Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #1861
manban9888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
This has been an excellent RR w great pictures and writing. It's had more views and responses than most simply because we enjoy it and it's been fun. . Dennis is a genuine decent man that turned a rough time into a great ride. Many wsh they could do the same. There's ALWAYS gonna be people that feel a need to chop others down for whatever their own issues, insecurities or just snooty personality. They don't matter and we will continue to cheer Dennis on and follow his adventures and live our own as we see fit
manban9888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #1862
Tarek
Accidental Asshole

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post
Profundity is found by those who avail themselves to it. If one requires having one's ankle ravaged by a colony of fire ants to experience that profundity whilst his GS is mired in quicksand in some jungle, fine. Just know that the duration and destination are not even the remotest bit important. No matter what the destination, insight shall be found by those who seek it.

The reader, in turn, finds contradictions and similarities to his/her own life journey and, when availing him-/herself to profundity, can glean valuable lessons and inspiration. People read what attracts them. People are drawn to similar energies. "Like attracts like."

Condescension in judging how/where people find inspiration on their journey is very telling. It speaks more about you than it does them.

Peace.
This. Now we need need to stop this hijacking of this thread and get back to listening to what AH has to say
Tarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #1863
Scooterquest
Expert Rookie

Oddometer: 4
Today, We Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manban9888 View Post
....and we will continue to cheer Dennis on and follow his adventures and live our own as we see fit

T minus 8 days to our annual Spring Deals Gap pilgrimage, and if the deepest thing I ponder the whole trip is my own navel, then so be it. I've thoroughly enjoyed The AntiHero's RR, especially the lonesome road psychology. Thanks again Dennis for helping me through the winter till my own adventure rolled around!

If you happen to be in the area, all are welcome around the campfire- it'll be the one with an airborne Fiddy sailing over!
Scooterquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #1864
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by manban9888 View Post
There's ALWAYS gonna be people that feel a need to chop others down for whatever their own issues, insecurities or just snooty personality. They don't matter and we will continue to cheer Dennis on and follow his adventures and live our own as we see fit
Thanks, Manban!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacineWI View Post
Screw all this bickering....hey Anti, in ten years are we going to be reading "coast to coast with my wife on the back and kid in the side car"?
Ha. Now THAT would be something. And I'd have to be deaf in order to get any writing done with a woman and kid around!

Quote:
Condescension in judging how/where people find inspiration on their journey is very telling. It speaks more about you than it does them.

Deals gap! Enjoy, scooterquest.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #1865
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Now where were we....oh yes.

After an exciting ride back to the pits in a track golf cart (I don't think I've ever ridden in a golf cart before), we filmed a little more outside the pits until Ducati closed up and were ready to lock the doors. We moved inside and Ducati hesitantly abandoned us. Though it wasn't exactly like being locked inside the Louvre overnight, it was a privileged and unusual circumstance. We finished the remainder of the interview, the photographers packed up their gear and then I was alone...

...if you can call being in the presence of a colony of Ducatis "alone." For a brief moment I thought about all the times I was really isolated on the trip--in the pouring hail huddled under a tin roof in Herrick, SD; watching a midnight train glide through a cornfield in Wyoming at midnight, bike illuminated by a sliver of silver moon; sitting in a room in Ontario with a cheap print of van Gogh staring at me all night while eating a bag of Intense Pickle Doritos drinking wine. During these and hundreds of similar moments across the country I had no idea what my future would be. No idea if what I was doing was just a grand diversion, a waste of time, or a path to nowhere, or a series of singular events that would eventually connect into some grand plot. But they all meant something while they were happening in the present and I'm happy if that's all. A tremendous collection of memories continue to stay with me in a way that events that are supposed to mean something have not.

Alone again, at CotA, with keys to the Ducati castle I still had no clue what it meant or why I was really there, what it would or wouldn't lead to. It was just me and a multiplicity of demons (except these ones were real and gorgeous). After a knowing grin, I gathered up up my gear, shut the lights off, and walked away with more memories that will be impossible to forget.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #1866
wiswoodsguy
Kmart shopper

Oddometer: 1,812
This better not be your fade to black moment
wiswoodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #1867
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
And I'd have to be deaf in order to get any writing done with a woman and kid around!
It's called selective hearing. All us married folk engage in it to some degree.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #1868
jesse v
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
... I sat, waiting with my gear, remembering what it was like to always be picked dead fucking last.
You, my good sir, have picked yourself.

The Icarus Deception
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #1869
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,674
Yo! Dennis, where are the stickers?
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #1870
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
It's called selective hearing. All us married folk engage in it to some degree.
I guess i'm one step ahead of you, I've learned that trick and I'm not married yet! lol
I guess i got lucky though, because my girl likes to ride and travel, so i got very lucky.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #1871
cmacfar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
In between sessions 2 and 3 Ducati came and asked me if I could do an 'interview' with Nicky Hayden. Sure....but what the hell do I say? "Just talk about your trip." Sounds good. I peeled off my leathers, then I think I drank a bottle of water and took a leak. I might have sat staring into space while eating one of the delicious snacks they had in the paddock and I could have possibly taken some pictures of my toes. Then, as I went to find Gabe, the head camera honcho, he finds me. "Hey we're waiting." Shit, we're doing this NOW? I went outside to find they'd set up in front of a paddock door, and from Hayden's expression I think they'd been waiting for longer than convention typically allows. As we talked about what the hell we should talk about, No. 69 takes over and says, "I got it" and starts asking me questions. Content problem solved.
Did you talk more about this interview or am I missing something. I'd love to know what kind of questions he asked you. I know being as awkward of a small talker as I am that it would be pretty short interview

NH: So you road a Ducati across the country?

Me: Yep

NH: That's Cool

Me: Yep

NH: Alright, see ya later

Me: Ok
cmacfar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #1872
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Yo! Dennis, where are the stickers?

I love the design, and the material is decent, but I don't think they'd stand up to enough abuse, so I'm going to source them from another vendor. But I have a stockpile now if anyone wants some!

AntiHero screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 08:22 PM
Old 05-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #1873
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,674
Quote:
I love the design, and the material is decent, but I don't think they'd stand up to enough abuse, so I'm going to source them from another vendor. But I have a stockpile now if anyone wants some!

PM sent.
PS: Is Ducati cool with you using their fairing design as the center design of your sticker?
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #1874
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,769
PM sent!
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #1875
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
PM sent.
PS: Is Ducati cool with you using their fairing design as the center design of your sticker?
They fucking better be! I've sold quite a few bikes for them and helped Ducati accomplish from a branding/marketing/PR perspective what they couldn't have possibly done on their own. All at no cost, too.

As for the Scythes in the background--I just hope the grim reaper doesn't have any issues with it or I'm in big trouble!