questions or just to support him!

Cheers and thanks for looking!

(I am not affiliated with Max, I just wanted to spread the word!)

*(I am actually not located in Australia, but the project is being produced there, so go support your fellow Aussie!)
Danny3zzzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
PBee

Oddometer: 8,640
Looks like a fun holiday he's having..

How much money do you want us to give?

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
Danny3zzzs OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post

How much money do you want us to give?
I am personally not involved in the project (I am not begging for cash, just spreading a cool project), but you can find the different rewards you receive on the link I provided. I am sure any donation is appreciated and will make the project happen.

Here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-max?ref=live
Danny3zzzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
Jdeks
Departed

Oddometer: 947
Looks good, count me in!

There are a lot of folks out there like this - terrific stories to tell, that stay untold because of the ugly reality of the fiscal obstacles.

Lets just hope the cynics and grouches don't jump in here and dump on this guy for trying to get some help in making something out of his travels, and put off other people who'd want to hear his story.

edit: too late - moved to vendors . so much for that

Jdeks screwed with this post 02-19-2014 at 07:19 PM
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote