Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #61
fonztheyeti
king of all i survey

Oddometer: 665
even more amazing than young guys terrorizing the streets is the fact that since you saw them park and are so concerned with what they're thinking , you didn't just take it up with them.

for my part, i'm gonna guess they were thinking "holy fuck i'm gonna be late!".

Originally Posted by Kommando
People that want to try to dictate my life to me can suck it.
fonztheyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #62
Wraith Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Why are you even posting?
This is a very nice forum I frequently enjoy reading and from time to time I give my 2 cents. What's up with YOU judging a fellow rider by where on the world he is?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #63
390beretta OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 885
NJ Brett, yep, you've got it! I'm old enough now that I know I'm not gonna live forever! Also, I've seen a lot of younger people die, doing less dangerous/risky things than I do. I just hate to see a young man or woman, due to the "I'm immortal/infallible" delusional belief, wind up dead, or worse, in a wheel chair for the rest of their lives (even Wraith).
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #64
390beretta OP
Studly Adventurer

Wraith rider: Two things, first, Pantah and I have had our differences on this forum, but I think we respect each other and I know he has a lot of wisdom to impart.....even though he sometimes "groans" when he sees one of my posts!

Secondly: "Wraith", part of your handle, means in english, "Intense anger, fury, etc." If that's you and it translates into your riding, I'd suggest you reconsider your attitude and your mode of transportation. Take a look at some of Dakez's posts, "If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong".

Old 07-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #65
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,057
Well, I suppose quite a few do have something bad happen to them, on the other hand, they have good eyesight, quick reflexes and flexible bones, along with fast healing times.

I have a friend from grade school, a wild guy in/on anything with wheels.
I have known him for 45 years, he rides dirt and street, and last week at age 54 he fell off a roof while working and after a 40 foot fall onto concrete is totally busted up.
Face, arms, legs, all compound fractures, face had to be rebuilt, lots of metal rods, plates and screws so far...
He never got hurt riding, at least not bad enough to go to the hospital.
He is also a cancer survivor.

I was also very wild when younger, still am a bit, yet I got all busted up falling at 20 mph in the dirt a few years ago.
Drunken rain riding, high speeds on risky roads, high speeds at night, drugs, sometimes all the above at the same time, and no hospital visits.

I am not critical of people being wild and stupid, at least not yet, as long as they stay off my lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
NJ Brett, yep, you've got it! I'm old enough now that I know I'm not gonna live forever! Also, I've seen a lot of younger people die, doing less dangerous/risky things than I do. I just hate to see a young man or woman, due to the "I'm immortal/infallible" delusional belief, wind up dead, or worse, in a wheel chair for the rest of their lives (even Wraith).
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #66
Wuwei
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
Quote:
I am not critical of people being wild and stupid, at least not yet, as long as they stay off my lawn!
The problem is that when you're going crazy speeds on a public road there is a high chance that it won't just be your own life that will be impacted if you f-up. My bottom line is do all the crazy stuff you want, as long as you do it where you won't hurt other people.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #67
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,057
On a motorcycle, I rate the risk to other people low, and mostly did my wild stuff in remote area's, or late at night.
In a car its different, and I was never wild in a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuwei View Post
The problem is that when you're going crazy speeds on a public road there is a high chance that it won't just be your own life that will be impacted if you f-up. My bottom line is do all the crazy stuff you want, as long as you do it where you won't hurt other people.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #68
390beretta OP
Studly Adventurer

Hi Guys! Claypgn here, I'm 390 Beretta's wife. If I was Queen, I would have a graduated drivers license system. Everyone would have to ride a motorcycle for two years. The survivors would then be allowed to drive "Cages". It would provide more organ donors and improve the gene pool.

P.S. I am 20 years younger than my husband and have only been riding a street bike for less than a year. I rode dirt for my first 2 years (spent 7 months in Moab, UT last summer). I refuse to believe that it is not if, but when, you have a collision. I have not had one in a Cage and see no reason to have one on my bike. But, then again, I don't ride recklessly. I ride a Versys and I ride it spirited - in the proper enviroment.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #69
Half Fast
Gnarly lurker

Oddometer: 287
If this happened in Cave Creek it was probably just some of Sonny's boys from the local Chapter.
Half Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #70
fonztheyeti
king of all i survey

Quote:
Hi Guys! Claypgn here, I'm 390 Beretta's wife... I ride a Versys and I ride it spirited - in the proper enviroment.
sweet. you guys sound well suited for one another.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #71
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith Rider View Post
This is a very nice forum I frequently enjoy reading and from time to time I give my 2 cents. What's up with YOU judging a fellow rider by where on the world he is?
Really? That is what you took away from his post? I took it completely different. He simply chastised you for having a strong opinion about something you knew NOTHING about. The "where" was only pertinent to show you could not possibly know what you were speaking to..

You and your opinions are always welcome... Just be ready for a lashing at times. Welcome to the asylum. Pantah and I go spar at times here too but I would like very much to meet him one day and go for a ride.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 07-15-2012 at 06:18 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #72
fonztheyeti
king of all i survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Really? That is what you took away from his post? I took it completely different. He simply chastised someone for having a strong opinion about something he knew NOTHING about. The "where" was only pertinent to show he could not possibly know what he was speaking to..

everyone but the op knows the same thing: only what the op said.

granted knowledge isn't a prerequisite for having a strong opinion, even on the internet.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #73
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,243
Quote:
Oh Man! IDA handy, Please re-read my posts. I'll extend the same invitation to you. There's a helluva difference between speeding slightly in order to keep up with the flow of traffic and driving twice the limit. Surely you must "get" that. If you have anything else to discuss, I extend the same invitation to you, PM me. If you don't, I wish you good luck. You're gonna need it.
Now hang on a moment your speeding 'slightly' is ok but some dang young fool's isn't ??

that's hilarious
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #74
390beretta OP
Studly Adventurer

Jesus, dbuzz......ah, screw it, I'm not even going to waste my time, which is limited since I'm old. Best Wishes!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #75
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,243
Quote:
Jesus, dbuzz......ah, screw it, I'm not even going to waste my time, which is limited since I'm old. Best Wishes!
LOL ... much more important things happening than young fools speeding through town damn young whippersnappers aint got no respect nowadays. ... here ya go ... get ya panties in a twist about this >>>

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226426696920
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote